Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

4 minutes ago, Matthew. said:

West Wales is racing ahead with sunshine at 100hours whereas some parts of the east have had a third of the value to the 10th

312FF20F-B0CF-4B8E-BBA5-0689357E2AE6.jpeg

10FF261F-20EB-4319-A1F7-D4EDCDE0DCC0.jpeg

Those easterners have had it good over the last few weeks I'd say.

55 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I had to smile at that comment, you should spend a week in this part of the world in early summer. Even your good self might get a touch fed up of what we get while western areas see something yellow in the aky. This morning was the first time with a full sunrise, indeed any sunrise for just over a week. It does get tedious believe me.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

I had to smile at that comment, you should spend a week in this part of the world in early summer. Even your good self might get a touch fed up of what we get while western areas see something yellow in the aky. This morning was the first time with a full sunrise, indeed any sunrise for just over a week. It does get tedious believe me.

You'd think so, but no. Getting comfortable conditions this time of year with high pressure is incredibly difficult. I'd take months of grey skies and rain rather than suffer through a heatwave any day of the week.

Take next monday for example; the azores high shows its face for the first time and the models are already taking the mick.

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

yesterday was only day in around 4 weeks sunny from the word go, no easterly breeze

today is horrible with an easterly breeze

11 minutes ago, knocker said:

Well...the Foehn in Geordie land 😉

f.thumb.png.9a97f8dced320728e0ffa6cdacddb11c.png

Whey aye man. Bring it on!

👍

The unsettled spell looks short lived and the ECM brings in the Azores high next week. Lovely stuff. 

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:04, Ice Man 85 said:

You'd think so, but no. Getting comfortable conditions this time of year with high pressure is incredibly difficult. I'd take months of grey skies and rain rather than suffer through a heatwave any day of the week.

Take next monday for example; the azores high shows its face for the first time and the models are already taking the mick.

Could be a lot worse for you, outlook pretty average.

1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

today your best day this summer?

With luck that will change and keep me basking in sunshine ,let's all hope so 🤤

It would appear, on balance, the chances of a below average summer are now increasing rapidly! Given the background signals & analogues, it might be that, contrary to recent suggestions, summer 2018 will be notable for the lack of hot spells. I do hope Mr Pennell will be sharing his thoughts for July & August. His input, for me at least, is invaluable. 

Edited by draztik

I love this, every time theres good weather its   1976 or 2006 and when the weather is in a blip its back to  well summer is going down hill now.. Absolutely no one saw May turning out like it did. considering the cold winter we had..Come the middle of next week and the weather is settled again.. It will be July is gonna be hottest summer month on record.

Oh and the summer having lack of hot spells  for goodness sake its been wayyyy above average for weeks on end ,albeit the odd day here and there..In a lot of summer months in the past its struggled to get past  14/15c at this current date.

Just now, weatherguru14 said:

Oh and the summer having lack of hot spells  for goodness sake its been wayyyy above average for weeks on end ,albeit the odd day here and there..In a lot of summer months in the past its struggled to get past  14/15c at this current date.

Certain people like winding others up. Don’t bite the bait.

4 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

I love this, every time theres good weather its   1976 or 2006 and when the weather is in a blip its back to  well summer is going down hill now.. Absolutely no one saw May turning out like it did. considering the cold winter we had..Come the middle of next week and the weather is settled again.. It will be July is gonna be hottest summer month on record.

Incorrect. The weather company modelled May well; you are just swinging...

Just now, Djdazzle said:

Certain people like winding others up. Don’t bite the bait.

Yes. When someone has a different viewpoint, they're on the wind up. Thanks for your contribution. I should say, summer this year will be warm, sunny and delightful - as that would suit you. Too bad, for you, I live in the real world.

Looking good for the south east, must be great for northern areas lol

Ok then Draztik can you back up your summer forecast with some charts / info?

23 minutes ago, draztik said:

Incorrect. The weather company modelled May well; you are just swinging...

Yes. When someone has a different viewpoint, they're on the wind up. Thanks for your contribution. I should say, summer this year will be warm, sunny and delightful - as that would suit you. Too bad, for you, I live in the real world.

errrr nope   read this  posted on the 26th of April by the weather company (if I recall correctly we had a few days of hot  weather at the end of April)

Global forecast predicts cool summer in UK

By Brett Gibbons

26 April 2018

Trinity Mirror

Britain could be heading for a cooler-than-usual summer with three months of below-par temperatures and frequent spells of wet weather predicted.

Long-range forecasts for the three months from May, indicate below average values for the UK until the end of July, with a chance of higher-than-average rainfall amounts.

A prolonged period of cooler, wetter weather is expected for the UK and north-west Europe, while the south-east of the continent enjoys more warm and dry conditions, according to respected global forecasters

1 minute ago, weatherguru14 said:

errrr nope   read this  posted on the 26th of April by the weather company (if I recall correctly we had a few days of hot  weather at the end of April)

Global forecast predicts cool summer in UK

By Brett Gibbons

26 April 2018

Trinity Mirror

Britain could be heading for a cooler-than-usual summer with three months of below-par temperatures and frequent spells of wet weather predicted.

Long-range forecasts for the three months from May, indicate below average values for the UK until the end of July, with a chance of higher-than-average rainfall amounts.

A prolonged period of cooler, wetter weather is expected for the UK and north-west Europe, while the south-east of the continent enjoys more warm and dry conditions, according to respected global forecasters

Hardly any (if any) long range forecast is spot on. For all we know both July & August could be record breakingly wet and cool which would still lead to some in here saying it was a poor Summer overall despite what we've had so far.

1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Hardly any (if any) long range forecast is spot on. For all we know both July & August could be record breakingly wet and cool which would still lead to some in here saying it was a poor Summer overall despite what we've had so far.

True :)  Long range forecasts in the UK is virtually impossible. Considering our climate..Thats why the models struggle after a few days to get accuracy

3 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Well we've technically only had 13 days of summer so far. The glorious May was part of spring. 

If July and August were to come in wetter and cooler than average then quite rightly, the summer would be remembered as mixed at best.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Ok then Draztik can you back up your summer forecast with some charts / info?

I'd suggest putting that individual on ignore - really makes the forum a better place.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cheese said:

I'd suggest putting that individual on ignore - does wonders. 

If only. Don't be getting my hopes up. 

• Like 1