Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Weather warning out for ICY Conditions overnight.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
19 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Another chance of snow through tonight, hit and miss of course in the form of showers could leave a cm or two for the lucky ones.

I hate relying on showers, some managed to make it across from Wales but they passed to the north and south of my location. Still at least I was right and NK was wrong about having no chance of those showers making it across wales last night :p

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Wind 10.3 mph NW. Barometer 1011.0 mb, Rising slowly. Temperature 5.0 °C. Rain today 0.0mm. Humidity 74%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
56 minutes ago, Smartie said:

I hate relying on showers, some managed to make it across from Wales but they passed to the north and south of my location. Still at least I was right and NK was wrong about having no chance of those showers making it across wales last night :p

haha Fair play but you understood my point?

Its so rare for anything to make it past killing yourself all night waiting is just daft.

Not sure we will see much next 24 hours. Wind is melting away the little dusting I had from yesterday now but was nice to see briefly. :D

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well my last day here now as holiday starts saturday and oh my dear lord it looks like my bad luck has finaly ended!

2 metres on fresh snow forecast for resort over next 7 days! :yahoo::shok:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski;resort=S2648~Borovets;sess=#forecast

I don't ever take selfies but I may take one this time for you all to see me in bliss :D

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Somerseangel delightcher said:

Hi all, Pleased a few of you have seen some snow...its about time! but I cant help feeling I'm missing something here after waking up to 3.7 degrees....(5.4 now) ....that just doesnt seem particularly cold to me :cc_confused:

I posted my thoughts early this week that it wouldn't be as cold as in the surface cold high pressure spells of late November/early December and last week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
12 minutes ago, Nights King said:

haha Fair play but you understood my point?

Its so rare for anything to make it past killing yourself all night waiting is just daft.

Not sure we will see much next 24 hours. Wind is melting away the little dusting I had from yesterday now but was nice to see briefly. :D

Oh yes I know it's rare but possible hence why I never dismissed the chance of showers making it although the weather gods thought they'd take the micky and send them either side of my location :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
8 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I posted my thoughts early this week that it wouldn't be as cold as in the surface cold high pressure spells of late November/early December and last week.

I thought the same thing when I popped out for lunch. Still have some vestiges of snow in the (sheltered from the sun) courtyard, but not for much longer. Eyes down for next week I guess. I have found it odd with references to 1987 (e.g. on the weather last night) as I don't recall this one much. I can only assume it was not a snow event for Wilts (where I was at the time) and so I don't remember it. I spent some time (too much time!) last night trying to remember the big snow events from my Wiltshire childhood. I know that we had some epic snow in the winter of 78-79 as we were unable to leave the village (Shrewton) because of drifted snow. I also recall a walk with epic icicles hanging from buildings. There is another occasion on a sunday with very cold air and a front moving in giving a large snowfall that then turned to rain after a few hours and washed it all away. Probably 81 or 82? I remember a friday in my first year at secondary school with epic amounts of snow, winter of 84-85. I also recall a couple of other times in the 80's when there was a decent fall of snow, but can't pin it down. 

Anyone with a better memory shed any light on these? I'd quite like to revisit the charts for those events.

Posted

BBC forecast on TV showed possibility of showers anywhere in our region and temps of -5c in the country, if a shower comes it'll be snow and it'll lie. I'm no type confident I'll get any but some of us might.

• Like 1

Posted

I thought I'd give the forum many hours to clear, and calm down.

Currently 4.9°C (40.8°F), Apparent temp 1.9°C

Bright sunshine, chilling wind, but "Oh, what a difference a day makes"..

Posted
35 minutes ago, warmintim said:

I have found it odd with references to 1987 (e.g. on the weather last night) as I don't recall this one much. I can only assume it was not a snow event for Wilts (where I was at the time) and so I don't remember it. I spent some time (too much time!) last night trying to remember the big snow events from my Wiltshire childhood.

How old are you Tim, if I may ask to put context into the occasions you mentioned.

I am 38 and can recalll several big snowfalls from my time at primary school in the 80s.

I grew up in Westbury, the best I can recall is going to school as it begun to snow and being sent home early afternoon with it really deep and us trudging up the hill to home. I would have been 8 or 9 so it may well have been 87. The next day those of us at school had an epic time, the kind of fun that doesn't happen in school nowadays!!

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

How old are you Tim, if I may ask to put context into the occasions you mentioned.

I am 38 and can recalll several big snowfalls from my time at primary school in the 80s.

I grew up in Westbury, the best I can recall is going to school as it begun to snow and being sent home early afternoon with it really deep and us trudging up the hill to home. I would have been 8 or 9 so it may well have been 87. The next day those of us at school had an epic time, the kind of fun that doesn't happen in school nowadays!!

44 now (and still mad about snow...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Well my last day here now as holiday starts saturday and oh my dear lord it looks like my bad luck has finaly ended!

2 metres on fresh snow forecast for resort over next 7 days! :yahoo::shok:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski;resort=S2648~Borovets;sess=#forecast

I don't ever take selfies but I may take one this time for you all to see me in bliss :D

Nice one NK, enjoy it and if you get a chance share a photo. Well Jel! 

Balmy weather in my back yard! :oops: better sort some shading out for it. I hate inaccurate Data!!!

IMG_5415.PNG

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
16 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I'm wondering if this is the same day that I was picked up from school in Salisbury by my mother at lunchtime? Now idea what day of the week unfortunately!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Quite an organised line of showers coming into Wales. IF they don't die out, northern parts of the West Country could see a few hours of light snow from that.

But chances are those showers will disappear a few miles from here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Hi everyone! We've made it to Buckinghamshire, were there's a Minute (melting) cover of snow! The chilterns look very pretty. I'm exhausted so of to go and prop the bar up... it's the weekend after all.

happy holidays @Nights King looking forward to seeing pictures of all the snow. :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had a Heavy Sleet Shower rattle through. Gust of 40mph too. Temp 4.6c. Dew point -0.4c. 

IMG_1584.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Apparently there was the tiniest dusting of snow this morning. Had melted before I woke up so I didn't get to see it. 

Been a sunny day up until the last hour which has been cloudier. Temperature reached 6.8°C now dropped to 5.7°C. 

Edited by matt111