Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2017 Thoughts, hopes, wishes, forecasts etc...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A much better day for northern areas in the east but still some stubborn cloud for the southern half in the east

456456.thumb.png.f3c1cfdab5a982380e13f0d6fe096e85.png

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Stunning Spring day here.

20170510_151425_Richtone(HDR).thumb.jpg.6737c6fd1b0174fb9910ba0d7b7f575a.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

similar here, very welcome as well

• Like 1

Posted
On 5/6/2017 at 19:38, Summer Sun said:

Further ahead

Outbreaks of rain

Thunder possible

Generally warmer 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/39829590

how about some actual input from yourself for once SS? We all know where to get the BBC or Met O forecasts, believe it or not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
8 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

how about some actual input from yourself for once SS? We all know where to get the BBC or Met O forecasts, believe it or not!

Save yourself a few clicks, makes life so much easier

• Like 2

Posted

Must be on course for the driest Spring since at least 1997, which delivered a very dry March and April, but a rather wetter May. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
6 hours ago, johnholmes said:

Bit rude.

Must be on course for the driest Spring since at least 1997, which delivered a very dry March and April, but a rather wetter May. 

But more importantly.. a nice summer.

Edited by cheese

Posted
8 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Spring 2011 was incredibly dry. 2010 was very dry also. 

Edited by Summer 1976

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
20 hours ago, johnholmes said:

Why does it matter? You can just scroll past it, believe it or not!

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Next weekend

Turning cooler
Changeable
Rain at times
Breezy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/39879006

I must say I agree with John these bbc updates are infuriating! They add nothing to the board! Boring!

Edited by inghams85
  • Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

I must say I agree with John these bbc updates are infuriating! They add nothing to the board! Boring!

But here's the thing.. you don't have to read them. If I find something 'infuriating or 'boring', I find something else to do.

Simple, no?

Do you act so rudely to people in real life as well? Probably not.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
23 hours ago, cheese said:

Bit rude.

But more importantly.. a nice summer.

Mmm Summer 97 was a very mixed bag, an unusual combination of heat and heavy rain. June in particular was very wet, August hot and very wet, July was the driest of the three months.

Yes Spring 2011 was very dry, but not on a par with this one so far, it preceded a rather lacklustre Summer, similarly 2010, which from memory produced rather pleasant but uninspiring summer.

The last year to feel similiar to the last 3 seasons was 2005/2006 which delivered a dry very settled autumn and winter, spring was more varied though, followed by the superb summer of 2006..

Posted
5 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Mmm Summer 97 was a very mixed bag, an unusual combination of heat and heavy rain. June in particular was very wet, August hot and very wet, July was the driest of the three months.

Yes Spring 2011 was very dry, but not on a par with this one so far, it preceded a rather lacklustre Summer, similarly 2010, which from memory produced rather pleasant but uninspiring summer.

The last year to feel similiar to the last 3 seasons was 2005/2006 which delivered a dry very settled autumn and winter, spring was more varied though, followed by the superb summer of 2006..

August 1997 was rather average rainfall-wise here, while July was wetter than average. August was much warmer than average (second warmest on record), while July was a bit warmer than average. It's worth bearing in mind though that July 1997 had two days with around 20mm of rain and I believe both days were thunderstorms.

Edited by cheese

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

August 1997 was rather average rainfall-wise here, while July was wetter than average. August was much warmer than average (second warmest on record), while July was a bit warmer than average. It's worth bearing in mind though that July 1997 had two days with around 20mm of rain and I believe both days were thunderstorms.

Yes my memory is becoming hazy, I remember much of the heavy rain in July and August was thundery in nature, so perhaps quite hit and miss for some, resulting in quite different totals for some places. I do distinctly remember alot of overcast muggy days in August with sudden downpours and thunder later in the day, indeed quite tropical. July though I don't remember being especially wet. Late June brought deluges to SW England especially - look at footage from Glastonbury that year.

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

But here's the thing.. you don't have to read them. If I find something 'infuriating or 'boring', I find something else to do.

Simple, no?

Do you act so rudely to people in real life as well? Probably not.

I don't want to find something else to do I enjoy the forum.

its wrong not to be honest, you can't live your life trying not to be rude. I'm sure Summer Sun is man enough to take the criticism on board and listen to his fellow board members

Posted
53 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

I don't want to find something else to do I enjoy the forum.

its wrong not to be honest, you can't live your life trying not to be rude. I'm sure Summer Sun is man enough to take the criticism on board and listen to his fellow board members

I'm sure Summer Sun is not particularly concerned with your 'criticism' - which isn't really criticism but just pointing to someone and saying 'Stop doing that because it's boring'.

You don't have to leave the forum, but you can certainly overlook posts you dislike. It ain't the end of the world. People post stuff I don't like on here every day, but I don't whinge about it. 

Edited by cheese