Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2017 Thoughts, hopes, wishes, forecasts etc...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

From a totally IMBY perspective, I think its safe to say that the March winds are blowing this morning!! 
But the sun's out, and it feels really quite pleasant :) ... Albeit blustery 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

WSI outlook for April to June

Early Look at Summer Suggests Heat and Dryness to be Focused in Southeastern Europe

Andover, MA, 20 March 2017 — For the aggregate April-June period, The Weather Company, an IBM Business, is forecasting above-normal temperatures across most European locations, with the warmth especially notable across the eastern half of Europe. Temperatures in western Europe are expected to be near, but slightly above, normal.

“We’ve seen a pattern reversal in March, with the persistent high pressure across western Europe being replaced by lower pressures, and widespread above-normal temperatures being the rule across the continent,” said Dr. Todd Crawford, chief meteorologist with The Weather Company. “There is some concern that the winter pattern will re-emerge in April, with high pressure setting back up across higher latitudes. That would allow below-normal temperatures to return to portions of southern Europe. Otherwise, we expect spring to be fairly warm across northern Europe, as we’ve seen each of the last three years. For summer, historically-low Arctic sea ice values should help to drive North Atlantic blocking again, as we’ve seen during most summers in the last decade. This would limit temperatures across western Europe and would favor more significant heat/dryness across eastern Europe.”

For the April-June 2017 period, The Weather Company is forecasting the following conditions:

April

Nordic region – Warmer than normal

U.K. – Warmer than normal

Northern Mainland – Warmer than normal

Southern Mainland – Cooler than normal

May

Nordic region – Warmer than normal

U.K. – Slightly cooler than normal

Northern Mainland – Warmer than normal east, cooler than normal west

Southern Mainland – Warmer than normal east, cooler than normal west

June

Nordic region – Warmer than normal, except far east

U.K. – Warmer than normal

Northern Mainland – Warmer than normal

Southern Mainland – Warmer than normal

https://business.weather.com/news/european-seasonal-outlook-the-weather-company-expects-warm-spring-for-most-european-locations-especially-in-the-east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I reckon SS, north west midlands/Staffs and Shrops will struggle with north sea misty low cloud, the most prone areas, pressure setup supports sea mist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Very low RH here, currently 20%. Temp is 17C with a DP of -6C.

Posted
4 hours ago, cheese said:

Very dry air here today for somewhere so close to the coast. We had a minimum humidity of just 18%, which is the lowest I've ever recorded. The previous low was 28% back in August 2003.

The dewpoint dropped to -10.8C when this 18% was recorded, which is also the lowest since December 2010.

I imagine locally its the lowest humidity since March 1965, or possibly ever.

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
6 hours ago, cheese said:

This is exactly why i much prefer spring warmth to summer. It can often be a much drier heat due to the lower dewpoint and feels so much better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

We are close to the 1st 20c of the year

It's the warmest day of the year so far with 19.4C recorded at Aviemore, Scotland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

could do without charts like this, this April, horrid, as I don't live at 300m asl, I mean who at low levels south, would want this late April, when warm sunny weather possible?

archives-2016-4-27-0-0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Winter by night and Spring by day currently with overnight air frosts and mid teens by day. Only managed 14c today rather than yesterday's 17c due to a bit more of a breeze off the North Sea. Here's a night and day scene at the moment round here shown by these 2 pics I took this weekend. 

IMG_-tiq8gr.thumb.jpg.21e5f217f1cbb84a7049c671093800fa.jpgIMG_y03jbw.thumb.jpg.4481895dbbb2a0250e803c5b718d73e1.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
7 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

could do without charts like this, this April, horrid, as I don't live at 300m asl, I mean who at low levels south, would want this late April, when warm sunny weather possible?

archives-2016-4-27-0-0.png

Brilliant day of weather that was. Hail, sleet, snow, thunder and some brilliant cloudscapes. As a weather enthusiast I have absolutely no idea how you could turn your nose up at a day such as that was.

• Like 2