Sign in to follow this  
lassie23

Did you know.

Charlie Chaplin once won only third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.    I kId not. 

On 13/09/2019 at 16:06, emmett garland said:

Did you know this thread is 1011 days old

10,000 days ago at the time of this post it was 9th May 1992

20,000 days ago at the time of this  post it was 22nd December 1964

30,000 days ago at the time of this post it was 6th August 1937

Edited by Weather-history

General Douglas MacArthur, revered by the US public during World War II never set foot on the continental USA during the whole of World War II. It wasn't until after he was relieved of his command of UN forces in 1951 during the Korea War by President Truman that he set foot on the continental US again and this was the first time since 1937.

With the women's marathon record being broken the other day, did you know that the women's outdoor individual track records from 100m to 800m inclusive (hurdles excluded) are all over 30 years old! They were all set in the 1980s.

The men's mile record has not been broken this century. It was set in 1999 by Hicham El Guerrouj who also has the metric mile (1500m) record and that was set in 1998. That was only the second time that the mile record has been broken since 1985.

Remember when Ovett and Coe kept exchanging who held the mile record over a short period of time? 

Did you know that, were you to place all of Nigel Farage's speeches one on top of one-another, you'd eventually have a speech travelling faster-than-light...? But, you wouldn't violate relativity, as Mr Farage's speeches contain no information...⚛️

24 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Did you know that, were you to place all of Nigel Farage's speeches one on top of one-another, you'd eventually have a speech travelling faster-than-light...? But, you wouldn't violate relativity, as Mr Farage's speeches contain no information...⚛️

and i thought Glen Waffle was bad 

3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

And did you know that whatever party wins the election, we will get a phenomenon called a black hole, it's also called "the treasury"...

Talking politics.

Theresa May will be the first ex PM to stand at a general election since Ted Heath in 1997.

Edited by Weather-history

Is, Summer Sun real or a 'bot'? for 2 years or so thread has been started dead on midnight every night, and other news stories, weather and non weather related straight on? as though it's automatic

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Did you know If you go into the woods today, you will find that hugging trees is now part of the national curriculum. For the past 4 years Bubs has been in Girl guiding and I can show them a badge for everything they are going to do. #winning.

Did you know that, according to some online Alkaline Diet 'gurus', lemons and limes are two of the best sources of 'alkaline food' that money can buy...?🍋

And they say, there's one born every minute!:shok:

Did you know that christmas was just made up because the church are such control freaks they can't have people celebrating something not based in their beliefs, foil hats were needed back then too.

Did you know that these are the big movies premier`s on big screen original TV tonight and they are AMAZINGLY spectacular.

maxresdefault.jpgDIS_GOTG2_GA_NP_1285x720.jpg

Best night of the whole christmas if you`ve not seen these,pointless watching big screen movies on a small laptop,anyway I`m watching this big premier instead.

latest?cb=20180325190743

On 30 December 2018 at 23:55, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Summer Sun is poised, ready to start the 31st Dec weather discussion thread, only minutes away!

And a year later still doing it. They have got to be an insomniac, I can't see how anyone can post at the same time every night for just over two years.