Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Looks like there is a bit of freezing rain about tonight judging by radar!

Would make sense, as the uppers are quite warm, but the surface temps in some area's are below freezing. Perfect for freezing rain unfortunately, and on reading the warning for the east it does sound like ice will be more prominent than snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

5.2c DP 5.0c

wind now from the sw and yes it's raining ever so slightly.

Posted

5.9c, wet, dull and frankly vile! It seems this front may hang around for the next 36 odd hours with rain on and off, great!!!! Would rather it move through to the East and introduce some mobility or preferably shift back West allowing continental air to arrive!

Actually having just viewed the fax charts the same front is STILL lingering at 12.00 Thursday!! Surely it will lose precipitation in the apparent HIGH pressure by Tuesday though?

Edited by Andy Bown
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Morning peeps     4.7C and light rain......Yuk!!

Posted
On 12/01/2017 at 19:45, isleofwightsnowgal said:

What a ridiculous thing to say!! Surely you're joking??!! :nonono: 

Happy to be proved wrong but having looked at the models I  see nothing to change my mind.  In fact the other day the car in shadow was frozen but the rear was in the sun and steaming. It always surprises me to see the sheer power even at this time of the year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

5.9c, wet, dull and frankly vile! It seems this front may hang around for the next 36 odd hours with rain on and off, great!!!! Would rather it move through to the East and introduce some mobility or preferably shift back West allowing continental air to arrive!

Actually having just viewed the fax charts the same front is STILL lingering at 12.00 Thursday!! Surely it will lose precipitation in the apparent HIGH pressure by Tuesday though?

Just think of the snow potential if it were cold enough!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
24 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Just think of the snow potential if it were cold enough!

It's probably best not to, :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all (well just, but it was a late night) it's dry here, 8.1c and feeling positively spring like. Partially cloudy at the moment but banks of cloud rolling in to threaten the blue bits of sky, best take the dogs out sooner rather than later.

Haven't been near the mad thread - any glimmers of hope to cling onto?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Not quite as bad as the forecast suggested, very little rain and now its fairly bright, with patches of blue sky.

Temp: 9.2°C - Hum: 89% - Dew: 7.5°C - Bar: 1023.30hPa - Wind: WNW @ 8mph.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Almost 10C here with the sun breaking through at times. Almost an air of spring in the air.

IMG_1227.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Nice to see the sun. For a while.... 8.8c. Humidity 86%rh.

Posted

Beautiful sunny skies here in south somerset no rain at all today the models certainly got it wrong today and the rainfall is much further east. Who knows what this week brings as the battle against mild west and European cold goes on. 

Edited by shane303

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Didn't see the sun here, stayed cloudy all day with light rain on and off giving 2.0mm.  The temperature reached 9.3°C which isn't much different to the max temps during the supposed cold snap we've just had. Currently 8.8°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
2 hours ago, shane303 said:

Who knows what this week brings as the battle against mild west and European cold goes on. 

You're right, not a lot folks do, and those that profess the do are pulling the wool over everybody's eyes. The models are all over the place and given their past record not even worth viewing unless we are talking less than 144hrs.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, jethro said:

Haven't been near the mad thread - any glimmers of hope to cling onto?

Not unless you believe anybody that seeks the unlikely @ 240 hours out. Amazes me why people constantly post 240+hours, and suggest it's a great model. Get real people, in a chaos environment 240 hours is 10 lifetimes..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
33 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Not unless you believe anybody that seeks the unlikely @ 240 hours out. Amazes me why people constantly post 240+hours, and suggest it's a great model. Get real people, in a chaos environment 240 hours is 10 lifetimes..

Indeed. I get the idea of looking to see potential, after all models are really just playing with potential outcomes from particular starting points, what gets me is the teeth gnashing and slating of models when the preferred outcome fails to materialise in 14 days time.

It turned out to be an ok day here, largely overcast but no rain and feeling mild out of the wind.

Posted

Slow progress of sorts has been made,couple of nights ago by torchlight first snowflake has been seen in the dark,tick....dusting [just] on grass [partial tick]....all gone immediately after sunrise[tick] ...so outstanding item first daylight snowflake in 3 years to be seen.Just reading this proves to me how desperate things are and how I probably need to be assessed by the doctor lol

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, jy said:

Just reading this proves to me how desperate things are and how I probably need to be assessed by the doctor lol

tick

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

The pessimist in me says this will be another failed winter, but it feels like something is brewing.  There is "considerable uncertainty" from the MetO in the medium to long range, plus talks of SSW.  If we're scraping the barrel of positivity.... nobody has a clue what will happen in the last week of Jan and beyond. 

I think February will deliver the goods..

SnowSheffield1dec10.jpg

• Like 4