Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I just want to see some snow falling, that said the radar does show the precip moving slowy SE, but rain-snowband coming to an halt in Wales and now moving SE. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

3.9c AT, 3c DP. Barely an hour ago it was 5.4c, I'd suggest the wind has shifted but can't confirm this as my anemometer is knackered.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Still steady rain here,temp has dropped to 5c

Main thing is the wind,blowing a N/NW gale outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
3 minutes ago, Mike the Fish said:

That is a great post Martin, as a new poster I didn't want to start telling people not to place too much faith in these weather apps for fear of being told to do one before making friends!! :fool::sorry:

Am I right in thinking these apps only use raw data?

We all know its a fruitless exercise but it certainly fills the time and a point of debate! When we've been snow starved so long we'll believe anything!!! :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Raining steadily here, though can actually start to feel the temperature drop a touch, fingers crossed for this Evening, i too would love to just see some snow falling im that desperate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Sleeting 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Good website to keep track of latest temps in area: http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Where I'm situated (Bristol) 3'c right now, dewpoints still a little too high tho!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
4 minutes ago, Nights King said:

You have better chance than us further east that are not east enough for this because of your exposure to north winds. dont see showers making it inland.

Yes indeed just a bit nervous as MO prediction of ppn have dropped alot in the last hour or so for tonight. But as has been pointed out these apps are not that accurate so we'll see what happens. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well against gibbys sound advice I'm waiting for this to come to fruition as I need any straw I can find.. :D:drunk-emoji:

Screenshot_2017-01-12-15-10-41.png

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Down to 1.7c.

We all need a collective prayer session, so after three, eyes closed, hands clasped and repeat after me....Dear weather front, stall you bugger, stall. Pivot away to your hearts content. drop your load right here. Amen.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Here we go.. signs of life here (although i'm not expecting anything) humidity is dropping despite the heavy rain.

Temp: 4.8°C - Hum: 92% - Dew: 3.6°C - Wchill: 16.7°C -  Wbulb: 4.3°C - Rain: 20.6mm - Bar: 995.12hPa - Wind: NW @ 9mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Whilst comparing the radar to the BBC graphics seems that the radar is an hour behind, could give us an extra bit of hope.

Me personally I think the SE are in a fantastic position for snow, with evening approaching, colder air approaching and readily turning slightly in our area.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury

Posted

Certainly sleety here now, however that precip is really moving from N Wales and into W Midlands, by the time we have it as Sleet/Wet Snow will move through quickly i reckon.  hope i'm wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Love it, reading the posts feels like I'm reading a drama novel!! Love this thread 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

pivot.gif

Lmao!!

im outside picking the kids up in lytchett mattravers, which is up a very modest hill and there is way more sleet than rain!!

it is very very wet on the roads though, lots of surface flooding! Nasty

• Like 2

Posted

3.2c. Dewpoint 2.6c. Bit more of a drop and think sleet/snow will be starting to fall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

I think we can almost write off anything below about 500-600ft now. The Mendip tops along with Exmoor could see a bit but I think the fun will be much more towards the higher ground of the SE as we move through the evening. For us the current rain/sleet will slowly diminish with clearer skies later this evening. The undercut of cold here in the SW was not quick enough or strong enough and it's only now that the Low which is still deepening rapidly sucks in more cold the SE may well fair better which in fairness was indicated from the Met this morning. While the temperature has fallen markedly here over the last couple of hours it is still 4C and would need to drop a couple more degrees here at least before sleet would develop. Mind you I know I'm only at at around 300ft asl here which is why I think the Mendip Plain might be lucky before it stops. Cant see a winter wonderland though even there from this event.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

heavy sleet now as the cold air is undercutting, nice big splodges so the changeover is happening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I'm so enthralled with watching how quickly the temp is dropping I forgot I'd put some crumpets in the toaster. Ooops! Now got a kitchen full of smoke :-(

Now 1.6c, dew point down to -0.8 It's getting there :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Gibby said:

I think we can almost write off anything below about 500-600ft now. The Mendip tops along with Exmoor could see a bit but I think the fun will be much more towards the higher ground of the SE as we move through the evening. For us the current rain/sleet will slowly diminish with clearer skies later this evening. The undercut of cold here in the SW was not quick enough or strong enough and it's only now that the Low which is still deepening rapidly sucks in more cold the SE may well fair better which in fairness was indicated from the Met this morning. While the temperature has fallen markedly here over the last couple of hours it is still 4C and would need to drop a couple more degrees here at least before sleet would develop. Mind you I know I'm only at at around 300ft asl here which is why I think the Mendip Plain might be lucky before it stops. Cant see a winter wonderland though even there from this event.

Or we could just wait and see... I have at least another 2 hours of precip going off the radar and the cold air is now reaching even where I am... so who knows :pardon: