Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms anything to annoy the Smurfs!

Tomorrow afternoon looks very wintry in my area. Not seen so many 'snow blobs' all winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm hoping i'm going to be clipped by that lot - going to be close.

58b3638bf3acd_2017-02-26(1)_LI.thumb.jpg.641b63473d442ef1f7ed96d6faa7ef90.jpg

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Hello all. Back for a one day wonder. Been away with the trials and joys of bringing up a newly toddling toddler. Knackering!

Have noted that today could produce some wintery goods in hilly areas, mind you last time I got all excited it went somewhat pear shaped.

But its looking like for here as we pass midday colder air will dig in with a wintery mix over the moors with some heavy snow from this evening onwards. Arranged to start work a little later tomorrow so to check out any snow on the higher routes. For my location of a mere 200 metres still a wintery mix rather than full on snow, so a good night for lamppost watching!

EDIT: Looks like snow has already started falling on the moors!

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I just managed to miss the rain on the commute this morning.

Have a good week all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I still have fences and posts upright.. Result!!!:drinks: god bless quick set cement!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Squally shower just moved through that turned more and more to hail as it went on. Brightening up again. I'd hoped for a clean convective day today but there's a lot of low cloud and crud between showers.

• Like 1

Posted

6mm of rain yesterday, a further 12.8mm today, some of it was quite heavy last night. It has been dry since the early morning though, windy.

Temp: 7.9°C - Hum: 80% - Dew: 4.7°C - Bar: 986.05hPa - Wind: SW @ 18mph, gusting to 32mph.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

2.7mm rain to 09.00 most came from line that went through before I got up!  Nothing then until about half and hour ago when there was a small hail shower, getting dark again right now so may be more to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon all, we've had everything bar the kitchen sink thrown at us today, particularly grotty during the heaviest of downpours and feeling distinctly chilly in the wind. METO have withdrawn their promise of yesterday for heavy snow tonight, replaced it instead with a rather lacklustre sleet symbol. If we can't have snow I'll happily take full on spring, bored with it all now.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm really surprised by the lack of showers here, had nothing since 7am. The forecast looked so promising as well. In fact, the MetO forecast yesterday, showed heavy showers all day, this  morning it changed to nothing at all. ;/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Haven't had many showers here either. Just a couple of light showers this afternoon since the main band had gone. 11.4mm mostly overnight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Hail shower at about 16.30 this afternoon and possibly a flash of lightning (although that could just be me!) A high of 8.2C today, which was just after midnight last night! Currently 5.0C but feeling much colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

showers turned to snow in recent one driving up towards home... but now watch the shower activity miss me all night :rofl::lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
32 minutes ago, Nights King said:

showers turned to snow in recent one driving up towards home... but now watch the shower activity miss me all night :rofl::lazy:

Not surprised at all, temperature went down to 02.5C here not long ago at 10m ASL. Showers have of course been mainly sleet/hail here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening, it's a rather chilly 0.1 here with a DP of -2; theoretically if anything falls from the sky, it should be white and fluffy. Now watch all the showers give us a wide berth :-(

Posted

Weather not conducive for snow here, maybe hail. But, I would need a shower for that, and they are all dodging the microclimate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Sleet and hail here rattling the windows. Looking good up in Princetown.