South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

Hello all. Back for a one day wonder. Been away with the trials and joys of bringing up a newly toddling toddler. Knackering!

Have noted that today could produce some wintery goods in hilly areas, mind you last time I got all excited it went somewhat pear shaped.

But its looking like for here as we pass midday colder air will dig in with a wintery mix over the moors with some heavy snow from this evening onwards. Arranged to start work a little later tomorrow so to check out any snow on the higher routes. For my location of a mere 200 metres still a wintery mix rather than full on snow, so a good night for lamppost watching!

EDIT: Looks like snow has already started falling on the moors!

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 2

Squally shower just moved through that turned more and more to hail as it went on. Brightening up again. I'd hoped for a clean convective day today but there's a lot of low cloud and crud between showers.

• Like 1

6mm of rain yesterday, a further 12.8mm today, some of it was quite heavy last night. It has been dry since the early morning though, windy.

Temp: 7.9°C - Hum: 80% - Dew: 4.7°C - Bar: 986.05hPa - Wind: SW @ 18mph, gusting to 32mph.

2.7mm rain to 09.00 most came from line that went through before I got up!  Nothing then until about half and hour ago when there was a small hail shower, getting dark again right now so may be more to come.

Afternoon all, we've had everything bar the kitchen sink thrown at us today, particularly grotty during the heaviest of downpours and feeling distinctly chilly in the wind. METO have withdrawn their promise of yesterday for heavy snow tonight, replaced it instead with a rather lacklustre sleet symbol. If we can't have snow I'll happily take full on spring, bored with it all now.

• Like 2

I'm really surprised by the lack of showers here, had nothing since 7am. The forecast looked so promising as well. In fact, the MetO forecast yesterday, showed heavy showers all day, this  morning it changed to nothing at all. ;/

Hail shower at about 16.30 this afternoon and possibly a flash of lightning (although that could just be me!) A high of 8.2C today, which was just after midnight last night! Currently 5.0C but feeling much colder.

32 minutes ago, Nights King said:

showers turned to snow in recent one driving up towards home... but now watch the shower activity miss me all night :rofl::lazy:

Not surprised at all, temperature went down to 02.5C here not long ago at 10m ASL. Showers have of course been mainly sleet/hail here.

Evening, it's a rather chilly 0.1 here with a DP of -2; theoretically if anything falls from the sky, it should be white and fluffy. Now watch all the showers give us a wide berth :-(