Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
29 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Got goosbumps looking at the models think we're on the verge of something very special.

Are you talking about the storm tomorrow or something else? Sorry for sill question but trying to catch up on pages of comments and make head or tail of the MOD thread!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I'm not getting caught up in the hype.. I'll venture over there on Monday I think. :aggressive:

Posted
4 minutes ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Does anybody know what's happend to Knocker? I haven't seen him post in a while. 

His profile says he was on the site 5 hours ago, so hopefully nothing amiss. (Possibly the thought of impending cold has kept him away? :) )

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Is @karlos1983 looking at the 18Z?

Oh I'm watching :spiteful: :ninja: mid Feb mid Feb read all about it :clapping:

work has been a bit full on the last couple of weeks, so not paid too much attention to the models and been in the mod thread very little. 

Have I missed much :D

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A wind run of 340.4 miles yesterday, beating the previous record of 279.9 miles on Christmas day.

I've just bit the bullet and paid for a serial key for my timelapse software. It should be back to automatically uploading a timelapse to my site, just after midnight each day. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms anything to annoy the Smurfs!

Hi everyone from the 'sunny' Western side of the Cotswolds.

The cloud is starting to roll in with a slight pink tinge to it. Not looking forward to the rain and wind later this afternoon, but if there is a bit of sleet or snow mixed in later it should be interesting. Hopefully, next week will give us plenty to chat about. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Another wet and windy day to look forward too, looks like the weekend might not be a washout though.

Loving the lighter nights, really looking forward to Spring now.

Not buying in to the FI teases on the model thread, looks to be going the same way as previous fails this Winter.

Posted

Bright but with ominous looking cloud on the horizon. 5C. Still baffled by today's weather warning, when yesterday had no warnings and was much windier. Am guessing a 40mph gust might be predicted for Canary Wharf of something :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Drier this morning, for now.......

Happy Friday everyone

Posted

Lovely bright and sunny this morning.
8.2c, 996.6 hPa, 89% humidity
SSE at 10 mph with little gusting above 13mph.

Its been more light and drizzly rain here this week, Just last Sunday was heavy;
Sun 10.3mm
Mon 3.0mm
Tue 4.3mm
January 49mm
Wed 2.0mm
Thu 5.8mm

Calm before this storm at the moment, as they say.

Posted

It's nowhere near as windy as yesterday, and the MetO windspeed forecasts are way out for this location. It's barely gusting to 20mph. The confusion they bring with warnings is unprecedented! How can they expect folks to understand what is going on when their warnings don't correlate to any of their forecasts, and vice versa?

Temp: 8°C - Hum: 92% - Dew: 6.8°C - Rain: 4.2mm - Bar: 992.08hPa - Wind: SSE @ 12mph.

• Like 2

Posted

Noooooooooooo 

my wind gauge is broken!!!! :wallbash::wallbash:  

Posted
Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

It's nowhere near as windy as yesterday, and the MetO windspeed forecasts are way out for this location. It's barely gusting to 20mph. The confusion they bring with warnings is unprecedented! How can they expect folks to understand what is going on when their warnings don't correlate to any of their forecasts, and vice versa?

Temp: 8°C - Hum: 92% - Dew: 6.8°C - Rain: 4.2mm - Bar: 992.08hPa - Wind: SSE @ 12mph.

The trouble is they're bedevilled if they do warn us and bedevilled when they don't. In the current setup it's the track of the depression over the top of SW England and not to the NW which has spared us of the wind. It was always a tricky one to call which the Met have well emphasised in recent days. You are right though of course and winds are nowhere near as bad as yesterday when we were directly on the windward side of a depression out to our West.

i do expect a short squally band of rains to swing East across our area later as winds switch to the West or NW accompanied by a sharp drop in temperature. I notice this has already occurred in the Scilly Isles and West Cornwall.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk 

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
30 minutes ago, Gibby said:

The trouble is they're bedevilled if they do warn us and bedevilled when they don't. In the current setup it's the track of the depression over the top of SW England and not to the NW which has spared us of the wind. It was always a tricky one to call which the Met have well emphasised in recent days. You are right though of course and winds are nowhere near as bad as yesterday when we were directly on the windward side of a depression out to our West.

i do expect a short squally band of rains to swing East across our area later as winds switch to the West or NW accompanied by a sharp drop in temperature. I notice this has already occurred in the Scilly Isles and West Cornwall.

Certainly has,turned really cold:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms anything to annoy the Smurfs!

I thought that the strongest winds were this afternoon and evening. Supposed to get a bit of snow in my area on the back edge of the rain. It certainly won't settle. But very chilly feel that's for sure tonight!

Posted
1 hour ago, Gibby said:

The problem is, the put out a yellow warning 4 days before it occurred, with the notion that they were uncertain. That was a stupid thing to do! You only need to look at the current obs to see that the winds aren't as strong as yesterday, even down on the Cornwall and Devon coasts. There were no warnings for that. Now they are putting out tweets showing 50 to 60mph gusts along the South coast, their forecasts are not matching the current obs. Sandbanks for example, fairly exposed - stations down there are reporting no more than 30mph. A lot of high-res models (majority) show the strongest winds this evening along the coast, the MetO show the winds to be dying down in their forecasts..
I hate knocking the MetO, as they are usually pretty good when it comes to wind events, but just recently, they have become blunderous!

• Like 1