Radar
Snow?
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You didn’t like my attempt at humour?! 

He's shaken but not stirred..

• Like 1

Must admit i'm not a big fan of the heat either which luckily we don't get much of up here 😂 20-25 is ok but when it starts getting into the high 20s or high teens at night that just becomes uncomfortable.Add to that the fact that leaving your window open does nothing when there's no breeze plus you just end up with unwanted wildlife in the house.20 is ideal for me, 30+ for weeks at a time would be my version of hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ross90 said:

Must admit i'm not a big fan of the heat either which luckily we don't get much of up here 😂 20-25 is ok but when it starts getting into the high 20s or high teens at night that just becomes uncomfortable.Add to that the fact that leaving your window open does nothing when there's no breeze plus you just end up with unwanted wildlife in the house.20 is ideal for me, 30+ for weeks at a time would be my version of hell.

Think you'll be ok at your latitude 😜

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

getting 30c into scotland is incredibly rare. even rarer than here. I live on the borderline of the usual N/S splits when heatwaves occur. Never dodge it completely like cumbria etc often do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

yeah but not at 2 am for christ's sake.

Evening Nanuk of the North. I agree; there's nowt worse for sleeping!

• Like 1

Just now, Ed Stone said:

Nanuk's my 2nd cousin twice removed. I'm from the Nenana side of the family.

• Like 1

Just now, Ed Stone said:

Easy ed ,install air conditioners 🤗

Just now, Mokidugway said:

Easy ed ,install air conditioners 🤗

yeah and have a electric bill higher than carol vordeman's IQ.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

You could switch your laptop/pc off? That way you could cover the leccy bill for it, and give the rest of us a break on here. Win win!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Ok then a bloody fan , 19.99 at Argos , running cost of 8 p a day 😂

4 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Ok then a bloody fan , 19.99 at Argos , running cost of 8 p a day 😂

I have one lol. Not much cop when the air is that hot. Better than nothing, but still not enough.

7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

You could switch your laptop/pc off? That way you could cover the leccy bill for it, and give the rest of us a break on here. Win win!

laptop's on battery 😛

I have a better solution, move the heat south.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

laptop's on battery 😛

I have a better solution, move the heat south.

When I was little in the US we directed the fan out of an open window and leave door open in bedroom to suck cooler air from the house 

There is nothing pleasant about the forecast for next week,it looks awful for those of us...whats the word?......oh yes that's it work! 25c plus is a killer,banging headache,literally so dehydrated(ok that's only on my line of work) that you feel ill. Hate it. Least the days will be getting shorter,one plus i suppose!😉

5 minutes ago, markyo said:

There is nothing pleasant about the forecast for next week,it looks awful for those of us...whats the word?......oh yes that's it work! 25c plus is a killer,banging headache,literally so dehydrated(ok that's only on my line of work) that you feel ill. Hate it. Least the days will be getting shorter,one plus i suppose!😉

Some signs that this muck may be summer's swan song. Not getting my hopes up though.

Me (left), them (right)

tumblr_n9phppUE311r8q9x8o1_500.thumb.gif.dac31d2dcc5fc4ac4e5f1d0bab4b25fc.gifCpWYfeyWEAAXgJl.thumb.jpg.2018b7f673025f6759efe06ab3be9f6a.jpg

Edited by Ice Man 85

5 minutes ago, markyo said:

Pretty sure most people work mate.. nothing unusual about that. I travel to work every morning on a train that gets hot and stuffy even in the low 20s with sunshine but that doesn't make me a heat heater. 

Just now, cheese said:

Pretty sure most people work mate.. nothing unusual about that. I travel to work every morning on a train that gets hot and stuffy even in the low 20s with sunshine but that doesn't make me a heat heater. 

if you enjoy heat, thats a moot point.

3 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

if you enjoy heat, thats a moot point.

And you seem to be assuming that most people hate heat - experience tells me that most people don't. They might have to travel to work on hot crowded trains but they also get to enjoy a pint of beer in a pub garden, dine al fresco and have an evening BBQ with friends and family. That's what it comes down to. You take the good with the bad.

Edited by cheese

2 minutes ago, cheese said:

And you seem to be assuming that most people hate heat - experience tells me that most people don't. They might have to travel to work on hot crowded trains but they also get to enjoy a pint of beer in a pub garden, dine al fresco and have an evening BBQ with friends and family. That's what it comes down to. You take the good with the bad.

And they can do all of that in the low-mid 20s I'd have thought. All the while the rest of us aren't dripping like a pot roast.

It rarely gets to warm at night to sleep.. I can count on the fingers of my hand the amount of days i've struggled to sleep.. During the day you get  use to the heat its not extreme heat anyway . I love mid 20s temperatures they are so comfortable to walk about it t-shirts and shorts.

I dear say Londoners will be drowning in their own sweat next week  which pleases me no end 😂

Edited by Mokidugway

4 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

It rarely gets to warm at night to sleep.. I can count on the fingers of my hand the amount of days i've struggled to sleep.. During the day you get  use to the heat its not extreme heat anyway . I love mid 20s temperatures they are so comfortable to walk about it t-shirts and shorts.

And where will have mid 20s? Even scotland could touch 30 going from the ECM. GFS shows overnight temps in some locales at 19c at 2 am...

If you don't call that uncomfortable then you must have asbestos skin.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Just now, Mokidugway said:

I dear say Londoners will be drowning in their own sweat next week  which pleases me no end 😂

they can gather all that and stave off the drought.

Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

they can gather all that and stave off the drought.

Collect it out of the suicide pits on the underground 😂

And where will have mid 20s? Even scotland could touch 30 going from the ECM.

Scotland and 30c? doesn't go hand in hand..