Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What is your Winter preference if you Can't have snow?

sunnijim

Block or unblock?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Winter preferance if we can't have snow?

• Dry and mild with a Euro High or simuler
    • Rain and gales,possible severe weather( to include spells of colder zonal as Lows pass).
    • Cold and dry.Night frosts/fog,sunny days
    • A mixed bag,some mild and dry,some dry and cold,some rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
10 hours ago, Always expect rain said:

A firm vote for dry cold and frosty, if we can't have snow. Absolutely no to wind and rain - have enough of that all year...

Exactly!! As a keen cyclist, cold, crisp clear weather is actually pleasure to ride in. Wind & rain is just unpleasant  - and we get too much of it; I've had far too many rides ruined by windy/ rainy weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Frosty high pressure every time after snow, followed by proper cold zonality, the most recent of which was in January 2015 and brought snow showers even here.

Ideally anything above 10C should be forbidden, unless from a springlike settled spell in February. :) 

I just hate incessant rain. I couldn't live in the northwest!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Without question when there is no snow, I want cold and dry weather with frosts, fog and sunshine!  The sort of weather you'd get from a clean northerly or easterly type setup which is stable or a cold high which builds in after a spell or northerlies and/or easterlies.  These weather types along with cool "sunshine and showers" are types I'd love to see all year but sadly they as rare as hens teeth in winter let alone summer!  Our new default pattern is sadly now an alternation of British Monsoons (driven by Blowtorch Atlantic Zonality garbage) with heatwaves/Indian summers (driven by the Azores High, Scandi Ridge Bartlett High or Eurotrash High) and back!  The infamous "warm warm warm" as dubbed by StratosFerric.  :(

Edited by Lettucing Gutted
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 hours ago, Lettucing Gutted said:

Without question when there is no snow, I want cold and dry weather with frosts, fog and sunshine!  The sort of weather you'd get from a clean northerly or easterly type setup which is stable or a cold high which builds in after a spell or northerlies and/or easterlies.  These weather types along with cool "sunshine and showers" are types I'd love to see all year but sadly they as rare as hens teeth in winter let alone summer!  Our new default pattern is sadly now an alternation of British Monsoons (driven by Blowtorch Atlantic Zonality) with heatwaves/Indian summers (driven by the Azores High, Bartlett High or Eurotrash High) and back!  The infamous "warm warm warm" as dubbed by StratosFerric.  :(

likely the Dec 2016 CET winner

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, More Snow said:

Storms big bloody windy storms with 80mph or above winds.... i dont care for the rain that comes with them its just the strong winds that i love...

disagree, but it's becoming more frequent, as the Atlantic seems to be getting more aggressive in the christmas pudding, gone are the settled days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters
On 15/12/2016 at 19:02, Terminal Moraine said:

Severe gales and beyond is my preference, with heavy rain as an added bonus.

Ooh no, I know skin is waterproof but prefer dry of some kind, probably because I have memories of military life living/working in storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

Dry clear and still with high-pressure extending across Britain from northern Europe would be my favourite type of weather if snow was not a possibility in winter: such a weather-pattern would bring strong net radiative cooling day after day and with no wind to interrupt the cooling air near the ground it would get progressively colder. Temperatures below -10C would occur widely, freezing fog would occur locally and a thick rime would cover the landscape since even daytime temperatures would remain below freezing point after several days of such settled weather. A frozen, rime-covered landscape under a deep blue sky has to be the next best thing.

However, as with snowfalls across Britain, this is a weather type that is unlikely to feature much this winter. There will be a couple of dry frosty spells in January/February but -10C and a thickly rime-covered landscape, probably not this year. Sadly!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

My vote went to the rain and gales.

However this last week or so has seen the 'Cold and dry option'prevail.bitter frosts and sunny days, a joy of a winter spell imo.

Still amazed to see some on the mod thread with the attitude of 'no snow,then a waste of weather'.

If you love 'Weather' than you can get joy from her many faces imo.

Posted

One option not there.

Ice days with freezing fog and an easterly,happened first half of the day today then went upto 1.3c.

• Like 1