Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
21 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Checking this morning I see the area had a heavy fall of "What snow" overnight leaving an invisible covering of an inch or so. Best fail this winter.

Yes! I woke up to the same! And those glorious leaden skies!

I think that's it for the year here tbh. Looking forward to spring now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

We had a more impressive easterly in march/April 2013 even though it failed to deliver at least we had ice days and the ground froze. 

I find it hilarious they manage to call it bitterly cold on BBC when it clearly ins't for February. :closedeyes:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
9 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Yes! I woke up to the same! And those glorious leaden skies!

I think that's it for the year here tbh. Looking forward to spring now!

I wouldn't rule out colder weather returning in December, but it's a long shot admittedly. :crazy:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, all a bit grey and meh here with a bitingly cold wind; temp 0.4 but it feels a lot colder than that. I did wake up with hope this morning, pulled back the curtains only to find just green outside. It was a late night last night, up to Worcester for the evening (where it felt a lot warmer), it was snowing lightly here when we got back at about 2am, by the time I went to bed at 3.30am it was snowing quite well, proper big flakes, not the teeny ones we had all day. Sadly, it clearly died out fairly quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Dp 2.0c so rain will be the only type of precipitation we get here

Posted

Same here Stormyskies,but if the 3 falls had all stuck,there might have been enough to cover the grass ect,yesterday there was a cover on the roof for a while which looked pretty,we are all of 41 mtr ASL here,yet a 3 mile journey to the town and not a sign of anything.Wonder if anyone posts from Salisbury Plain area on here,might be a bit better up there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Pretty pants cold spell. Has only gone below zero once.

I will now refer to this spell as the Weasterly of Feb 2017!

Time to focus on the next cold spell I think. Something like 26th Feb 2004 would be nice.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Smowing in stroud - light but bigger flakes than before. Nice to see after drizzle 3 hours ago

Posted

Been snowing here for the last hour, actual flakes and very light with the occasional heavier burst but not settling and temp currently saying 2.3C.

Posted
3 hours ago, Nights King said:

We had a more impressive easterly in march/April 2013 even though it failed to deliver at least we had ice days and the ground froze. 

I find it hilarious they manage to call it bitterly cold on BBC when it clearly ins't for February. :closedeyes:

Today's not so bad, but yesterday really was bitter here. Despite the temperature not dipping below freezing, I had to wear joggers over my leggings to walk to the gym. I rarely do that even with the frosts we get here. I don't know what the wind chill was yesterday, but it really did feel well below zero. But, like you said it is February. Now if it was as cold as this in June, it might be a news story!

Posted

Late report, but we had light snow for a few hours yesterday morning. Was settling on some surfaces for a while (parts of cars, roofs, grass and the ground in a few places probably thanks to clear spells and frost the night before). However a nearby hill (East Hill) that reaches 247m had a much better small covering of around 1cm or so as it was around freezing.

IMG_1050.thumb.JPG.fdad7e6cc64bc616a07131322e59cc76.JPGIMG_1022.thumb.JPG.9dc556588c94e1ce8e87517ff105573a.JPGIMG_1053.thumb.JPG.691ab40b191ccb37008c2084772afd9b.JPG

Not especially amazing but nice to see and better than nothing.

Max was only 2.8C at home yesterday, today we've had surprise sunshine since 12pm which is better than the grey skies. Max so far 5.3C.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Well it was chilly willy's round here this morning with a stern easterly breeze. Then the sun came out and immediately felt warmer. Then the cloud returned and it's home with the log burner on. Currently 3.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

And back to drizzle! Not even snizzle like yesterday. Guess that's it then. Looking forward to some dry now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just a gentle reminder that we already have a football thread :whistling:

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Basically a repeat of yesterday here but without the few minutes of light snow and the temperature being a bit higher. Cloudy with a cold breeze. 3.8°C. 

Posted
31 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Basically a repeat of yesterday here but without the few minutes of light snow and the temperature being a bit higher. Cloudy with a cold breeze. 3.8°C. 

It's been one of those sh*te so called easterlies spells. Glad the break happens this week to move this clag, it's a no benefit cloud cover, let's get some weather in here..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Slate grey sky, a stiff breeze and temp of 1.4 with a 'feels like' temp of -1.5; hope my dogs are suitably grateful that I still took them out for a walk, despite the fire and ginger cake being far more appealing.

Posted
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Slate grey sky, a stiff breeze and temp of 1.4 with a 'feels like' temp of -1.5; hope my dogs are suitably grateful that I still took them out for a walk, despite the fire and ginger cake being far more appealing.

Oh that sounds so cruel, my frenchies don't like this cold stuff, the babe(only3months old) shivers when she goes outside. Seeking some warmer weather to take out  SOON!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh that sounds so cruel, my frenchies don't like this cold stuff, the babe(only3months old) shivers when she goes outside. Seeking some warmer weather to take out  SOON!

Oh don't worry, they've got warmer coats than mine - I'm not talking fur, double layer thermal ones with waterproof exterior. They're working strain spaniels and climb the walls if they're not taken out. The cocker though has hip dysplasia, the vet's advice when he was a pup was to see how he went and only replace if they caused him trouble. Touch wood, daily green lipped muscle supplements, not letting him run off lead for hours and keeping him warm and dry has so far paid off, he's 8 and there's no trace of arthritis which is what causes the pain with dysplasia.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
22 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

It's been one of those sh*te so called easterlies spells. Glad the break happens this week to move this clag, it's a no benefit cloud cover, let's get some weather in here..

Amen to that :good: