Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
5 minutes ago, jethro said:

We have the technology. We have the capability. We just need a bit of a whip round....if ever there was a need for a crowd fund.

http://www.snowbusiness.com/business-types/real-snow/

They are fab. Managed to go on a tour last year as they are based in Stroud in the summer and we had a snowball fight with 25oC temps soooo much fun

Posted

Mornin all, currently 2.6°C (36.7°F), Apparent temp 0.6°C. Some light patchy rain this morning at around 04:40 has kept the temperatures above 0C. 

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, chillier than I was expecting this morning, currently 0.8 but dipped down to just below freezing overnight to -0.1. We seem to have had more frosts this year than we have for quite a number of years, makes a nice change :)

Posted
8 hours ago, bellanite said:

They are fab. Managed to go on a tour last year as they are based in Stroud in the summer and we had a snowball fight with 25oC temps soooo much fun

Oooo, lucky you. I imagine they're quite expensive to hire but tremendous fun having snow in high summer. Oh to win the lottery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms anything to annoy the Smurfs!

Morning! Dull and overcast here with a temp of  5.5c. Looking forward to some colder days so that I have an excuse to put the wood burner on in the daytime, whilst saving on the central heating. LPG gas is expensive!

So far this winter has been good for frosts and sunny weather. But by now I would have expected to have been able to use my sledge in the Brecon Beacons at least once! We've always been able to, almost every year without fail.

I can't help feeling that by 2020, there will be a 'flip' to much colder winters. Watch this space... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies from the off, here. There's more cloud around now, but it is still sunny. A low of 0.6°C, hard ground frost.

Temp: 7.9°C - Hum: 77% - Dew: 4.2°C - Bar: 1026.99hPa - Wind: NW ~ N @ 6mph.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Beautiful sunny start, light ground frost, clouded over completely for about an hour from half nine and now a mixture of blue skies and variable cloud cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Afternoon all, still cant see this cold spell delivering anything other than a couple of chilly days in west country or am I reading it wrong? :search:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

You are probably right NK. I'm just trying to remain positive.. I'm down in the dumps at the moment in general and would love some snow to cheer me up. I hate this time of year when the weather seems to promise so much and then not deliver. Praying we get upgrades soon. :sorry:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

I had a frozen windscreen this morning, ice rather than frost. Then  it was clear blue skies until mid morning when we went cloudy and grey. Feeling raw out, guess this is just the start of the next few days at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
12 minutes ago, khodds said:

You are probably right NK. I'm just trying to remain positive.. I'm down in the dumps at the moment in general and would love some snow to cheer me up. I hate this time of year when the weather seems to promise so much and then not deliver. Praying we get upgrades soon. :sorry:

I know part of me longs for warm weather so I can just put myself out of this snow chase misery! :cray:Its always so hopeless for us in west country :80:

Counting down my last possible winter on mendips too although job depending I may end up one more winter yet just not sure. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Here's to hope for at least one snow day before you do move  :sorry:

Its all so blooming frustrating!!! 

I was telling you all off yesterday for venting your frustration but today I feel like throwing my toys out the pram!!! Roll on summer. BBQs, long hot evenings... lovely cool cider... the only thing I've got to look forward to is Glastonbury festival at the moment!! Oh.. and a holiday to France but Glastonbury first.. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, khodds said:

To be honest the embedded systems in place this winter have really steered the colder weather around us, and so it will continue. The sooner we move out of this into Spring the better, it's too far set now to do anything than small surprises, one or two days if we are lucky. Spring showers and summer thunderstorms now there's gorgeous for you. Let's not get low folks, this season is what it is, ignoring the MAD lot where acceptance of seasonal flows are "Stoopid". 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

A grey morning here, max tmp 5.6C. Wind has just recently veered round completely to the East, so things are set to change, albeit just for a few days.

Have to admit I'm completely bemused by the changes to the Model threads. Surely it would just have been easier to ban the troublemakers?

Hoping for a few rogue showers. Otherwise, yes, it was lovely to be out in the garden in warm sunshine last weekend...

Posted

Free to good home, one stinking, streaming cold. Extras thrown in for free include a nose to rival Rudolf, hacking cough and sore throat. Please take delivery ASAP.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, katemart said:

A grey morning here, max tmp 5.6C. Wind has just recently veered round completely to the East, so things are set to change, albeit just for a few days.

Have to admit I'm completely bemused by the changes to the Model threads. Surely it would just have been easier to ban the troublemakers?

Hoping for a few rogue showers. Otherwise, yes, it was lovely to be out in the garden in warm sunshine last weekend...

I don't think there are really any trouble makers, just different folk wanting different things. Personally speaking, when there's a teeny whiff of possible snow brewing I struggle/lose the will to live trying to catch up on the Mod thread after a day at work, pages and pages of one liners to trawl through to get even a vague idea of what's happening. I reckon the new slower, more in-depth thread is brilliant for folk like me, far quicker to catch up and a better overall view of what's happening without all the 'boomtastic' posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunnier earlier but clouded over around lunchtime and has stayed that way through the afternoon. Got up to 7.4°C earlier but it's dropping now. Currently 6.3°C. 

Posted

My birthday tomorrow,it will snow,it better lol....even flakes falling counts,ah how sad eh,years ago in Kent it was either cold or snowy,always had a party and as host was forced to give the mini skirted ladies a piggy back across the snow laden car park,now anything heavier than a chainsaw would put my back out lol......now then jtay,send some snow to me ok you are near enough to share.

Posted
47 minutes ago, jy said:

My birthday tomorrow,it will snow,it better lol....even flakes falling counts,ah how sad eh,years ago in Kent it was either cold or snowy,always had a party and as host was forced to give the mini skirted ladies a piggy back across the snow laden car park,now anything heavier than a chainsaw would put my back out lol......now then jtay,send some snow to me ok you are near enough to share.

Gladly jy... If I have to, I'll put it in a cool box and bring it down to you myself. Happy Birthday for tomorrow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Had a bit of rain not long ago giving 0.4mm. Nothing showing on the radar here but some of it was heavier than drizzle so would've thought it would show on there. Just in time for the dog walk. 

Edited by matt111