Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Temperature finally started dropping. Now 6.9°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

And the wind has veered again! Round to WNW at times. Pressure and DP falling rapidly. Imma go "work from home" soon :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Wind picking up from the northwest now, temperature dropping more quickly, I do feel most of the precipitation will have cleared southeastwards before conditions are cold enough here, hoping for some wintery showers later maybe? Temp 4.8C and dropping here, and raining moderately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

Down from 5.1 to 3.7 in an hour here...at this rate will turn to snow around half four...

Just as the precipitation stops

• Like 2

Posted

Latest frames of the radar does seem to be turning more to a wintery mix across Wales 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'll be amazed if the majority of our region doesn't see snow at least falling for a time later this afternoon. 

The radar is showing the precip turning more wintry every 15 mins.

IMG_5383.PNG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
5 minutes ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Sleet/rain mix between Tavistock and Yelverton 

Good to see you on here Snow Crystal. Looking good for us later. Just need to get home from work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Temps falling here - down 0.7 degrees in the last hour and wind swinging round to the NW. I think it will be a rain only affair unless at elevation today.... but any showers tonight and tomorrow will be snow. Anything of substance in this context in the next 48 hours will be a bonus.... but the outlook for the end of next week much more interesting. Lots of water to flow under the bridge before then... but we will certainly have entrenched cold by midweek and a signal for precipitation to both SW and SE. Just need a bit of luck from then on in...........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, lettice said:

@Mapantz Are we going to see the drone launch in a few hours, heading north and show us the path of the the snow heading south?

Tempting, isn't it? lol - The winds will pick up too much for a maiden flight, and although you can fly it in fairly strong winds, i'd rather be in a fully open area. I may even purchase the parachute addon at some point. LaieA_066.gif

Posted
1 minute ago, Gibby said:

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is that yes some with altitude will see some snow soon but lower lying areas may end up disappointed. I think there's a far greater chance over the SE after dark. We might get lucky with some snow showers overnight though with ice becoming a major issue from quite early this evening as the rain/snow mix clears.

my app is my frontroom window:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

Tempting, isn't it? lol - The winds will pick up too much for a maiden flight, and although you can fly it in fairly strong winds, i'd rather be in a fully open area. I may even purchase the parachute addon at some point. LaieA_066.gif

Like the parachute idea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Cam confirm sleet with wet thuds lol in Stow on the wold. Mate get 2 hours of heavy snow. Shame we couldn't be 3 hours later as we all would see some then 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges.

We know that, but gives us something to talk about why we are sitting here waiting for the big event :)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Cam confirm sleet with wet thuds lol in Stow on the wold. Mate get 2 hours of heavy snow. Shame we couldn't be 3 hours later as we all would see some then 

Had a feeling you would be the first :hi:

Still sleet here but I'm praying to the freezer as we speak :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Indicative radar suggesting Dartmoor, Exmoor, Cotswolds now in the "turning" zone..

Tis true but the radar shows the band of rain is almost through at these locations. The prediction for the weather apps for continual wintery ppn be it showers or more bands of rain could be a little wide of the mark I'm afraid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Latest precip radar:

2017-01-12 (2).png

Cautionary note; The precip-type is only using high-res modelling, so there will be some error marginality.