Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

-0.7c here now. Very very foggy! I'd say it's worse than yesterday. 

I don't remember a more foggy period of weather. I hate fog, it's completely pointless and just makes my commute flipping painful. 

Enjoying the frosts though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

-1.5 °C here. Would you believe it? It's foggy.

A few sub-records broken today. Lowest max gust speed, 4mph. Smallest humidity range, 1%. Lowest wind run, 2.6 miles.

Edited by Mapantz
Added extras
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The fogs returned here. -1.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperature was -1.4c with all surfaces white however fog has just moved in for the first time and temperature has started to rise. -0.1c

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I can't remember a winter like this one at all... it's so weird  :fool:. A good weird though.... the rain can keep away. It's been cold for over two weeks now hasn't it? And frosty on and off for at least one - that's been unheard of it recent winters. 

Currently 0.6c and no fog here at the moment. 

Posted

-3.5C got to -3.8c, wouldn't rule out another dip before the dark fog becomes bright fog, I mean day break.,,,,

• Like 1

Posted

How about this for a temperature difference? Here's it's -4.8C, but about 2.5 miles away in Sidmouth it's +7.3C as milder air has arrived off the sea. No doubt a very strong inversion above me and it's +5.3C on the ridge 2.5 miles to my west at 155m asl. I notice fields on the hill to the south appear to not have frost above a certain level.

Might get a sudden temperature rise this morning when the southerly breeze displaces the cold air in the valley (currently just going over the top).

We had fog yesterday (just below freezing at first but lanes in the village seemed wet not icy) which did break up around late morning before coming back by 4:30pm. It cleared again at some point last night and now there's none apart from a few thin layers/patches above valley level (possibly to do with the inversion boundary).

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, it got a bit murky here last night but not full on fog like some of you have had/got. Must have cleared through the night as woken to clear skies and a frost again this morning; overnight low of -1c, temperature hasn't started rising yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

-3.9C currently under gin clear skies and calm conditions. Probably the last frost of this type for a while as cloud and a cold wind is likely to displace this weather type by tonight. Rain likely by the weekend too, now that's something a bit different.

IMG_1296.JPG

Posted

Fog GO AWAY!!! 3 hours to do 70 miles this morning :wallbash:

Posted
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Fog GO AWAY!!! 3 hours to do 70 miles this morning :wallbash:

Ouch not good, heard htere were some icy patches around too. Time for a change, some breeze pleeze...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hello everyone ,

Following on from my last post of the extremely localised snow /snizzle phenomena, here is a video  (  apologies in advance for my poor presentation and commentary as I'm not a professional ) 

Just want you to see the extreme localised event .  All within the space of 100 metres. 

IMG_5660.MOV

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, offerman said:

Good morning everyone .

Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,

I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have my permission should you want to use this for this evening's points West broadcast .  

Whilst doing the school run this morning I noticed there was a lot of black ice on the roads.

Treacherous   Conditions out there this morning .

I have been fortunate enough to witness and photograph and amazing double rainbow Sundog .( My terminology is probably incorrect )

The second phenomena is that it was snowing and had been all night in such a small area a small village called old Ford near Frome.

I have taken some photos of all of this and I hope you enjoy  much as I did when witnessing these occurrences. 

My terminology is probably incorrect again and it seems  quite similar to a snits all photo that Ian showed from me on points west a few years ago .  That occasion it seemed to snow for a couple of days leaving it quite deep and on today's event it looked like it had been snowing all night as was a good covering .

On my return journey from the school run I did a video with my phone attached to the steering wheel  to show just how local this snowfall was .  It was still snowing on my way back which I think can be seen during footage . 

Anyway ,  enough rambling on from me .   I will now post the photos and hopefully the footage will fit too. 

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5657.JPG

Circumzeinithal arcs I think they call that don't they ? A damn good catch, well done. As to the snow consider yourseld one f the few in this forum lucky enough to have seen snow in the winter of 2016/17. (Apart from Karlos, who saw it deep in the bottle of his lager bottle the other night!)

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of -3.7°C and still foggy. I wonder how low it could have been under clear skies? That's 60 hours of continuous fog now..

Temp: -0.9°C - Hum: 98% - Dew: -1.2°C - Bar: 1028.11hPa - Wind: Calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Super photos offerman! Looks lovely. If only it was setting the scene for a proper upcoming snow event.

Another frosty morning here (for a change) and lovely sunshine to go with it. I'm not ready for anything from the Atlantic yet. That can come in spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, offerman said:

Good morning everyone .

Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,

I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have my permission should you want to use this for this evening's points West broadcast .  

Whilst doing the school run this morning I noticed there was a lot of black ice on the roads.

Treacherous   Conditions out there this morning .

I have been fortunate enough to witness and photograph and amazing double rainbow Sundog .( My terminology is probably incorrect )

The second phenomena is that it was snowing and had been all night in such a small area a small village called old Ford near Frome.

I have taken some photos of all of this and I hope you enjoy  much as I did when witnessing these occurrences. 

My terminology is probably incorrect again and it seems  quite similar to a snits all photo that Ian showed from me on points west a few years ago .  That occasion it seemed to snow for a couple of days leaving it quite deep and on today's event it looked like it had been snowing all night as was a good covering .

On my return journey from the school run I did a video with my phone attached to the steering wheel  to show just how local this snowfall was .  It was still snowing on my way back which I think can be seen during footage . 

Anyway ,  enough rambling on from me .   I will now post the photos and hopefully the footage will fit too. 

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

Can't believe I missed this, I live next to the rugby club which is spitting distance from old ford, I did see early this morning Cristals falling but didn't think much of it

Posted
42 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Offerman ; that snow would almost certainly have been caused by crystallised freezing fog. It is very rare!

Kinda like this morning ( and earlier this week) when looking outside I could see "Diamond dust" falling and picked up by my garden spotlight.

Sun is really trying it's best now to burn this fog off.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Foggy but bright sun shining through. 1.9c.