Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted

Into darkness but torchlight suggests sight of first snowflake in a few years gf suggests confirmation,its only settling on female heads here at the moment lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

i think it won't be long now until snow proper, but it won't be long until the precip has gone. Maybe 45 mins. What a shame. We could have been measuring many inches had the cold already been in :angry:

Will be setting my alarm in intervals Incase something turns up overnight. 

My beers are chilling as we speak for this evening. :drunk:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

A bit disappointing. A dusting on the tops of the Cotswolds and now skies have cleared and temp dropped to 1c. 

Posted

BBC app now showing 3 hours of heavy snow, we didn't get any and now the front has passed so not sure why the upgrade ...wrong 

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

There were icy deposits building up on cars when I left work at Milton at 4:30pm 58m ASL about 4 miles south of here. Back at Abingdon 52m ASL minimal evidence of snowfall and its been stuck at 1.5C and raining since 5pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Temp up to 0.8C and DP above freezing. Sleet. Mind you the wind chill is going down. Just had -7.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The most interesting part of the weather today was the wind briefly turned a bit gusty.

Too far west it seems, not that I was holding out much hope anyway to be fair. No way am I waiting up tonight waiting for a few possible showers to arrive lol.

Quite frequently I am too far west, or two far south. Looking at the latest runs of the models, I might be too far north next week (I know it's just one run and things will likely change, but you've got to laugh!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think the most annoying thing is having colder air than those further east, just not at the right time i.e. when precipitation is around.

I'm banking on snow showers bringing something now. If we had rain showers from this direction I'd be in a good place so hopefully that will be the case for snow too.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

BBC app now showing 3 hours of heavy snow, we didn't get any and now the front has passed so not sure why the upgrade ...wrong 

This kind of set up is a nightmare to predict, and quite often fails to deliver if you're not on high ground. I certainly wouldn't pin anything on the BBC weather app!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Lets hope they have underplayed the shower activity here later. Could do with a nice dollop falling onto frozen surfaces later :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
Just now, Nights King said:

Lets hope they have underplayed the shower activity here later. Could do with a nice dollop falling onto frozen surfaces later :D

some showers heading over wales, no doubt the mountains will suck the life out of them, plus some meaty showers over ireland, some might make it this far

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Shanklin on the Isle of Wight! I'm quite amazed how that settled on the grass etc! Decent period of snow! And coming down sill 

IMG_4726.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I think the most annoying thing is having colder air than those further east, just not at the right time i.e. when precipitation is around.

I'm banking on snow showers bringing something now. If we had rain showers from this direction I'd be in a good place so hopefully that will be the case for snow too.

It's always the way! It's never cold enough when there is precipitation about. Except on the very rare occasion it is. The last time that happened here was December 2010.

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

More rain than sleet here now and not as heavy as earlier. Temperature went up to 2.2°C not long ago but is starting to drop again now. Currently 2.0°C.

Posted

That was an interesting journey....dear god. The snow at Winchester was something to behold. Zip in Bomo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, MidnightSnow said:

Snowing heavily in London apparantly

Yes brother from ealing just text to say its heavy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, Certain kind of fool said:

That was an interesting journey....dear god. The snow at Winchester was something to behold. Zip in Bomo!

Thought Winchester would be your sweet spot. I've often been caught in heavy snow there. Well not in the last 5 years but you get my drift lol

precio has ended. Bugger!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Looking at the radar and there's a cluster of showers edging SE towards the West Country.

Just hope the squad aren't out on the Welsh mountains.

henry_hoover_range-870x206.jpg

Edited by MidnightSnow
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
13 minutes ago, Somerset Squall said:

It's always the way! It's never cold enough when there is precipitation about. Except on the very rare occasion it is. The last time that happened here was December 2010.

If only the colder air could have been just a few hours before! Grr.