Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted

Mornin all, currently 3.9°C (39.0°F), Apparent temp 2.7°C and a great view out over the channel this morning, with  no mist no low clouds, nowt, just pure English Channel.

Posted

Nice sunny start with a ground frost, min of 0.3C.

Slightly confusing forecasts, the BBC national and local forecasts show sunshine all day (they did yesterday evening too), The same map on the BBC website shows it clouding over by 10am and staying that way for the whole day.  The Met Office symbol forecast (which does seem to over-do cloud cover a bit) has a 'cloudy' symbol for today but when you click to view hourly, there are more sunny interval or sunny symbols than cloudy. :cc_confused:

Based on the satellite I think I'll lean towards the sunnier forecasts

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

Nice sunny start with a ground frost, min of 0.3C.

Slightly confusing forecasts, the BBC national and local forecasts show sunshine all day (they did yesterday evening too), The same map on the BBC website shows it clouding over by 10am and staying that way for the whole day.  The Met Office symbol forecast (which does seem to over-do cloud cover a bit) has a 'cloudy' symbol for today but when you click to view hourly, there are more sunny interval or sunny symbols than cloudy. :cc_confused:

Based on the satellite I think I'll lean towards the sunnier forecasts

I think sometimes it's easy to confuse the map showing Cirrus and assume it means fully cloudy.

We have 100% Cirrus cover here but unbroken sunshine. It happens frequently under high pressure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The week ahead forecast on Sunday went pear shaped on Monday. It has been a bit of a shambles every day since then as well.
Blue skies here, and sunny & warm.

Temp: 14.6°C - Hum: 54% - Dew: 5.4°C - Bar: 1032.17hPa - Wind: N @ 7mph.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Blue sky and fairly warm in the sun. Slightly cooler in the breeze. 14.7°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Blue sky and fairly warm in the sun. Slightly cooler in the breeze. 14.7°C. 

Not had any weather in the SE for years, any better in your region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
58 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Not had any weather in the SE for years, any better in your region?

No :nonono:

Posted
19 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I think sometimes it's easy to confuse the map showing Cirrus and assume it means fully cloudy.

We have 100% Cirrus cover here but unbroken sunshine. It happens frequently under high pressure.

It might be at times, but it looked like thicker, lower cloud to me. Yesterday did have a fair bit of cirrus in the afternoon and cumulus bubbled up around late morning but it was but mostly sunny still.

This morning is similar, it's clear and sunny again, but the BBC website map looks like this and stays like it apart from late sunshine for the SW peninsula (TV forecast much better again). 
58e5e464c5a26_BBC7am6thApril.thumb.png.76d6415fd48a3f7761e356bb5bd8b897.png58e5e4da4b034_sat246thApril.thumb.png.34444f2cccec919964904aaa2c4ccea6.png

Yesterday the Met Office forecast had 'overcast' symbols pretty much all day today, now it's improved in the morning, then turning cloudy. We shall see..
Anyway I'm not complaining as such and the written/human forecasts mention sunshine more, would be much more annoying it was forecast sunny but was cloudy!
Just noting the computer models/graphics appear to be struggling with cloud amounts at the moment.

Anyway, another ground frost, min 0.7C and warming up in full sunshine.

Posted

Another bust forecast, that's every day since Sunday. Lol

It was forecast to be overcast according to the BBC and MetO site last night, it has been perfect blue skies from the off. 5.8 hours of sunshine recorded so far.

Temp: 15.3°C - Hum: 60% - Dew: 7.6°C - Bar: 1030.99hPa - Wind: Light/Variable @ 3mph.

Posted

Funny sort of cloud overhead. It's blue and the suns easilly shining through it. :rofl:

Quite warm but yet again a cool breeze making it feel cooler than it actually is. 12.2°C. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Another bust forecast, that's every day since Sunday. Lol

It was forecast to be overcast according to the BBC and MetO site last night, it has been perfect blue skies from the off. 5.8 hours of sunshine recorded so far.

Temp: 15.3°C - Hum: 60% - Dew: 7.6°C - Bar: 1030.99hPa - Wind: Light/Variable @ 3mph.

The forecaster on Points West this morning said there was less cloud than anticipated. Amusingly the lunchtime prediction has gone for more cloud tomorrow than today.

I suppose it can't be bad if we in here and those in the model thread only have cloud amount discrepancies to discuss!

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

The forecaster on Points West this morning said there was less cloud than anticipated. Amusingly the lunchtime prediction has gone for more cloud tomorrow than today.

I suppose it can't be bad if we in here and those in the model thread only have cloud amount discrepancies to discuss!

I'm just glad that it wasn't sunshine that they forecast, and ended up with cloud instead. It has been the best day so far this year, unbroken sunshine all day. 25.7 hours of sunshine has been recorded here, from Monday until now. That's not too shabby!
I also noted that the MetO predicted 14°C for here, Wunderground had me down for 17°C. My max today was 16.9°C :)

Posted

Only reached 12.4°C here with the breeze but still feels quite warm and even warmer when sheltered. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

Morning all. Yet another glorious cold morning. Overnight low hovering aruond zero, but plenty of unbroken sunshine. Now just five hours stands between me and 2 eeks off work!

Posted
15 hours ago, knocker said:

Won't get a better day than this all year. Only got up to 12C but that's plenty and remaining comfortable

I was thinking the same yesterday afternoon knocker. It was a bit warmer here, but I was sat out at about 2pm yesterday thinking this is pretty much perfect.

So chuffed that it's going to last for the weekend. We've got friends coming up for a brewday, bbq, etc tomorrow and it's looking great. :)

The OH was still scraping ice off the car windscreen at 7:30am this morning though. Love it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Minimum 4.6c this morning. Now clear and sunny..  15.7c. In sunshine.     

• Like 1

Posted

A low of 2.7°C this morning, and then clear skies from the word go! The sunshine hours are totting up nicely now.

Temp: 15.4°C - Hum: 63% - Dew: 8.2°C - Bar: 1027.80hPa - Wind: Variable @ 2mph.