Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
10 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Up, down, Up, down,Up, down.... Sorry was describing the emotion in the MAD thread tonight...

May venture in. Not been there for few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 hours ago, khodds said:

Blimey - you are never in the country! I love Amsterdam. 

Well it is first time in 14 years ive had 2 months off work unemployed so I thought I would make the most of it while I can :laugh:

Two potential jobs lined up so wont have free time much longer.. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
19 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Well it is first time in 14 years ive had 2 months off work unemployed so I thought I would make the most of it while I can :laugh:

Two potential jobs lined up so wont have free time much longer.. :)

Sounds good - definitely make the most of it.

Glad you've got some jobs lined up, are they local? 

Posted
29 minutes ago, khodds said:

Sounds good - definitely make the most of it.

Glad you've got some jobs lined up, are they local? 

Clevedon way and Churchill for one or another in Trowbridge. All a bit of a drive but shall see how it pans out this week. :)

Lets pray for some snow first... :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Definitely - you can have some non guilty snow days... hopefully 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Evening all, been out of the weather watching loop recently.. although was vaguely aware last week of a sniff of a few flakes being tassled over in the MAD thread. Thought though it would be above freezing temps, and maybe a few light frosts some nights this week. Interestingly the gritters were out in force tonight about 730 - M3, A34, and Newbury B roads well gritted up. Temps though were still a good 4 degrees. Could be just coincidence and damn good local authority.. but having worked near the maintence section of a highway authority .. I wonder is there something I've not cottoned on to? What's going on tonight? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Up, down, Up, down,Up, down.... Sorry was describing the emotion in the MAD thread tonight...

Sounds like last night with my teething daughter. Those are the nights you wish there was a good session of lamppost watching going on!

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday was nice although turning cloudier until about 5-6pm when rain arrived which turned a bit sleety. Then in the evening I could see lightning flashes from a thunderstorm probably about 30 miles out to sea. Not bad for February.

Min -1.1C at midnight last night. Quite a cold cloudy feeling day today with a considerable northerly breeze, though some very late sunshine. Max 7.6C

Currently -0.9C.

Posted

Quite surprised that it's -0.7c out there. Guess the temperature will begin to rise in the next couple of hours with that rain coming in though.

The 18z has had a cheeky few at the pub tonight, let's hope it's not too hungover in the morning...

Night all. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's a chilly -1.6 tonight, and that's before any cold weather gets here :cold:

Posted

Got down to -2.3 last night. Currently-1.8. Nice crisp frost 

Posted

A low of -1.9 overnight. Everything's white and crispy, clear sky and a lovely sunrise this morning.

Posted

According to Facebook it is 8 years ago today that we woke to the deepest snow I've seen in the 20 years I've lived here. It carried on snowing for most of the day, giving us the best part of a foot of snow in the end. Oh happy days. Facebook also shared a pic of my hubby from the day too, I'll apologise now.....

2253_1091277715075_3357_n_Ink_LI.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Cold air looking likely now for the end of the week. Good news! We have a weak snow signal here for snow Thursday night early Friday morning. Probably just snow grains but you never know. But most of the SW region Friday is looking particularly bitter!  

• Like 1

Posted

Not seeing much in the way of snow just yet in the models just cold dry eastily setting in. Just hope some snow chances appear later on otherwise I'm really not seeing what all the excitement is about just yet. Might see some grains floating about for a tease that's about it for now. 

Posted

Colder than I expected this morning, certainly felt it waiting for the train. If I'm moaning now, hell wait for the end of the week.

May have to wear more winter clothes, which incidentally don't generally get their full usage.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Not seeing much in the way of snow just yet in the models just cold dry eastily setting in. Just hope some snow chances appear later on otherwise I'm really not seeing what all the excitement is about just yet. Might see some grains floating about for a tease that's about it for now. 

We shall see.. It is rare for us to see an easterly deliver but it is always possible once cold is here but then we could also just see two weeks of cold dry weather.

We need a channel low to come a knocking :)

• Like 3

Posted

Surprises will pop up, I'd put money on that. 

Ps I'm fairly certain I said scandi height rises mid February but probably earlier. God I'm amazing I think everyone should bow down at my feet forever and not question anything I say ever.. 

"removes tongue from cheek"

:rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Another morning scraping the car - only -1.7 on the thermometer but the ice was a particularly hard to clear variety...

The week ahead looks interesting. I've steered clear of mentioning the potential to anyone - almost don't want to jinx things (I know that the weather will be what it will be but it does sometimes feel like we can affect it!). I guess the key for us in the west is how much precipitation we can get. As ever that won't be clear until closer to the time, so looking at the charts for the weekend is a bit pointless.

I remember the spell from 8 years ago - seem to recall it snowing every day for 5 or 6 days and gradually accumulating  a decent amount. Bath Uni shut on the thurs and friday (at 8.00 on the thurs, and oddly later on the friday, even though there was more snow) so too sort of snow days too. I reckon there was around 8 inches on the campus by the friday.

Posted
45 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Surprises will pop up, I'd put money on that. 

Ps I'm fairly certain I said scandi height rises mid February but probably earlier. God I'm amazing I think everyone should bow down at my feet forever and not question anything I say ever.. 

"removes tongue from cheek"

:rofl:

Yes I think you did say that but you were #issed @ the time:drunk:so that doesn't count..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 3