Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Lightly snowing here in Reading 

• Like 2

Posted
57 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Sadly yes I had a job interview in trowbridge for 9am (far too early) window was frozen water droplets but three fully formed snowflakes rested there I didnt want to disturb them for fear of never seeing them again! :D

lol with snowfall like that you had better get the trusty snow shovel out :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Feels a bit different today. 3.2°C and cloudy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

1.8C. Overcast with snow flurries. Might go and let the mod thread know :rofl:

Consider yourself lucky, at least  you have snow flurries lol, wouldn't mind  seeing some flurries sure, it's certainly cold enough! 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Overcast, grey and miserable this morning, we now have some sunny spells but the wind is stronger and it's raw cold.  No precipitation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had a brief snow flurry about an hour ago at UWE.

Only 1.5C at home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nondescript day, dreadful weather.

Temp: 3.5°C - Hum: 83% - Dew: 0.9°C - Bar: 1024.35hPa - Wind: ENE @ 5mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

3.6c with a dewpoint of -0.2c, grey and miserable.

Reminds me of March 2013, that cold spell were the weather was like this for day's on end, while other parts of the country enjoyed loads of snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The snowfall is really packing in to our region now....I've counted 4 yes 4 snow grains in the past hour!  :80:

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Was a glorious sunny day until half hour ago. Temps got up to 5c, bracing wind but all good. Especially as at home with poorly child, didn't stop us getting out in the fresh air. Clouded in now temp dropping now down to 3.2c. Another sunny day here tomorrow then the gloom sets in over the weekend. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Plymouth a sweet spot for snow? Almost! Radar shows hail and sleet coming off the channel. Wonders will never cease, if it can creep up to here might see some of the snowy stuff.

Nap time over back to the day job!

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
7 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Was a glorious sunny day until half hour ago. Temps got up to 5c, bracing wind but all good. Especially as at home with poorly child, didn't stop us getting out in the fresh air. Clouded in now temp dropping now down to 3.2c. Another sunny day here tomorrow then the gloom sets in over the weekend. 

Along with the warmer temperatures...:80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Since I reached the grand old age of 30 I have started to notice my eyesight worsen slightly to a point I am going to need glasses however if someone could highlight the ppn on my radar image I would appreciate it as I cant see the echoes?

ppn.thumb.png.f793980ee7a41e4ea89cd8bb3c6b2a3a.png

:search:

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

New anemometer arrived. I have also bought a new 10' steel galvanized pole, which is 1.5" in diameter. I will put it up with 4' below the bracket, and 6' above, so that the center on gravity isn't as high up, meaning it will hardly flex in strong winds. The cranked aluminium aerial pole reverberates in the wind too much. I'm looking forward to putting that up on the chimney on Sunday, during 35mph gusts. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's been a grey, cloudy, chilly day here, temperature got up to the dizzying height of 2.6, now back down to 0.2 with a dew point of -3.6. Spent much of the morning virtually stationary, knelt on damp soil, planting out snowdrops, it has to be said it's not the best way of keeping warm. :cold:

Who reckons we'll see any snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
1 minute ago, jethro said:

It's been a grey, cloudy, chilly day here, temperature got up to the dizzying height of 2.6, now back down to 0.2 with a dew point of -3.6. Spent much of the morning virtually stationary, knelt on damp soil, planting out snowdrops, it has to be said it's not the best way of keeping warm. :cold:

Who reckons we'll see any snow?

Pretty confident you'll see something wintry fall from the skies over the next 48hrs.

Just don't expect anything longer than 5mins or anything heavier than a Homer Simpson drool.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hello Euro4 

IMG_5986.thumb.GIF.8cf8e8b4398df4e91596ccc1226010b6.GIFIMG_5987.thumb.GIF.538257278e3f67f0cb8f59abb2d4110e.GIF

Posted
3 hours ago, Smartie said:

Consider yourself lucky, at least  you have snow flurries lol, wouldn't mind  seeing some flurries sure, it's certainly cold enough! 

To be fair, it didn't even hit the ground!! I see the metO has a little snow icon on my forecast for tonight. Watch this space. Maybe

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

New anemometer arrived. I have also bought a new 10' steel galvanized pole, which is 1.5" in diameter. I will put it up with 4' below the bracket, and 6' above, so that the center on gravity isn't as high up, meaning it will hardly flex in strong winds. The cranked aluminium aerial pole reverberates in the wind too much. I'm looking forward to putting that up on the chimney on Sunday, during 35mph gusts. :D

I wouda offered to come give you a hand but I fall off ladders, so I could do the ground end holding of the ladder if that helps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just looked at METO forecast for here, they have us down as getting light snow both tomorrow and Saturday afternoons. We shall see. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Been snowing on and off all day here in Reading (very lightly) but it picked up a bit in the last 20mins. Peculiar as radar doesnt show much, quite a good sign as the more unstable air is predicted for tomorrow and Saturday....

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1