Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was a sunny start until the Cumulus bubbled up.

Temp: 9.2°C - Hum: 84% - Dew: 6.6°C - Bar: 1015.07hPa - Wind: W @ 6mph.

The only joke in that thread, is him. 

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Quite pleasant out in the sun this afternoon. Reached 11.1°C not long ago now 10.3°C. Might not see these temperatures again for a while. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's been a lovely day here (or rather at work, near Bristol) beautifully sunny, very mild, positively spring like. That is until about 2pm, clouded over, got blacker and blacker and then the sky threw pretty much all it had to offer; started with hail, turned to rain, then sleet, then snow, then back to rain, absolutely torrential for about an hour. Gave up and went home, just as wet here but it's blown over now and the sun's trying to come out again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
25 minutes ago, jethro said:

It's been a lovely day here (or rather at work, near Bristol) beautifully sunny, very mild, positively spring like. That is until about 2pm, clouded over, got blacker and blacker and then the sky threw pretty much all it had to offer; started with hail, turned to rain, then sleet, then snow, then back to rain, absolutely torrential for about an hour. Gave up and went home, just as wet here but it's blown over now and the sun's trying to come out again.

I thought I imagined the wet snow and sleet which is why i left it out but  perhaps i didn't :laugh:

Posted
28 minutes ago, jethro said:

A touch of evaporative cooling perchance? THe intense rainfall is now over Bradford on Avon. Couple of passing showers missed us here..

Posted
8 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

A touch of evaporative cooling perchance? THe intense rainfall is now over Bradford on Avon. Couple of passing showers missed us here..

I'm guessing it must have been, as soon as it turned a teeny bit lighter it turned back to rain. I was amazed at how heavy it was, imagine the very best of a summer thunderstorm.....it was as heavy as that. The sun's out now.

Just caught up with the mad thread.....it was all a bit 'cold blip' earlier, this latest run churning out seems to be promising more, especially for this area over the weekend. Still not counting chickens.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I thought I imagined the wet snow and sleet which is why i left it out but  perhaps i didn't :laugh:

I'm stone cold sober and at work, there was definitely snow in the mix.

Posted
4 minutes ago, jethro said:

...., this latest run churning out seems to be promising more, especially for this area over the weekend. Still not counting chickens.

So Steve Murr talks about seaweed and you folks in the country talk about counting chickens, no wonder the worlds gone mad and weather forecasting is a crazy art..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Anybody up for an all-nighter Friday night? :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

My stones are wet... It has been raining in the last hour. 6.1c. Humidity 86%rh.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

So Steve Murr talks about seaweed and you folks in the country talk about counting chickens, no wonder the worlds gone mad and weather forecasting is a crazy art..

Lol

Time to worry is when I call for help from the folk in Glastonbury, there's plenty there who swear they can forecast all sorts with these.....

s-l400.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, ARTDEMOLE said:

My stones are wet... It has been raining in the last hour. 6.1c. Humidity 86%rh.

Sounds like a trip to the docs for you. Try and keep them cool until you get there.

Posted

Going tomorrow.. Got High Blood Pressure......:D

Posted
3 minutes ago, katemart said:

Nooooo. Not when I've got an all-nighter already planned for Saturday, best mates birthday, could get messy. Don't want too much snow about, I've got to get to Worcester.

Posted

Hope the weather is does not  Worsen .....

Posted
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Nooooo. Not when I've got an all-nighter already planned for Saturday, best mates birthday, could get messy. Don't want too much snow about, I've got to get to Worcester.

As I said previously

And the part is where exactly, sssssh don't tell everybody.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, katemart said:

And welcome the grey skies in? 

I'd rather have the Pm/rPm back again, at least there's more chance of some sunshine. A depressing period of weather beckons!

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
14 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

As I said previously

And the part is where exactly, sssssh don't tell everybody.

Worcester ain't that big. We could just drive around until we see some naked people cavorting in woolly hats...

• Like 1

Posted

pic2.png.63a49bb3b17997ff328d24791342af86.pngpic2.png.63a49bb3b17997ff328d24791342af86.png

15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

And welcome the grey skies in? 

I'd rather have the Pm/rPm back again, at least there's more chance of some sunshine. A depressing period of weather beckons!

Ahh, g'wan, g'wan!

pic1.png

pic1.png

pic2.png

Edited by katemart
Resize images

Posted
1 minute ago, katemart said:

Worcester ain't that big. We could just drive around until we see some naked people cavorting in woolly hats...

Sorry guys, I've just heard Series one of G.O.T is on Sky Atlantic on Friday & Saturday night, I have to view to see what everybody is raving about. Lamppost watching is out (not that I had it planned anyway).

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Just made the double figures today 10.2°C at: 13:40.

Made it to 11.8°C here. The THSW index was just above 15°C, it certainly felt like it while I was sat outside with a cwoffee.