Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2017 Thoughts, hopes, wishes, forecasts etc...

Posted

Wow who doesn't want cloud and 8C in April. I've literally not experienced such conditions in years. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Meh. Get rid of the cold I say. Winter was tedious hoping for snow and I just want to see the back of it.

My hopes...more fresh, sunny days. The start of thunderstorm "season" earlier than May (for a change from recent years). Less of the chilky dank grey weather. Thanks! :D

• Like 1

Posted
On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 18:40, Summer Sun said:

Next weekend

Turning colder
Often windy
Unsettled

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/39167162

Well that forecast was completely wrong!

Meto have been off the mark, the last few months, when looking 10 days ahead or so.

Warm Spring, from late March, in my view. Yes, defo.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

18C in Gravesend today and 16C at Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland making it Northern Ireland's warmest day of the year so far

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Hit 12C here although the wind was a tad too cold given the cloudy skies for just a t-shirt as i was wearing. 

With high pressure looking to build again (and the prior Atlantic spell pretty tame) it will be interesting to see if this persists into late spring or implodes 2012 style. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 11/03/2017 at 19:01, summer blizzard said:

Hit 12C here although the wind was a tad too cold given the cloudy skies for just a t-shirt as i was wearing. 

With high pressure looking to build again (and the prior Atlantic spell pretty tame) it will be interesting to see if this persists into late spring or implodes 2012 style. 

Quite enjoying seeing the HP in the outlook TBH along with some pleasant warmth...if recent years are anything to go by, this should mean that summer goes wet style- which I certainly would not grumble at.

However, I still have a sneaking suspicion that this will be a very warm, dry summer.

Posted

Up to 15.6C today making it comfortably the warmest day of the year so far. Its sunny aswell, so much better than the mild, cloudiness so far this month.

Our mean temp for the month is currently very mild at 8.1C, which is equal to how 2012 finished.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yup - a beautiful day, much better than expected. Pleasantly mild and sunny. No idea why people would want rain instead of this.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
20 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yup - a beautiful day, much better than expected. Pleasantly mild and sunny. No idea why people would want rain instead of this.

In spring, settled and warm is fine by me. In summer however, I just love those bands of torrential convective rain and when slack LP parks over the country promoting homegrown 'power showers' and thunderstorms. Can't beat it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

In spring, settled and warm is fine by me. In summer however, I just love those bands of torrential convective rain and when slack LP parks over the country promoting homegrown 'power showers' and thunderstorms. Can't beat it. 

I love thunderstorms and torrential downpours, but I can't stand all-day frontal rain. Yuck.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted

Another lovely day today, slightly cooler than yesterday but little wind at the moment so it actually feels much warmer.

Currently 14.4C, so a good 6C above average for the time of year.

Today increases our monthly mean to 8.2C, so only 0.2C short of the record set in 1990 (8.4C) now. A good chance this will be the warmest March on record if the GFS 06z were to come to fruition.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
53 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

18.4c in Gravesend, Kent making it the warmest day of the year so far

18.6c now confirmed

Warmest day of the year so far in Wales too (location unknown at the moment)

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Today i recorded my warmest march day since 2012. 15.6c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Today is the spring equilux... Apparently :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
On 3/15/2017 at 14:14, reef said:

Another lovely day today, slightly cooler than yesterday but little wind at the moment so it actually feels much warmer.

Currently 14.4C, so a good 6C above average for the time of year.

Today increases our monthly mean to 8.2C, so only 0.2C short of the record set in 1990 (8.4C) now. A good chance this will be the warmest March on record if the GFS 06z were to come to fruition.

Just thought I'd point out that 1990 isn't the warmest on record, that actually goes to 1957 (9.2C). :)