Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Snowed for a couple of hours in Exeter, though none of it settled.  Amusingly, though, I got rather more than the coastal parts of my old homeland in the North East.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Well 5 hours of snow falling and it goes on. Started to lay but from 10.30 ground Temps rose to high so it's all green out there now. A turn up for the books though this snow. So I'm happy.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Snow again, and interests turn to the east now, let's get that big blob over here!!

IMG_6055.thumb.PNG.76facf93aae28a89a7563c5a04d4d93a.PNG

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Snow again, and interests turn to the east now, let's get that big blob over here!!

Karlos, I've watching that one all morning, and running the last 2hours suggests we might well see that in a couple of hours, and could last into the darkness. But it could be a close call also as it has veered more SSW rather than WSW. Only time will tell. I think I'll go out that should provoke it enough to do something. Having seen the car covered in snow this morning, who knows maybe a second dose today. BUT, here's the bad news, as the first cloud has now gone through and the cloud base is lifting the sun is trying to come out and temps are rising @0.5C/hr, not what we wanted in prep for the next lot.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
16 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

well it does seem to be moving our direction just dew points bit to high here on the sunny costa del southcoast 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Another snow falling day. I suspect as I mentioned in my MOD thread post a couple of days back, the hills will get something that settles but sadly, the rest of us frustratingly have Dew Points the wrong side of zero. Added to that, wet surfaces, I do at least, here in Newbury. Tonight's event was recently downplayed as a wintry mix on a BBC forecast I saw earlier, but that could yet change in our favour, albeit it all turns to rain for most by tomorrow afternoon. A pretty disappointing spell of wintry possibilities in fairness when you consider Air Temperatures have not breached 2c since 21:30 hours on the 8th February at home. Something slightly milder as the new working week wears on. :friends:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, MR EXTREMES said:

well it does seem to be moving our direction just dew points bit to high here on the sunny costa del southcoast 

Predictive radar shows southern edge turning more to rain..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
26 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Well apparently we've got the mini ice age in 15 years time to look forward to yet thanks to the solar minimum. Bring it on! Next few years could get very interesting!

I'll be 50 then!! Oh god help me... I can't wait that long!!  Is 50 to old to go sledging?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A little "finger" of showers has passed over Exeter, giving graupel.

Posted

there is a wintry mix here on the sunny costa del southcoast some flakes of snow i do think convective snow could pep up later this evening and over night.

wishful thinking though but ive had egg on my face few times this winter so might aswell have enough egg for a giant pancake lol

• Like 1

Posted

1250.thumb.gif.63f2b6b2977e3cc63ca7d69c9de32c8e.gif im watching to see if the showers of the kent coast coming out of europe build into perhaps a meaningful amount just a cm would be something a little more exciting.

getpicture.thumb.jpg.4db3b924c3b247087f072a81f9df75eb.jpg and there is signs in this area that the darker grey being a little more intense although it could fizzle out but kent far east sussex maybe could see a little more in the way of wintry weather.

although again dew points will be a player in this outcome.

Edited by MR EXTREMES

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Snowed all morning here at Broadmayne. Sounds good doesn't it? until I tell you it was at a rate of about fifty flakes per minute.

Its amazing how things can sound good until the detail is revealed, reminds me of the spell back end of Feb 2005 when it snowed on 12 consecutive days at my location, (the most since 1963) except of course that it was all flurries that never settled.  amazing what statistics quoted out of context can suggest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Slightly heavier snow falling here now. Still quite light though. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Slightly heavier snow falling here now. Still quite light though. 

yes indeed its certainly trying a bit harder to produce something better bigger flakes now and then.

ok bit of a lame cold spell but at least ive seen something this year.

cant wait till next winter east qbo low solar activity we gotta come up trumps next winter surely and always outside chance that march might throw out a suprise or 2 

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm right under that big pink splodge on the radar, but it's definitely not snowing, or any other type of precipittion!

Meanwhile in Warminster it's been flurrying/snizzling all day and nothing on radar over here most of the time !

We often have drizzle that doesn't show up so today is the snow equivalent!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A little bit of brightness here, close to sunshine. I'll be glad when all of this clears off, it has been a horrible period of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well we have light snow falling pretty much constantly but a slow thaw has removed 90% of snow on ground now.

Lets hope we see something later as temperature falls from the barmy heights of 0.8c

National weather shows alot of shower activity over everyone after mid night tonight but will it fall as snow?

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
43 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Well we have light snow falling pretty much constantly but a slow thaw has removed 90% of snow on ground now.

Lets hope we see something later as temperature falls from the barmy heights of 0.8c

National weather shows alot of shower activity over everyone after mid night tonight but will it fall as snow?

Looking at the METO radar it looks like we won't get much? :cc_confused:. Roll on spring. I'm fed up of this now. I bet we have a wet summer to make up for the dry winter now though :girl_devil:

dry  here at the moment. Nothing falling..

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

So it stopped snowing at 1. Dry for an hour then heavy sleet for 30 minutes . So we must just be the wrong side of that blessed dew point. Dry now. Top temp here today was 1.7c. So coldest day of the winter for this locale.