Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2017 Thoughts, hopes, wishes, forecasts etc...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
22 hours ago, markyo said:

Thankfully the end to this weather will come through over night,much cooler better conditions on the cards and lower flipping pollen levels!! Can tolerate this weather just in the summer months but hate it this early.

Come on markyo, yesterday was only 21C in your neck of the woods. I can understand you moaning when the thermometer is approaching 30 degrees, but now? :rolleyes:

Is this what we have to look forward to for the next 5-6 months? You moaning about how awful it is because it isn't cold and cloudy?

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
28 minutes ago, cheese said:

Come on markyo, yesterday was only 21C in your neck of the woods. I can understand you moaning when the thermometer is approaching 30 degrees, but now? :rolleyes:

Is this what we have to look forward to for the next 5-6 months? You moaning about how awful it is because it isn't cold and cloudy?

Not at all,i promise!!:D  Its just its a early strong start to the old hayfever season,going to be a long one this year......I promise not to moan to much this year:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Large parts of Europe will see temperatures fall next week with high pressure over the UK we'll see very little in the way of rain after tomorrow/Monday frosts could be the main issue

4565464.thumb.png.f02ed83f209acf036276c66127565afa.png

Posted

That map makes it look like temperatures will be well below freezing. Bad colour scale.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

If only it was a few months ago:wallbash::nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
27 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

If only it was a few months ago:wallbash::nonono:

Well actually the charts were very similar a few months ago. Mainland Europe shivering in frigid unsettled conditions while remained cold but settled. Story of winter 16/17 unfortunately. 

Posted

The weather is total rubbish and the outlook is depressing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Think i suffer more in spring than in the summer due to hayfever so thus far this spring has been good for me,outlook remains so.  I fully understand it's not every bodies cup of tea though!:D

Posted

Since the second third of April High pressure is starting to move west of the Uk instead of over the Uk like the previous months. Hope it doesn't continue this pattern like it did from May 2015

Edited by Summer 1976

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
On 09/04/2017 at 16:32, Relativistic said:

Provisionally, I make the CET mean for 1/3 to 8/4 to be 8.80C. The warmest first half of Spring on record (1/3 to 15/4) was in 1957 at 8.85C. Currently we're in second. Other warm years include 1945 (8.71C) and 1779 (8.49C) (the late 1940s and the 1770s featured a lot of Spring warmth), as well as 1938 (8.67C), 1961 (8.55C), and the more recent years of 1997 (8.66C) and 2014 (8.43C).

Provisionally, the period 1st March to 15th April has come in at 8.94C, beating the previous record set in 1957. We'd need downward corrections of 0.3C on each day from the 1st to the 15th of April for us to tie with 1957.

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 1

Posted

I haven't checked but I'm certain the second half of April will be colder than the first half here. It got up to 24C at the beginning of the month; tomorrow is forecast to be no higher than 6C. Weather Underground is even going for snow.

Posted

Weather Underground wins:

20170419_181123.thumb.jpg.b51240be9694a6eb63bb541e458bd938.jpg20170419_180742.thumb.jpg.793d70081f944c668bc6dd78466b9509.jpg20170419_181117.thumb.jpg.9691b84667cba0972ee5d82b71a1bba4.jpg

It was spitting small flakes first thing this morning but it's been full-on blizzard conditions since about 10am (still going at 8pm local time). It had trouble sticking initially so there's "only" 15cm so far. It hasn't been above 3C all day.

20170419_181415.thumb.jpg.5a5740cb5365e15340edc3adffe7282a.jpg

My six-inch ruler barely visible.

• Like 4

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 07:00, markyo said:

Think i suffer more in spring than in the summer due to hayfever so thus far this spring has been good for me,outlook remains so.  I fully understand it's not every bodies cup of tea though!:D

Ignore the haters, you are as entitled to express your opinion as much as anybody, trust me the weather this Spring so far has suited alot of people not just yourself.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
On 4/17/2017 at 07:00, markyo said:

mainly Aug/Sept for me Mark! mainly when its cool and wet, fine when hot/dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

2nd April in a row where the final week has winter making a desperate last stand. You had your chance months ago, sod off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Nick L said:

2nd April in a row where the final week has winter making a desperate last stand. You had your chance months ago, sod off!

yeah, but dominant PV and raging jet, this setup wouldn't happen Dec to Feb, weak PV now