Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

5 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Now to top it off, if only we could get a nice '62/'63 winter...not too much to ask for is it 🤨🤔

Preferably followed by a 2007 type summer next year to replenish ground water and keep drought away.

As long as that prolonged Scandinavian block holds ,there is always an outside chance of a 62/63 winter. But just you watch, more than likely it sinks into boring inversion Euro high with mild weather and SWly flow into NW Europe. However, this year , thus so far, has been against the norm in Northern Europe, so you just never know. Certainly, 62/63 will never be forgotten and most rare winter synoptics as 79 was exceptional.

C

5 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Now to top it off, if only we could get a nice '62/'63 winter...not too much to ask for is it 🤨🤔

Preferably followed by a 2007 type summer next year to replenish ground water and keep drought away.

A mild Atlantic driver winter would replenish groundwater much quicker 😉

• Like 2

the current conditions feel way more comfortable, and my rant is about everyone always obsessed with temperature

last thurs / fri, for central and eastern parts, social media was filled with people begging for rain and storms to come

why? humidity... it was so bad, people could not do normal everyday tasks

so for future heatwaves, can we have a little more focus on how humid it's going to be, because that effects people more

than the actual air temperature

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

the current conditions feel way more comfortable, and my rant is about everyone always obsessed with temperature

last thurs / fri, for central and eastern parts, social media was filled with people begging for rain and storms to come

why? humidity... it was so bad, people could not do normal everyday tasks

so for future heatwaves, can we have a little more focus on how humid it's going to be, because that effects people more

than the actual air temperature

Agree! My highest temperatures here were actually in the first half of the month - 32C - but with humidity between 15 and 30%! So much nicer and felt more like inland Spain. Skies are also clearer when the humidity is lower.

I agree totally about the humidity. Yesterday evening it was 20c here with a humidity of 88%. That felt worse to me than 29c and 30% humidity we have had for a lot of the summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

15 c and cloudy ,absolute  crap 

I'll swap,that sounds lovely!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mb018538 said:

I agree totally about the humidity. Yesterday evening it was 20c here with a humidity of 88%. That felt worse to me than 29c and 30% humidity we have had for a lot of the summer.

Its the SWly winds that are the problem, a westerly or north westerly and it wouldn't feel as humid. 

4 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

15 c and cloudy ,absolute  crap 

Bit warmer down south but also a crap cloudy windy day, vile. Skies like this in late July make me wanna puke!

6D5A957C-3C4E-4107-8284-7F0C34A60432.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Three days of heavy rain and a 2 ft deep puddle at the end of my lane, so refreshing ...

Turned out alright here. Couple of early showers, now sunny spells and warm - temp 25c.

On 29/07/2018 at 10:32, stainesbloke said:

That howling wind caught my partners car door yesterday and slammed it on his thumb. After a night of no sleep due to the swelling and pain, I’ve had to take my partner to A&E this morning. He’s had X-rays so far and the swelling is being drained. Hopefully, no broken bones. 

ouch... it was strange in Surrey how strong the wind was in particular Saturday afternoon I know a lot of people said it was just breezy and hardly a hurricane where they were which was I am sure true but it was wild where I was- I was jet washing the drive and it caught the hose and whacked me in the face other than looking a fool no harm done - although I reckon saw one of the neighbours laugh at me !!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

ouch... it was strange in Surrey how strong the wind was in particular Saturday afternoon I know a lot of people said it was just breezy and hardly a hurricane where they were which was I am sure true but it was wild where I was- I was jet washing the drive and it caught the hose and whacked me in the face other than looking a fool no harm done - although I reckon saw one of the neighbours laugh at me !!

You’ve Been Framed moment!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

You’ve Been Framed moment!

!! well if i see it on Harry Hill I will know where it came from !!

Edited by Badgers01
typo
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

I was surprised at all those saying it was just breezy, it was blowing a proper hoolie here all day. Glad you didn’t sustain any injury jet washing. Could have been painful! My OH had to have 3 holes burnt into his thumb nail to relieve all the blood pressing underneath. Was a bit grisly, he’s in much less pain today, thankfully. The codeine wasn’t doing anything, oww.

3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I was surprised at all those saying it was just breezy, it was blowing a proper hoolie here all day. Glad you didn’t sustain any injury jet washing. Could have been painful! My OH had to have 3 holes burnt into his thumb nail to relieve all the blood pressing underneath. Was a bit grisly, he’s in much less pain today, thankfully. The codeine wasn’t doing anything, oww.

I hope your other half  recovers soon, injuries to hands and fingers are painful ... i am sure you can nurse him back to full health :)  

• Like 2

Is it that hard for that intense heat to properly reach us lol give me that extreme heat 🔥

Edited by JK1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

I hope your other half  recovers soon, injuries to hands and fingers are painful ... i am sure you can nurse him back to full health   

Thank you. The injury does sound a bit silly but I know it was very painful, he’s not a complainer but is squeamish. Thankfully, no more howling winds for the foreseeable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Three days of heavy rain and a 2 ft deep puddle at the end of my lane, so refreshing ...

Good Lord - I never knew there were 8000m hills in Cumbria!   Must take some climbing.... 😉 🙂

We have also had three days of rain - heavy showers Saturday, heavy driving rain in strong winds yesterday (more like Autumn), clear overnight and then heavy rain again this morning without the wind.  Pretty normal for here, really.  It's brightened up nicely now, and I'm hoping for a few more settled and warm days up to the weekend.  Everywhere is looking much greener already.

• Like 2

For the weather on the ground, where we live😁 ECM216hrs shows a fresh northerly, now that would feel different.

Who saw that one coming!

Edited by DAVID SNOW
  • Like 2

Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

For the weather on the ground, where we live😁 ECM216hrs shows a fresh northerly, now that would feel different.

Absolutely bizarre from the ECM!

not much, if any, support though for strong ridging to our west, other then transitory features. but in saying that the ukmo also suggests ridging to our west. itll be interesting if tonights NOAAs lend support to that.

tbh.... i dont like the ecm, not because of what its showing but its seemingly odd runs, and its 'drunken spider' isobars..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

not much, if any, support though for strong ridging to our west, other then transitory features. but in saying that the ukmo also suggests ridging to our west. itll be interesting if tonights NOAAs lend support to that.

tbh.... i dont like the ecm, not because of what its showing but its seemingly odd runs, and its 'drunken spider' isobars..

and 27 minutes later todays noaa's DO support the ecm.

4 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

lol.

Staying on topic in here, ECM240hrs is on the cool side but nice in the sunshine(for those that like it)

7 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Well, the experts on here say EC is top model, but steve murr expert, he was saying heat will hit wasn't he