Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

1 minute ago, cheese said:

I'd suggest putting that individual on ignore - does wonders. 

I had them on ignore for about 3 years. Took them off because I thought they might have changed and like giving people a second chance. Seems I was wrong!

lol, you people are too much. For one, this is a forum about the weather.... get a grip of your lives.

Second, just because you want warm hot summers... if I don't see it, i'll post my thoughts to the contrary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, draztik said:

lol, you people are too much. For one, this is a forum about the weather.... get a grip of your lives.

Second, just because you want warm hot summers... if I don't see it, i'll post my thoughts to the contrary. 

Fine but back up your thoughts with some evidence.

5 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

I had them on ignore for about 3 years. Took them off because I thought they might have changed and like giving people a second chance. Seems I was wrong!

He always plays the role of contrarian - it's his raison d'etre on this forum. If everyone was going on about how cold summer 2018 was going to be then he'd be doing the opposite.

• Like 1

Its simple, though. Don't reply to my posts & just ignore me. This incessant need to denegrate someone, just because they dont subscribe to your view of what summer should consist of, or how to interpret a particular model.

Based on analogues and the views of forecasters I respect, I consider on balance, this summer will not be particularly notable in terms of heat. This is my view. The end.

This is a weather forum. This is not life or death. If you dont like a comment someone makes, report it. But nothing I have said has been 'out of line'. You just don't like the view. Thankfully this isnt North Korea.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, draztik said:

Its simple, though. Don't reply to my posts & just ignore me. This incessant need to denegrate someone, just because they dont subscribe to your view of what summer should consist of, or how to interpret a particular model.

Based on analogues and the views of forecasters I respect, I consider on balance, this summer will not be particularly notable in terms of heat. This is my view. The end.

This is a weather forum. This is not life or death. If you dont like a comment someone makes, report it. But nothing I have said has been 'out of line'. You just don't like the view. Thankfully this isnt North Korea.  

Which forecasters? Which analogues?

Just a glance at the gfs next week as it has the Azores briefly becoming influential.

suffering suckertage, a layer of Sc at 3,000ft

sounding.thumb.jpg.d0513b8433d56fecddd65502773dad61.jpg

• Like 1

On 14/06/2018 at 06:58, knocker said:

Just a glance at the gfs next week as it has the Azores briefly becoming influential.

suffering suckertage, a layer of Sc at 3,000ft

sounding.thumb.jpg.d0513b8433d56fecddd65502773dad61.jpg

not that brief. Even so, the 850 temps being shown on the ECM for tuesday would produce (synoptics permitting) 26-30 no trouble. People wonder why I only feel "safe" with low pressure....

The end is in sight,comfort awaits,,,,won't get any lighter earlier in the mornings from now on in my area. 😀 Love this turning point,might get a full nights sleep soon!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, markyo said:

The end is in sight,comfort awaits,,,,won't get any lighter earlier in the mornings from now on in my area. 😀 Love this turning point,might get a full nights sleep soon!

5 days to our first milestone back to sanity. Next is the equinox in september. Better times await once this god awful season is over. If its not heat, its pollen. Doesn't agree with me at all.

• Like 3

On 15/06/2018 at 20:22, Ice Man 85 said:

not that brief. Even so, the 850 temps being shown on the ECM for tuesday would produce (synoptics permitting) 26-30 no trouble. People wonder why I only feel "safe" with low pressure....

archives-2013-8-1-12-0.png archives-2013-8-1-12-1.png

One is not immune from low pressure...

1 hour ago, MP-R said:

archives-2013-8-1-12-0.png archives-2013-8-1-12-1.png

One is not immune from low pressure...

Perhaps that should read "safer". no matter the synoptics, I'm clearly doomed to misery.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Nice to see another nationwide spell of summery warmth on the horizon. The wind and the rain will sure be back at some point but now im revelling in us seeing bucketloads of high pressure just at the right time of year.

• Like 6

Good to know the selfishness runs right through the year on here and not just the winter rabble.

8 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Good to know the selfishness runs right through the year on here and not just the winter rabble.

Better take to a cooler climate for the foreseeable. Hot summer sunshine on the way 😂😂🌶️🌶️🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️🕶️🕶️🕶️🕶️🏖️🏖️🏖️

• Like 2

Wow, people want summery weather in, er, summer. Shockingly selfish, especially when the weather is so crap here most of the time. 

• Like 6

Time for Ice Man to follow in Jack London's footsteps perhaps?:cold:

2 hours ago, Milhouse said:

Nice to see another nationwide spell of summery warmth on the horizon. The wind and the rain will sure be back at some point but now im revelling in us seeing bucketloads of high pressure just at the right time of year.

good, I'm sick of the rain, allergy probs start now too for around 3 months, only affects me when it;s wet

Looking forward to some hot weather so I can laugh at people suffering. Muahahahahahahaha. 😈

4 minutes ago, cheese said:

Looking forward to some hot weather so I can laugh at people suffering. Muahahahahahahaha. 😈

certainly better for allergy bad chests, cooler it is, worse allergy tight chest is

31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Wow, people want summery weather in, er, summer. Shockingly selfish, especially when the weather is so crap here most of the time. 

When they want oppressive conditions it is. people commuting for work in the underground, cramped into hot and humid trains. people who don't have the luxury of working in aircon'd offices?

"summery" for the UK is high teens to lower mid-twenties, this isn't cannes.

Edited by Ice Man 85

The dry ground will certainly help in getting the temps as high as possible.

27 minutes ago, cheese said:

tis hot here already 30c+ all week but im ok i have A/C in my house:snowman-emoji: