Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms anything to annoy the Smurfs!

Dull and foggy all day. Max 11.5c. No sign of the sun. Glad some peeps have managed to feel the warmth. Brrr! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 minutes ago, knocker said:

An eminently forgettable day. Sky obscured or low stratus; periods of rain and drizzle and mist and fog; temp 11C

You've been unlucky down there, knocker. I equalled my February high - 15.9°C

Incidentally, that's higher than I recorded in March 2015, and 2016 as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just got back from London where it felt like early summer. The high temperature for here today was 15.7°C. 

Posted
3 hours ago, the storm fisherman said:

Nice and sunny this morning got up to 16.5c

and a small tree near to where I work is in full blossom 

Out in the garden @ the weekend and notice how everything is already bursting. The fruit bushes are really building their growth and full of buds. Somethings gotta catch this lot out. In prep, it is fair to say I've restocked all the bird feeders and added new 1/2 coconuts with seed for them in prep for next week:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday was a grotty day and I suspect today isn't going to be much better in the very moist ( in the lower layers) and  warm westerly airstream. Currently overcast with St, mist, temp 10C and wind gusting 30mph.

2017022100.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.cdd75ca27e2c1bde049012c62202239d.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted

Cloudy today, still mild though.

Temp: 12.4°C - Hum: 87% - Dew: 10.3°C - Bar: 1019.54hPa - Wind: W @ 9mph.

The new rain gauge bucket arrived. Nice and simple to install, and the debris screen locks in.

P2210098.thumb.JPG.567470c0d6e7790bb73af4a89dba8866.JPG

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Cloudy today, still mild though.

Temp: 12.4°C - Hum: 87% - Dew: 10.3°C - Bar: 1019.54hPa - Wind: W @ 9mph.

The new rain gauge bucket arrived. Nice and simple to install, and the debris screen locks in.

P2210098.thumb.JPG.567470c0d6e7790bb73af4a89dba8866.JPG

I trust you are checking the exposure with that tree in the background. How far away is it? :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

I trust you are checking the exposure with that tree in the background. How far away is it? :)

Yep. I zoomed in from about 15 metres away when I took that pic, so the yew bush looks closer to it than it really is.
I don't get any issues with objects affecting rain readings, only the wind from the SW if it is combined with rain. The wind funnels up next doors driveway and across the garden. That's why I bought that new rain gauge bucket, its supposed to alleviate rain errors in strong winds. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Back to cloudy today after seeing the sun a bit more over the last few days. Still mild although not as mild as yesterday and with a fresh breeze it feels a bit cooler than the temperature suggests. 11.3°C.  

Posted

Tomorrow looks interesting herabouts. MetO currently forecasting wind sppeds of 27/53mph, but no warning for CS England. Wouldnt be surprised if there's an upgrade. A sting jet I'm not excied about though. I lived in South London during the 1987 storm and I'll never forget it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well that's annoying 

IMG_6269.thumb.PNG.6d36d8a2a72fc1e3b4c681a557a8450f.PNG

Posted

Well, the forecast last night pointed to a grotty day for here, and that hasn't been the case. There has been some bright spells here and there, windy though.

Temp: 11.6°C - Hum: 90% - Dew: 10°C - Bar: 1011.55hPa - Wind: W ~ WSW @ 14mph, gusting to 29mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Almost identical weather to yesterday with a blustery wind and sprinkler-style rain. All feels very Novemberish and not like February at all. It's not often the most unsettled weather of the winter comes right at the end.