Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 29th December - Into mid-Winter.

Posted

Ice ice baby...

ECU0-240.gif

@Nick L is there not a general rule of thumb for surface temps from the upper temps?

Edited by bobbydog
  • Like 5

Posted
Just now, bluearmy said:

the euro trough gains some strength day 9 but we need to find some energy for it or it will fill

I'm a bit surprised it doesn't deepen a bit more. I can barely contain myself the ECM looks amazing for down here, I could do my husky ride  from my house rather than fighting with snow chains to get up into the mountains!

It would be great to see this ECM run verify and the 850's might get lowered more nearer the time which might help a bit more with any North Sea convection.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold , snow . Hot sunny
13 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

SE ENGLAND STAYING COLD ..:cold:

IMG_0215.PNG

Think most of the U.K. Would be , surface cold light winds and hard frosts :)

IMG_1305.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Guys , the easterly you show above , is never going to do much for UK for snow and any fun. People keep posting future easterly  charts and they are not  good easterly , we need a full easterly  or NE to get decent snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 minute ago, Ali1977 said:

BOOOM

Freezing ice days and plenty of snow down south on this run, shame it's at 240 again and is on its own with the other zoos models. 

IMG_3973.PNG

Snow showers, perhaps merging into longer spells of snow for the southern half of the UK. I know it won't look like that at day 10 but I wonder if that ridge of high pressure just sneaking out of Newfoundland and flirting with Greenland wants to hoover up the Scandi High and turn it into a Greenland one? What with the vortex seemingly wanting to move to the Eastern side of the polar field. It's the hope that kills you

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer
7 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes, in rural SE England, I would say daytime Max temps significantly below freezing perhaps?

the south looks like it will have snow showers where the pressure is lower with very low dew points from a easterly any snow lying will be like powder but i have a feeling this will be a outlier sadly

• Like 1

Posted

Noticed this secondary low on the T96 just east of the UK.

20170901ECMT96.png

I'm guessing if there was a T84 that low would be right over the UK. Both ECM and UKMO have picked up on secondary lows close to the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold , snow . Hot sunny

ECM ends very very cold , easterly winds and snow showers into the east :yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

ECM with a nice easterly at the end of the run. Englandshire feeling the brunt of it. :cold:

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 18.58.55.png 

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 18.58.06.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 19.01.15.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Sensational Ecm 12z, especially that T+240..what a cracker..this really is a test for the Ecm, hope it passes with flying colours!..wow

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_72_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_96_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_120_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_144_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_168_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_192_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_216_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_240_mslp850uk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_240_thickuk.png

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_240_mslp850.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Chanel lows..pm incursión. .etc.

The ecm refuses to budge on it's continental incursion.  And statistics suggest solid format.

Im also at present doing personal research into land mass impact of cold regarding land mass equation and maritime (water/sea) impacts. .will divulge outcomes. 

Anyway. .the ec solid pronounced' and steadfast. .it's the friend that drives you when all the rest are getting bladdered!!!..

Great evolution/synoptic. .

Winter Herald s

J156-21.gif

ECM1-240-8.gif

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 18.58.06.png

ECM is like a dog with a bone it ain't giving it up that easily.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well ECM ends with a very cold end but to me would just be bitterly cold but dry.I would have thought if this ever verified we would need a slight NE feed as opposed to a direct E feed to get some convection off North Sea. I may be reading this wrong but just my take on it.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Noticed this secondary low on the T96 just east of the UK.

20170901ECMT96.png

I'm guessing if there was a T84 that low would be right over the UK. Both ECM and UKMO have picked up on secondary lows close to the UK.

Ukd0VNM.gif

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms, sun, anything photogenic.

I do wonder whether an Easterly is possible, the ECM keeps picking it up, and the METO update today seems full of uncertainty. Perhaps they haven't entirely discounted it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!
11 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

BOOOM

Freezing ice days and plenty of snow down south on this run, shame it's at 240 again and is on its own with the other Op models. 

IMG_3973.PNG

Well out of the three main models only ECM and GFS go to 240 on their Op runs.

If we look back to 144 then I would say UKMO is siding with ECM rather than GFS which is positive, plus the EC ens have been solid in the longer term in the last 36 hours, so one would hope we are onto something !!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, radiohead said:

Ukd0VNM.gif

Thanks, looks good for eastern areas if it were to come off. Even if it doesn't this is a very unstable Northwesterly so troughs can pop up anywhere at any time.

Posted
1 minute ago, Hotspur61 said:

Well ECM ends with a very cold end but to me would just be bitterly cold but dry.I would have thought if this ever verified we would need a slight NE feed as opposed to a direct E feed to get some convection off North Sea. I may be reading this wrong but just my take on it.

The easterly on this run is indeed dry apart from some light precip along the south coast at the very end of the run. But those details will change from run to run. Long way to go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

The ECM in a bit more detail for thurs/fri.

1.pnga.png

2.pngb.png

3.pngc.png

4.pngd.png

5.pnge.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
4 minutes ago, Barry Reynolds said:

I do wonder whether an Easterly is possible, the ECM keeps picking it up, and the METO update today seems full of uncertainty. Perhaps they haven't entirely discounted it.

ECH101-168.GIF?09-0

Im no expert, but with a chart like this at just 168 hours from the ECM, I  personally think an easterly is now the more likely scenario 

Perhaps a dry cold easterly with little snow, but that chart is only heading in one direction i.e  an easterly flow of some kind across the UK.

GFS still wants to bring in the atlantic, but almost every run keeps the cold over europe longer, and delays the arrival of westerlies - Im not buying it

• Like 2