Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

Quiet in here at the moment... is everyone sleeping so they can stay awake tomorrow night?! 

Rearranging the furniture to get best view of the lamppost :D

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

Could be a lot of rain here, going by the graphics on the points west forecast. A bit of interest for someone who doesn't mind heavy rain and strong winds! It'll be a busy affair tomorrow, that's for sure- and travelling will be rather horrid for anyone caught up in it.

Totally agree about the travelling, I'm working in Wokingham at the moment - so decided to book a hotel room for tomorrow night. Don't fancy travelling back from Wokingham to Frome in rush hour traffic with the potential of heavy snow :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hmm I'm considering not goo to work, purely because my wife has to work at 7pm and I can't risk getting caught in the chaos if it does snow. Which I'm gutted about. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm sure many of you know that I quite like the intricate side of the weather, especially when recording data. Tomorrow will be one of those days that will be interesting to observe as the colder air wraps around. There should be a significant drop in temperature over a small period of time, likely to be the most significant of the season. The windchill will kick in very quickly, combined with the strong Northwesterlies..

2017-01-11 (3).png

I'm rather looking for to watching it all unfold! 

That's going to feel Baltic!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Smartie said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we had some sleet here before that front pulls away going by the forecast and east of the m5 sounds good, I'm only about a thousand yards west from junction 21 lol 

Always look forward to the forecast of snow 'north of the M4'- I live about 100 yards north of it in south Wales. I'm sure that's not what they mean, but still! :p

Posted

Saw snow up on Exmoor driving to Woolacombe back in November so I feel I've already used up my "once-in-5-years" quota. :fool:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
51 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Rearranging the furniture to get best view of the lamppost :D

Glad it's not just me that does this! :pardon:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Out of interest what's everyone's weather app saying for tomorrow then. Be interesting to see if it tallys with the telly forecasts and to gauge how much it moves around.

Posted
Just now, festivalking said:

Out of interest what's everyone's weather app saying for tomorrow then. Be interesting to see if it tallys with the telly forecasts and to gauge how much it moves around.

Heavy rain like usual haha! Oh well just have to look at pictures of others enjoying snow.

Posted

Just seen this on twitter... 

IMG_0236.PNG

My apps are still saying 1 hour of snow. Hardly worth it

Edited by khodds

Posted
4 minutes ago, festivalking said:

IMG_5364.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Showing heavy snow/sleet mix around plymouth airport from about 3pm onwards. I think our best chace down here is if we catch a heavy shower later on once the the cold air gets in. I'm not holding by breath. 

My wait for a repeat of Jan 1987 continues..................

Edited by BM4PM

Posted

Met office app app currently says heavy snow around 4pm then back to sleet by 5pm, I'm sure this will chop and change until the event tomorrow just like the models 

IMG_1900.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Screenshot isn't working. Warminster has heavy rain until 16.00 followed by 2 hours of heavy snow and an hour of light snow.

However what really caught my eye was the wind changing from no gusts while showing rain then 59mph gusts with the snow!!

I can foresee a rare situation of the precipitation changing from heavy rain to large blobs of wet snow in quick time.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, khodds said:

Just seen this on twitter... 

IMG_0236.PNG

My apps are still saying 1 hour of snow. Hardly worth it

Not looking good for our region, even the east of it.

Posted

It's not is it... 

but, as I said last night, I'd prefer it to be this way round than for it to be "nailed" and not happen. More opportunities in the next week or so if tomorrow doesn't materialise 

• Like 3

Posted

This is my latest. Rain till 3. Some sleet light snow then looks like we get lucky with showers coming in behind the front. An hour ago it suggested heavy snow for 7 hours! Almost fainted. Princetown could be buried tomorrow night!

Screenshot_20170111-213835.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Lots of snow, and the light snow continues till 10pm....I'll believe it when I see it!

IMG_1751.PNG

Also cause I live in Stroud (the base of five valleys with the obvious hills in between) within 500 meters as the crow flys you can have a 200meter eleveatiin change, so i always check a hilltop location vs a valley location and Woodchester is right at the bottom of the valley (80 meters asl) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

18z looking slightly better for snow showers Friday afternoon for south west and west country.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

BBC says 2 hours of heavy snow around 5-6pm (but I really can't see that happening), accompanied by strong winds of 46mph. I won't be able to enjoy it, with dear hubby having to drive back from Bournemouth in it. Friday forecast is for full sun all day so looks I shall have to go into work. Bah, humbug!

Posted

Well the mod thread is full of swipes due to imby posts, oh dear. Really is best to stick to regionals if it's snow where/when your after, as it becomes a competition of regions lol

• Like 3

Posted

Yep  I tend to follow the mad thread searching for cold and snow then when predictions come within 72 hours it's this thread all the way. 

2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Well the mod thread is full of swipes due to imby posts, oh dear. Really is best to stick to regionals if it's snow where/when your after, as it becomes a competition of regions lol

• Like 1