Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I like the sound of this Rapodo 

its been absolutely baltic here today. Coldest day yet I think. Shame the rain is going to spoil this period of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The wind really made it feel cold earlier even when the sun came out. Got up to 3.8°C here which seems to be higher than a lot of other areas nearby. Currently keeps hovering between 2.7°C and 3.0°C. Not really looking forward to the rain and mild weather coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Can folks do me a favour?

https://warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/ewn/forecast.php

Go there, click 'Locate me' - It will use your IP address to try and obtain your location. I think on tablets and mobile phones, your location will be stored by GPS, so it should pick up your location correctly. If you're on a PC/Laptop, IP location isn't all that good, so it may locate you to where your internet service providers data centre is.

I've installed SSL on to my new hosting, so it should work. Thank you please!  LaieA_039.gif

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Can folks do me a favour?

https://warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/ewn/forecast.php

Go there, click 'Locate me' - It will use your IP address to try and obtain your location. I think on tablets and mobile phones, your location will be stored by GPS, so it should pick up your location correctly. If you're on a PC/Laptop, IP location isn't all that good, so it may locate you to where your internet service providers data centre is.

I've installed SSL on to my new hosting, so it should work. Thank you please!  LaieA_039.gif

Came up with the right place for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Doesn't work for me.. I'm on my phone

IMG_0296.PNG

Edited by khodds

Posted

I can't help with an iPhone i'm afraid. It works on my Android phone and Tab. :(

17 minutes ago, khodds said:

Doesn't work for me.. I'm on my phone

IMG_0296.PNG

Milder air creeping in now, up to 5.2°C

• Like 1

Posted

Works on mine. Apart from calling it Milton instead of New Milton but other sites do that as well. 

IMG_0055.PNG

• Like 1

Posted

Works for me Mapantz, although not sure about the 0C mins every day after Saturday and sleet showers lol

A very cold feeling day, min 1.9C but it didn't get above 2.6C until after 3pm. Grey and breezy.

Clearer when I came out of work and the temperature has been rising since 3pm, was forecast to only reach 5/6C but has reached 7.7C. A lot warmer than just slightly to the east and NE, and a bit warmer than parts of Devon to my SW. Quite windy too.

3 hours ago, MP-R said:

Totally agree. There will however always be some puddle-paddling idiots who enjoy rain during the day when everyone else could do without it.

How about some welcome winter sun. Winter sun never harmed anyone - can't get enough of the sun. Tbh I'd rather either a continuation of frosty sunny days, or if we have to get southwesterlies, let's get a really anticyclonic one with balmy sunshine. The thought of just grey day after grey day is just depressing.

Also rather annoying that we have this wonderful snow-preparation today with bitter wind and low dewpoints yet the precipitation will arrive just after the wind changes direction grr!

Lol if one can't enjoy a weather type much of the population could do without, we can't enjoy snow then :wink: 

I just don't want a return of the dull nothing weather that plagued much of December, would rather a more active period to that. I guess improving the reservoir & aquifer levels so there's little drought worries when the good Spring and Summer arrives (well that's the plan lol) wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'd prefer sunny frosty weather to continue (or snow), but looks like we're out of luck.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
35 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Lol if one can't enjoy a weather type much of the population could do without, we can't enjoy snow then :wink: 

I just don't want a return of the dull nothing weather that plagued much of December, would rather a more active period to that. I guess improving the reservoir & aquifer levels so there's little drought worries when the good Spring and Summer arrives (well that's the plan lol) wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'd prefer sunny frosty weather to continue (or snow), but looks like we're out of luck.

To a point... but snow is more enjoyable than rain. Despite the fact parts of this country can't seem to cope with it, it's really not that difficult to function normally in snow. If people are worried about getting places... just stay at home lol.

Indeed, I just want a sunny airmass. Pm will also do fine if the jet can get south quick enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, a grey nothingess kind of morning here, overnight low of -0.8c, currently -0.2. Really windy overnight but thankfully that seems to have blown through and calmed down now.

Posted
2 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

Grey morning here too. Interesting that Benson's overnight temperatures hover around freezing. I'm a couple of miles away and mine's showing -1.4 after an overnight low of -3.1

There have been some very localised colder spots this week. For example this morning I left Trowbridge at 09.00 to drive home and coming through Westbury came across a very frosty area which would have been about a mile square, either side of that area there was no sign of anything white.

• Like 1

Posted

Frosty bits and pieces around Winchester. The Mystic Meg thread looks very sad now - like a hospital ward being closed down while the last few patients sit by their beds, waiting to go home, and a few nurses come in every now and then to collect archive boxes.

• Like 1

Posted

A morning low of 3.4°C. Some sunshine today, but mainly cloudy now.

Temp: 7.2°C - Hum: 84% - Dew: 4.6°C - Bar: 1007.48hPa - Wind: SSE ~ ESE @ 11mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

And just when the conditions are no longer favorable for snow......it precipitates.....marvelous :wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted

Really dull here now and starting to rain. First proper rainfall we've had for a while. 6.7°C. The mild dross has arrived :bad:.

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Pleasant sunshine until lunchtime, now its gone all grey with temps on the up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
56 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

And just when the conditions are no longer favorable for snow......it precipitates.....marvelous :wallbash:

Can we declare that a 5th failed winter over yet? :lazy:

At least Africa got some decent snow this year :ninja:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Can we declare that a 5th failed winter over yet? :lazy:

At least Africa got some decent snow this year :ninja:

I'm looking forward to summer now, for me winter is over.

on to winter 2017/18

fromey 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Friday night and no beer..... :help:

out tomorrow night though and fully intend to make up for it. :spiteful: 

Horrid weather, whys it always the mans job to go and do stuff outside when it's raining....

• Like 1