Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I was supposed to leave for work in Chichester at 6:30,  but decided against it and went back to bed for an hour in the hope the fog lifted, but it's still here.. oh well here goes. Be safe all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, a clear morning here, no frost and thankfully no fog. Overnight low of -0.6, currently 1.2. Lovely sunrise glowing through the clouds.

Posted

Amazing black ice here in Wimborne this morning. Only way I could get up my driveway to put bins out was to drag myself up by the fence and even then nearly gave up. Coming back was a 20m slide back to the house lol. 

Paul.

• Like 2

Posted

Local bus company issued this 30mins ago...

"Due to the presence of black ice and freezing fog across the network, some services may be delayed/cancelled this morning. "

A35 between Chideock & Bridport badly affected by ice..

"Fog and low visibility affecting flights to and from Southampton Airport throughout Monday morning. Check the status of flights with the airline. Expect delays to flights and cancellations of some short haul and domestic UK flights. "

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Spared of all the trouble that you guys have in Hampshire and Dorset. It's been pretty cloudy most of the night and though temperature did fall to -2C briefly last evening they recovered to be around 0C for rest of the night as cloud formed. Having cloud meant we escaped fog too but of course no sun this morning. Just very hazy gloom. I see the anticipated change to mild Atlantic weather is put back yet again this morning. Could really do with some rain and wind to wash or blow all this clag away.

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

Posted

No option but to travel at 6am to Salisbury station to help a friend,having been tailgated,hooted at,lights flashed at me in fog with vis of about 25 yards,dropped friend off.Dont know the area,get lost in the fog,end up in the city centre car park.I turn off the engine,turn off the lights and take a minute to calm myself.set off but in all the confusion don't turn lights back on,black van man decides I need chinning,but after telling me off in agricultural language,decides an indecent gesture by his private parts will suffice.Now on roads I know into the village and back end skids on black ice,no damage but a lovely way to finish lol so is that it then...no...got to do it all again tonight to pick her up with ice and fog meant to form again.Its hobsons choice,shes been to Lincs for a funeral so must be done.

• Like 2

Posted

Blimey, -5.2C min this morning which is 1.1C colder than the previous lowest in this colder spell. It reached 9.4C yesterday and was 6.4C at 6am so not a cold day. Seems despite the colder clear days and dry air last week, conditions weren't quite so conductive for the temperature falling as far at night.

Clear here, though Exeter AP reports freezing fog. Looks lovely outside. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Morning.

Current obs:

Screenshot_20170123-085208.png

When I viewed your webcam this morning I thought it was snowing lol major disappointment when I opened the curtains 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, jy said:

No option but to travel at 6am to Salisbury station to help a friend,having been tailgated,hooted at,lights flashed at me in fog with vis of about 25 yards,dropped friend off.Dont know the area,get lost in the fog,end up in the city centre car park.I turn off the engine,turn off the lights and take a minute to calm myself.set off but in all the confusion don't turn lights back on,black van man decides I need chinning,but after telling me off in agricultural language,decides an indecent gesture by his private parts will suffice.Now on roads I know into the village and back end skids on black ice,no damage but a lovely way to finish lol so is that it then...no...got to do it all again tonight to pick her up with ice and fog meant to form again.Its hobsons choice,shes been to Lincs for a funeral so must be done.

Hope you're ok John! By contrast it's simply cloudy and frosty in Trowbridge which is a relief as I wouldn't have wanted to work in those conditions!

Posted

Hi Andy,im fine but people are nutters,they just think you can drive at 60 mph in dense fog and black ice,glad ive taken the day off gardening to help my friend,hope you ok and keeping Westbury FC  under control lol...I still have a good old look around the non league,both round here and in London and Kent,amazing how the fortunes of clubs,both good and bad can change so dramatically in 25 years.

Posted

Stunning morning here this morning. I haven't got a weather station (Santa didn't come this year :sorry:) but the car is still at -3C. The thickest frost I think we've had so far this winter. Glorious sunshine now. if we can't have snow, I'll take this any day over rain and drizzle.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jy said:

Sad indictment of the idiots we allow on the roads these days, got no brains just proud of their B@lls..

• Like 1

Posted

Currently 2.1 C after overnight low of -6.1C. Came through some dense patches of fog on the M4 last night, but we haven't been too badly affected. Bit of cloud around this morning.Was hoping this was the start of 'The Great Warm Up' TM but the forecast suggests otherwise

Posted
3 hours ago, jy said:

Why some people are allowed on the roads beggars belief. Had a similar experience over the weekend. Hope you're not too shaken up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Haven't seen fog stay around like this for a while. Thick fog all day and as a result it's only 0.7°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm hoping the rise in temperature doesn't get too  high, as I want to break my lowest maximum again, which is at 2.8°C

It's still mighty foggy, and you could look at the sun too- just like the moon.

1.1°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Fog lifted here shortly after 09.00, sun's been out ever since and consequently the current temperature is +6.5°C.  In the sun and out of the light breeze, it feels positively balmy. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Up to 2.3°C here and still very foggy. 

Posted

Similar here,  2.5°C (36.5°F), Apparent temp 1.2°C and it looks like the fog is thickening again now. (Not that it ever lifted, just thinned a tad!)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp maxed out (hopefully) at 1.4°C, dropping again now. Currently 1.2°C
The fog didn't lift at all! 

Posted

Maxed out at 2.7c average of -0.1c today so far. Now back down to 1.5c.

not pleasant driving in this though, looks like a repeat for sure tomorrow. The fog is still really dense here, so god only knows what visibility will be at 6:30am tomorrow. About 30-50cm I reckon 

thursday looks like a very raw day in the wind. Look forward to that

Posted

Fogs getting thicker here now. Temperatures dropped quite a bit now so maxed out at 2.3°C. Currently 1.6°C. 

IMG_0049.JPG