Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning all. grey damp and miserable here.

I see the MAD thread is in full swing!! im of the thinking if it looks to good to be true it probably is, i think they will get watered down the closer they get.

fromey

• Like 3

Posted
50 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

My local forecast is now predicting a more reasonable zero percen chance of snow after yesterday's heady 95% :wallbash:

So zero to 95, that opens up all sorts of opportunities then...not

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Little bit of blue sky appearing, most welcome after the dank grey and wet weather of the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I the models are playing with us again, deffo been burnt to many times to be sucked in again.

In the meantime, some stormy weather on the way for us folk over the next few day's....... roll on Spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning,

It seems a while since we have had a good storm so this weekend is looking like its going to make up for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

4mm of rain during the small hours. I've bought an extension coupler kit for my solar sensor, going to try and reposition it today, somewhere that gets a longer duration of light.

Temp: 10.4°C - Hum: 95% - Dew: 9.6°C - Bar: 1005.89hPa - Wind: S @ 7mph.

Posted

Although I'm not getting to excited about the models just yet and I'm sure it will definitely get watered down but I do feel there is more probabilities that this time time it could be right due to the jet stream position diving south and how weak it is accross to the east. This I feel will help the height rises as I said a few days ago. I'm not normally one to get excited about a model output 10 days away but this one's got me interested due to other factors already in place and developing. Let's see what's on offer when it's 5 days out then take the average shown. Interesting times!

Edited by Rapodo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I hate this weather. It's so depressing  :sorry:

You can actually hear the water running through the lawn, I was in the garden earlier and it's like a bog. Clay soil. It sounds like a stream when you get close up!! I probably sound like a mad woman :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very October/Novemberish out there at the moment - not cold at all, and quite warm in the intermittent sunshine. For the first time in a while I could hear the rain on the roof briefly last night. Reminded me of the 20th/21st November.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Been a cloudy day here but the sun did briefly break through earlier. Now the fogs back. 8.7°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Have taking a rest from all things weather for a few days. Popped into the MAD thread looking for some amusement, wasn't let down! Yes the models look good for cold and yes again they are all 7-10 days away! Will they never learn.

Meanwhile in the real world some windy (well here anyway) weather coming up on Friday!!

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

I thought we had already determined that ages ago...:hi:

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

A quick question....this incoming storm....any idea how windy it's supposed to be around here? Am I likely to be replacing fence panels AGAIN?

Posted
35 minutes ago, jethro said:

A quick question....this incoming storm....any idea how windy it's supposed to be around here? Am I likely to be replacing fence panels AGAIN?

Well if you read the Chief Forecasters update of:

However there is, if anything, a stronger signal, that the worst of the winds will pass south of the UK.

The answer to your question is NO..(or to avoid legal retribution) Less likely than the Met Office computer thinks in this case :cc_confused: 

• Like 1

Posted

Solar sensor repositioned! Although, I will put it up higher when I get a bigger post. Lots of splicing cables and joining to the extension cable, lots of silicone everywhere too. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Well if you read the Chief Forecasters update of:

However there is, if anything, a stronger signal, that the worst of the winds will pass south of the UK.

The answer to your question is NO..(or to avoid legal retribution) Less likely than the Met Office computer thinks in this case :cc_confused: 

Thank you! That's a relief, sick of replacing the damn things - down side of living on top of a big hill.

Posted

My weather software has updated the zambretti forecast on my front page. I never expected it to ever show the forecast icon that i chose to represent it. LaieA_066.gif

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Leaving here in grey conditions around 9 this morning, we drove through low cloud/fog as we headed SW to Beaminster and Bridport, but at West Bay it was relatively clear out to sea, but cloud sitting on the cliff tops.  Driving the coast road to Abbotsbury was very foggy, but drop down Abbotsbury hill and lo and behold it was sunny!  Walking along the coast path at A it was pleasantly warm in the sun and with less breeze.

P1020268 (800x458).jpg

P1020281 (800x454).jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
3 hours ago, Lyn-M said:

Leaving here in grey conditions around 9 this morning, we drove through low cloud/fog as we headed SW to Beaminster and Bridport, but at West Bay it was relatively clear out to sea, but cloud sitting on the cliff tops.  Driving the coast road to Abbotsbury was very foggy, but drop down Abbotsbury hill and lo and behold it was sunny!  Walking along the coast path at A it was pleasantly warm in the sun and with less breeze.

P1020268 (800x458).jpg

P1020281 (800x454).jpg

Used to get a lot of that when I was living in worth Matravers. In the summer it would be foggy breezy and cool at 15c where as down the road in swanage it would be clear sunny and warm at 20c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Yes it's windier in Swindon today than is has been for quite a while now. It was a weird feeling!

I note the met office are mulling over the naming of Friday's storm (as per Helen Willets comment after the 10pm news)