Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Gonna have to somehow repair that, before any rain arrives..

P2230099.thumb.JPG.494beb56e86e4f3ac9e9fa0a6a35d729.JPG

It almost got me while I was outside  lol

Oh dear, you will be busy in the sunshine tomorrow then.
Did you manage to catch it all in one piece?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, lettice said:

Oh dear, you will be busy in the sunshine tomorrow then.
Did you manage to catch it all in one piece?

Pretty much, bar 8  inches. I'm just gonna do a bodge job on it for now. I'll buy a couple of new rolls and re-do all of it, as it's last 7 years. each strip  is almost 5m long, so I may be able to get three 5m rolls, or  a 10m and a 5m roll - hopefully?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a day it's been. A nervous journey to work....much as I love the landscape around here, all those ancient Oaks bordering the roads make me very nervous on days like today, lots of debris around, a few trees down in the fields and one down on the lane into the village where I work. Got to work to find the builder's portaloo cabin had blown over and was doing a fair impersonation of tumbleweed blowing up the garden - didn't go anywhere near to see if it had leaked! Took delivery of two 6ft high (plus pots) lemon trees, helpful delivery driver said (and I quote) 'just my job to get them here love, not get them indoors for you'. Indoors being a good 500mtrs away, lemon trees very tender and very expensive cannot be left outside, I had to carry them across on my own. They were like sodding great big sails, one step forwards, three steps back, try not to get blown over. Must have looked quite comical, glad there was no one there to film me.

Made it home without getting squished by a tree only to find my hill top dwelling really isn't good on windy days. Doris 1 : Gate 0. 8inch gatepost (newish and solid as a rock) snapped clean off at the bottom.  Oh poo!!!

DSC01013_(2).JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well the garden furniture has moved into the corner but otherwise, it's just been a windy day here. The gales last March were more serious.

Edited by MP-R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Well, that's the shed roof bodged until I get some felt tomorrow. Can't have a leaky man cave now, can we?

Forgive the intrusion into your thread, but I am looking at them all at the moment to see what has been happening.

Leaky "man caves" are not allowed. Get that roof fixed!

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well today's storm has done more damage at home than any storm since the great storm here personally.

I lost the roof on my outhouse/conservatory today which was only put on last summer! Brand new roof looked lovely, damn shame and a surprise. Also lost part of a fence but it was old.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 hours ago, jethro said:

What a day it's been. A nervous journey to work....much as I love the landscape around here, all those ancient Oaks bordering the roads make me very nervous on days like today, lots of debris around, a few trees down in the fields and one down on the lane into the village where I work. Got to work to find the builder's portaloo cabin had blown over and was doing a fair impersonation of tumbleweed blowing up the garden - didn't go anywhere near to see if it had leaked! Took delivery of two 6ft high (plus pots) lemon trees, helpful delivery driver said (and I quote) 'just my job to get them here love, not get them indoors for you'. Indoors being a good 500mtrs away, lemon trees very tender and very expensive cannot be left outside, I had to carry them across on my own. They were like sodding great big sails, one step forwards, three steps back, try not to get blown over. Must have looked quite comical, glad there was no one there to film me.

Made it home without getting squished by a tree only to find my hill top dwelling really isn't good on windy days. Doris 1 : Gate 0. 8inch gatepost (newish and solid as a rock) snapped clean off at the bottom.  Oh poo!!!

DSC01013_(2).JPG

I have no idea what wind speeds were but it really was worst I have seen in a very long time.

I see the wind even sucked out the headlamps on your car! :rofl:

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, jethro said:

DSC01013_(2).JPG

I liked this not because of all the grief you've had!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Nights King said:

I have no idea what wind speeds were but it really was worst I have seen in a very long time.

I see the wind even sucked out the headlamps on your car! :rofl:

That's my darling sons fixer upper - allegedly. To date it's merely resulted in parts being stripped off for mates cars. Grrrrr. He's in for a shock, planning application for that end of the garden goes in soon, he'll have to move it then or face it being buried in the footings. Cheeky sod left home years ago but is lucky enough to have a soft sod for a mum. 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, it's a beautiful morning here, clear blue sky and bright sunshine :D We had a slight frost overnight -0.1. not particularly cold but low enough for the car needing to be de-frosted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A cooler feel today but still reached double figures earlier on this afternoon and sunny almost all day. 9.2°C. 

Posted

Lucky we got in good day today as has it become increasingly cloudy recently, presumably with fronts (I say fronts advisedly if you look at the fax charts :)) approaching from the west. Mainly Cs but all sorts with some Ac, and Cu Temp got up to 10C

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

32 minutes ago, jtay said:

@matt111@katemart, et al...

Anyone off to Wembley on Sunday? We've been lucky enough to get some tickets, so 4 of us are heading up there.

I'm not able to go unfortunately but my dad and brother are going. I'll be watching as much of it as I can though. 

Feels quite chilly now that the suns gone round even though it's still 9°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Fantastic today! I recorded 7.5 hours of sunshine. I re-felted the shed roof today, I also sealed it with bitumen - got covered in it. :D

Temp maxed out at 10.8°C

Temp: 6.4°C - Hum: 84% - Dew: 3.9°C - Bar: 1019.78hPa - Wind: WSW @ 1mph.

Posted

Been watching the temperature over the last hour and it's gone from 6.1°C to 7.2°C then down to 6.6°C and now back to 7.2°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Still breezy on the coast at West Bay this morning, but sunny, making for a pleasant walk.  Grass dry enough at home to be able to give it the first cut of the season.  Actually looking very good.