Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted

Is the wind due to die down or will it still be blowing tomorrow, should make for some interesting drifts if still present. I hope you all manage to see some flakes tomorrow, seems eons since the last sighting of snow here but I am hopeful for tomorrow eve, suspect it'll be a long night tomorrow!!! But no snow plough duties for me this year thankfully!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

This thread...mad thread...cold spell thread...son messaging me every two seconds on facebook.....oh god I can't keep up. Slow down world, my heads spinning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
8 minutes ago, AWD said:

Hang on, upgrade alert............  wait 3mins and the charts will follow.........

The 12z Arome model has hill snow from the word go for the SW moors;

Snow for much of the West Country with the exception of coastal areas.  

Note the heavier PPN is advertised as snowfall rather than the lighter PPN, indictive of evaporate cooling.

This would be an better outcome IMBY.

Now thats what I like to see from you AWD positive productive posts that give me lots of snow :hi::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
Just now, Nights King said:

Now thats what I like to see from you AWD positive productive posts that give me lots of snow :hi::D

Wouldn't venture into the MOD thread then.  A lot of wrist slashing over next weeks weather in there.

Posted
Just now, AWD said:

Wouldn't venture into the MOD thread then.  A lot of wrist slashing over next weeks weather in there.

my interest is up until friday ill be okay :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I'm sat at work rocking back and forth under my desk... it's all too much excitement. :rofl::yahoo::pardon:

Metoffice app hasn't changed at all for me. :sorry:

Edited by khodds
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

You're getting old!!! lol

I think it's got, not getting. Much as I love computers and the whole world being accessible, there's part of me which thinks how much simpler life was when all we had to go on was a tv forecast and crossing fingers the snow would actually come. Not convinced all the hand wringing and anticipation is good for us all, even though I'm as bad as the next person. Pretty sure we'd all qualify for a sectioning order at times.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, khodds said:

I'm sat at work rocking back and forth under my desk... it's all too much excitement. :rofl::yahoo::pardon:

Metoffice app hasn't changed at all for me. :sorry:

Same here even though it's odds on it'll rain in Cardiff.

• Like 1

Posted

On a completely different note, just stepped outside and there's an absolutely stunning moon rising tonight, shining really brightly against the clear, blue sky. Go take a look.

• Like 2

Posted

Think I'll stay in here now.  Thought I would post a few post in the MOD thread but seems I wasn't ramping the cold enough.

Looks chilly next week for our area, with the exception of the start of the week, with single figure maxima for many of us, especially the further into the week you go but that is a long way off for such detail yet.

Euro4 out in a hour, lets hope for a slow down, showdown, snowmount.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
58 minutes ago, AWD said:

However, on Friday the 12z Hirlam shows PPN over the West Country and with conditions a lot less marginal on Friday, this would be snow for the majority (most likely in the form of flurries);

Ihirlamuk-42-35-0.png

hirlamuk-42-37-0.png

hirlamuk-42-38-0.png

Hands up who is doing an all-nighter tomorrow night??  Lol.

I'm doing an all-nighter tonight because of an essay deadline tomorrow, I don't know if I can do two in a row lol!

Posted
31 minutes ago, jethro said:

I think it's got, not getting. Much as I love computers and the whole world being accessible, there's part of me which thinks how much simpler life was when all we had to go on was a tv forecast and crossing fingers the snow would actually come. Not convinced all the hand wringing and anticipation is good for us all, even though I'm as bad as the next person. Pretty sure we'd all qualify for a sectioning order at times.

Lol!! You and me both!!!

Posted

Hello, may I come back? Have not posted for, probably a couple of years, due to all sorts of reasons, one of which was I could not remember my password! However, the possibility of some white stuff seems to have jogged my memory! I have been reading the forum regularly though and always felt a bit left out that I could not join in., I have a new device and am still trying to get to grips with it, so my post may seem a bit stilted.  Anyway, how exciting this all is, the excitement of maybe seeing some white stuff is currently outweighing the possible horror of driving around for work all day. Anyway, I hope everyone is blessed with lots of snow over the next day or two!

• Like 7

Posted
1 minute ago, noggin said:

Hello, may I come back? Have not posted for, probably a couple of years, due to all sorts of reasons, one of which was I could not remember my password! However, the possibility of some white stuff seems to have jogged my memory! I have been reading the forum regularly though and always felt a bit left out that I could not join in., I have a new device and am still trying to get to grips with it, so my post may seem a bit stilted.  Anyway, how exciting this all is, the excitement of maybe seeing some white stuff is currently outweighing the possible horror of driving around for work all day. Anyway, I hope everyone is blessed with lots of snow over the next day or two!

Welcome back Noggin, good to see you!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes - welcome back Noggin :) 

the moon is a beauty tonight Jeth and it's feeling colder than it actually is too.. 

• Like 1

Posted

Notice this hour we are back to heavy snow here for 6pm onwards.
Got a bit down earlier as it had gone to light snow and then just sleet from having us heavy snow in all yesterday evening and early morning forecasts.
Not liking all the rain though that it looks like we will have before the big event.

Was 109c at 2pm today, now 7.9c, 1015.5 hPa
NW wind 11mph with some 20mph gusts now and again
Feels very much chillier here tonight than it has for a while.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

Looks like we further day Cornwall are just gonna see rain :( what a shame... Have to say today was very cold brrrr... O would love to see some snow , so I'm still holding on :)

Posted
Just now, caz100 said:

Looks like we further day Cornwall are just gonna see rain :( what a shame... Have to say today was very cold brrrr... O would love to see some snow , so I'm still holding on :)

Just head up to the moors caz that could be very interesting Friday :cold-emoji:

Posted

I'm off to the SE on Friday!! How typical is it that the weekend we may get snow, I'm out of the area!!

mind you, could be worse.. I could be on holiday. Phew.. thank good for that. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, khodds said:

I'm off to the SE on Friday!! How typical is it that the weekend we may get snow, I'm out of the area!!

mind you, could be worse.. I could be on holiday. Phew.. thank good for that. :rofl:

The SE could quite possibly get some persistent snow from a feature running down the North Sea coast on Friday.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, AWD said:

The SE could quite possibly get some persistent snow from a feature running down the North Sea coast on Friday.

Really..? Ooooh.. we are in Oxfordshire on Friday and London on Saturday- husband running an ultra marathon (I'll be shopping and drinking!) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 hour ago, jethro said:

If that happens it'll be large JD's all round.

Life can be so cruel.

1 hour ago, festivalking said:

latest apps have downgraded me to sleet :wallbash:

I think its slipping away a wee bit down here towards a rain event what with what i've heard....

Oh good God I'll be glad when it's all over back to snow again on the app. Large JDs all round you say I assume large bottles!

Posted
1 minute ago, khodds said:

Really..? Ooooh.. we are in Oxfordshire on Friday and London on Saturday- husband running an ultra marathon (I'll be shopping and drinking!) 

Oh.  Lol.  Not sure Oxfordshire is in the SE as I meant it.  Lol.  Apologies.

Might see something Saturday though.

• Like 1