Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

It's dull ,summer over massively disappointed , anyhoo got a plane to catch 😂

7 hours ago, cheese said:

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that the weather has been nice in Oldham is a real comfort to people stuck under a layer of North Sea murk. They should just stop moaning.😉

Hey cheese, i watched super league last night and the sky was cloudless in wakefield!!!

:D

Edited by northwestsnow

3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Hey cheese, i watched super league last night and the sky was cloudless in wakefield!!!

:D

It was a nice afternoon to be fair!

1 minute ago, cheese said:

It was a nice afternoon to be fair!

Aye, my father drove to Birmingham yesterday and went through Saddleworth to Holmfirth (scenic route).. he did comment on the cloud cover as soon as he got towards west yorks ..

Its the polar opposite of a westerly were we get the murk/cloud and other side of the hill is lovely and tbh its not very often we get the rub of the green ..

On a brighter note the 00z runs look better today.

Many people on the E coast have been stuck under low cloud/mist/fog for nearly 6 weeks now. That’s just horrific at this time of the year. Loads of clag again over much of S England but it’s breaking up nicely here, the sun is out, hallelujah.

2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Many people on the E coast have been stuck under low cloud/mist/fog for nearly 6 weeks now. That’s just horrific at this time of the year. Loads of clag again over much of S England but it’s breaking up nicely here, the sun is out, hallelujah.

not here though, no sun, 6 weeks murk sea fog, but models look much better next week, high pressure and SW/W winds, best summer setup

• Like 1

3 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Aye, my father drove to Birmingham yesterday and went through Saddleworth to Holmfirth (scenic route).. he did comment on the cloud cover as soon as he got towards west yorks ..

Its the polar opposite of a westerly were we get the murk/cloud and other side of the hill is lovely and tbh its not very often we get the rub of the green ..

On a brighter note the 00z runs look better today.

Agree for my location, but for your location I'd have thought worst weather for 6 weeks?

At last an upturn in fortunes for those on the east coast, though i was fortunate enough to spend the last week in Somerset where it was glorious much of the time. Azores high ridging across southern england produces the warmest conditions over here and thats what the models are suggesting next week.

• Like 1

Really poor runs this morning, looks really wet for most away from the SE as we head through next week.

Hoping the models are overdoing the Atlantic.

5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Really poor runs this morning, looks really wet for most away from the SE as we head through next week.

Hoping the models are overdoing the Atlantic.

If it's any consolation the GFS run this morning is a bit of an outlier compared to the ensembles from the midnight and six o clock runs with around 70-75% of the runs showing high pressure in charge around 240hrs and from around 192hrs at least 60% of them showing HP starting to make in roads hopefully this trend continues within the ensembles on the mid morning run then we shouldn't need to worry about it. 

• Like 1

We're shown to get around 20mm up to the 19th on the latest GFS run. Given that the average June rainfall is around 55mm here and so far we've had practically nothing, I'd suggest it looks fine. Temps look average to slightly above.

And most importantly, I suspect it will be much sunnier than the past 10 days for this part of the world. Will be great to see this North Sea murky rubbish blown away. I will happily take more rain if it means more sunshine too - dry and dull doesn't do much for me.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

If only it could stay like this for the rest of Summer,19/20c bit of breeze,low humidity,bit of sun...perfect even for me!

Doubt it will last though,never does...that awful heat will return i'm sure🙁

3 hours ago, cheese said:

We're shown to get around 20mm up to the 19th on the latest GFS run. Given that the average June rainfall is around 55mm here and so far we've had practically nothing, I'd suggest it looks fine. Temps look average to slightly above.

And most importantly, I suspect it will be much sunnier than the past 10 days for this part of the world. Will be great to see this North Sea murky rubbish blown away. I will happily take more rain if it means more sunshine too - dry and dull doesn't do much for me.

Agree its been bloody horrible and depressing seeing cloud and mist day after day. Been cold too some days with a brisk wind.

3 hours ago, cheese said:

Yes, if it's dull in June, it may as well be raining, the westerlies should be sunnier

tomorrow bbc has thick sea mist affecting here, wonder how long it will take to burn off, took until about 1pm today

GEM being highlighted over in the mod thread - things rly must be dire. 

• Like 1

Looked at the 00z runs, and wished i hadn't!

Looks like this spell of Atlantic weather might actually be here for quite a while as it stands.

13 hours ago, draztik said:

GEM being highlighted over in the mod thread - things rly must be dire. 

What's gone wrong with the 'background' signals...

#Tomorrow..

I love reading this thread and cant believe for once Ireland is having the most incredible spell of good weather. It kind of kicked off middle of may and we have had abundant sunshine during the last 3 weeks with temperatures hovering between 20 - 26 degrees most days,highest readings in the west where I was lucky enough to be on a camper van holiday from the 27th may through to the 3rd of June and spent most if not nearly all of my time in counties  Roscommon , Sligo, mayo, Clare and Galway. there was at least 12-15 hours of sunshine on at least 3 days and 8 -10 hours on other days with temperatures always in the low 20s. Since I have come home to Dublin the last 7 days there have been 81 hours of bright sunshine (196%), zero rainfall and a mean temperature of 13.4 degrees Celsius .On the plus side wind speed averaged 7 mph for the week .This is the most prolonged spell of good weather I can recall since 2006 and already the lawns Dublin are a parched brown. Even more impressive is the town of Shannon  Co Clare in the west which currently has a 2 week mean temperature of 18.6 Celsius .Amazing start to the summer so far in the emerald isle.ON another note and would love to hear from somebody who lives in and around Loftus (samos) and why it always holds the coldest day max temp this time of year. Anyways the sun continues to shine in Dublin until at least Thursday so happy days still continue.. 

• Like 1

Oh those lovely memories of the Beast from the East,so much better than today's humid muck. At least only 10 days to go before the shortening of the days begins,just got to ride out these next 2 months then Autumn approaches,can't wait🤤

Ive got to say the outlook looks very nice indeed with a bit of everything, and certainly not the clickbait 'June Monsoon' headline from a few days ago. Some decent rain forecast to water the garden and a lot of dry and quite warm weather for us easterners. This summer is shaping up nicely!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, markyo said:

Oh those lovely memories of the Beast from the East,so much better than today's humid muck. At least only 10 days to go before the shortening of the days begins,just got to ride out these next 2 months then Autumn approaches,can't wait🤤

That's the first milestone, yeah. Counting down the days until I'm no longer woken at 3 am by birds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Ive got to say the outlook looks very nice indeed with a bit of everything, and certainly not the clickbait 'June Monsoon' headline from a few days ago. Some decent rain forecast to water the garden and a lot of dry and quite warm weather for us easterners. This summer is shaping up nicely!

You've had a "get out of summer free card" over the last month. Should count yourself lucky.

West Wales is racing ahead with sunshine at 100hours whereas some parts of the east have had a third of the value to the 10th

312FF20F-B0CF-4B8E-BBA5-0689357E2AE6.jpeg

10FF261F-20EB-4319-A1F7-D4EDCDE0DCC0.jpeg

Edited by Matthew.
  • Like 2