Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A weather station as a gift

Kerrie

Hi, having spent many days going over all reviews for weather stations I suddenly realised that perhaps this kind of forum would hold someone who can give me some advice.

My husband has previously had a weather station but when we moved it broke. He wants another and I thought I'd see if I could get him one as a surprise.

My mind is however now boggling. I would say my budget is in the £200 to £300 bracket. I think wireless. An all in one sensor unit probably works best. I know he'd love to be able to view the data on his android.

Does anyone have a recommendation. I'd be as keen as I could be to get something where support etc is easy in the UK but that's not completely essential. I was looking at the Accurite 01075RM?but I have gotten myself so confused.

Any tips most welcome. Thank you

Posted

It's at the top of your budget but in terms of the weather data itself you'll never go far wrong with a Davis weather station:

https://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/davis-vantage-vue-weather-station?gclid=CjwKEAiA4dPCBRCM4dqhlv2R1R8SJABom9pH71w2FkRj2q-UVnWqAqrLpO9UKf1bCas5AfaVLUxqNhoC7MDw_wcB

It's not got the bells and whistles such as some way to put it onto Android though, unless you spend more and get the weatherlink which means the data can be put online and them viewed on a phone. 

Beyond that, I'm not an expert in stations, but I'm sure others will be along soon to give you some more views!

Welcome to the community by the way :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

This is a newer model of the one I have - https://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/weather-stations/technoline-ws1600-weather-station 

It's both wired and wireless - and would require a PC connected to it - but you could always just get him a Raspberry Pi to connect it to if connecting it permanently to a PC is impractical. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

The maplin N23dq is also worth a look if reliability or accuracy aren't too important the reviews are mixed, Maplins are good at swapping the faulty ones.

Now that makes them sound bad, but they do everything, are easy to set up and have good displays and internet connectivity out of the box.