Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted

Been pretty windy here most of today, 23mph with 30 mph gusts.
Turning grey last hour, but been dry so far.

Forecasts are showing winds here of 30mph with 40-53mph gust tomorrow through the day.
Did think it was further up North, has this changed?

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

surprise surprise, whenever snow is forecast here and the warnings come out sure enough it never arrives. Unwanted wind storm though different matter....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Agreed with the above its been really windy today, so much so a tree has been blown down in Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not quite as windy here yet but it's been cloudy all day with drizzle from mid afternoon onwards. Felt mild earlier but cooler now. 9.9°C. 

Posted

4 almost identical days in a row of warm sector conditions, the only variances being how much blustery rain/drizzle and how many brighter spells. Quite often the brightest periods have coincided with the 'heaviest' rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Nothing even vaguely interesting to report from here, last saw the sun on Saturday when down in the New Forest, since then it's been unrelenting grey and drizzle. I suppose there has been a little variation, the drizzle has made it all the way to full on rain a few times, then back to drizzle, through to more like low cloud mist, then back again. DREARY. Any glimmer of hope of some dry weather in the near future? I've got loads of digging to do and it's far too claggy at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
46 minutes ago, jethro said:

Nothing even vaguely interesting to report from here, last saw the sun on Saturday when down in the New Forest, since then it's been unrelenting grey and drizzle. I suppose there has been a little variation, the drizzle has made it all the way to full on rain a few times, then back to drizzle, through to more like low cloud mist, then back again. DREARY. Any glimmer of hope of some dry weather in the near future? I've got loads of digging to do and it's far too claggy at the mo.

This is the worst weather living on mendip.. truly disgusting weather!

Feels like november weather but in winter :nonono:

Nothing interesting in models unless you live above 300m in Scotland and hardly unusual for them..

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The wind dropped off earlier, for a few hours. It has started to increase again, now. My new pole is doing a great job, I wanted to check it, so I shone a torch up during some higher gusts, there's not a single wobble or oscillation on it, the old aerial pole would have been vibrating like a good'un!

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Is it bad that I couldn't give two hoots about storm Doris? Fed up of this winter now. It's been a blooming bore fest. 

Sorry. I've had a shocker of a day at work and no one to moan to about it tonight. Am a very grumpy girl :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
25 minutes ago, khodds said:

Is it bad that I couldn't give two hoots about storm Doris? Fed up of this winter now. It's been a blooming bore fest. 

Sorry. I've had a shocker of a day at work and no one to moan to about it tonight. Am a very grumpy girl :diablo:

I wasn't that bothered about warmth just yet but after Monday I'm starting to think more about that than winter. 

At least the storm might bring some actual weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Wind has been a constant 22-25mph for the last few hours with a lot of gusts of 35-40mph.
Drizzle all morning and looks from rain meter some drizzle in the early hours, 1.6mm so far.
10.3c, 996.5 hPa

Posted
1 minute ago, lettice said:

Wind has been a constant 22-25mph for the last few hours with a lot of gusts of 35-40mph.
Drizzle all morning and looks from rain meter some drizzle in the early hours, 1.6mm so far.
10.3c, 996.5 hPa

0.3mm here. although looking at the radar. we have the "tail" of Doris about to cruise by, so that might top it up a bit.

Posted

The squall line is just going through now. The rain is really coming down.

I'd normally be leaving for my morning walk now, but dropping the OH in Salisbury shortly, means I'm saved from a proper soaking.

Biggest gust -32mph, so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Was very windy as the front moved through at 0630. Not quite so windy now but brightening up thankfully.

Posted

Gust of 55mph recorded as squall passed through. Followed by slightly quieter spell, but winds now picking up again.Might be a slight change in direction to a more westerly from SW. Temp has also dropped for 11C to 8.1 C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Not a single drop of rain here, sunny spells from the word go. Very odd! Recorded 48mph this morning, with 23mph wind speed.

Temp: 10.4°C - Hum: 71% - Dew: 5.4°C - Bar: 998.24hPa - Wind: WSW ~ WNW @ 17mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Fairly sunny now in Southampton - the rain as the squall passed through earlier was filthy! Just had the strongest gust so far - 38.9 mph. The previous strongest gust this year was 42.2mph on Feb 3rd.

Pressure now rising from a low of 995mb. Wind SW. Temp 9.3. Humidity 60% and falling.