Sign in to follow this  
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Some of the moaning in the MOD thread is getting really tiresome!!

Some of us have had 5 or 6 weeks of wonderful weather!(For a change).

Indeed we have to put up with it when there's an east west split and the SE always gets good summer weather ,much wants more imo .

14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

More like 2 weeks. In that I mean that the days were warm, but the nights cooled off. That stopped over a fortnight ago and the nights started getting a lot warmer (not to mention humid). Unless conditions can provide warm days (and by that I mean a max of 24) but cool nights, then I'd rather it rain.

4 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

More like 2 weeks. In that I mean that the days were warm, but the nights cooled off. That stopped over a fortnight ago and the nights started getting a lot warmer (not to mention humid). Unless conditions can provide warm days (and by that I mean a max of 24) but cool nights, then I'd rather it rain.

I'm Shure  you'll get your wish July and August will be wet cool and miserable 

Edited by Mokidugway

1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

I'm Shure  you'll get your wish July and August will be wet cool and miserable 

Not my fault that those conditions are so hard to achieve.

13 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Not my fault that those conditions are so hard to achieve.

Nope ,sadly default settings here 💩

3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

change on the way! at last, looks much better for most especially for SE, westerlies at last, not sure how to post charts, but meteociel.fr for models

Not a big fan of westerlies in summer but if it’s sunnier than this set up, bring them on for a while. Hopefully nothing too cold and cloudy though. 

15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not a big fan of westerlies in summer but if it’s sunnier than this set up, bring them on for a while. Hopefully nothing too cold and cloudy though. 

westerlies great surely for Surrey? Jul and Aug completely westerly months, summeriest months for SE, Summer over for far NW, Scotland and Ireland

8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

westerlies great surely for Surrey? Jul and Aug completely westerly months, summeriest months for SE, Summer over for far NW, Scotland and Ireland

It's game over up here though I enjoyed summer ..

20 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It's game over up here though I enjoyed summer ..

you've still got a few days yet, Tuesday the change, and maybe summer over for some areas, far north and west, but south and east, summer should be arriving

Hopefully not game over for summer at its beginning! Will see a bit of an unsettled phase but likely to be short lived. 

2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Hopefully not game over for summer at its beginning! Will see a bit of an unsettled phase but likely to be short lived. 

not in your location! should be just beginning, late June to early Sept for the SE

10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not in your location! should be just beginning, late June to early Sept for the SE

Fingers crossed. As long as it’s sunny, am not that bothered about anything else. Hopefully good for all of the UK.

Nope , game over ,just waiting for cold pooling west of Ireland ,you know it's coming ,big coats and central heating here we come ....

We've seen it so often in recent years. A good spell in early summer, along come the Westerlies. "Just a blip, the background signals etc....". End of August, still waiting. I'm not attacking those who use these signals, they say what they see and make honest predictions. Basic rule, never wish for the end of decent (& in some places excellent) weather, in the hope that something better will turn up. (Not of course that anybody's preference has any effect on the outcome!).

52 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Fingers crossed. As long as it’s sunny, am not that bothered about anything else. Hopefully good for all of the UK.

Appreciated bud but you know the the north west  will end up with pisch ....

10 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

The weather patterns have been different this year, might be a great summer overall, we shall see 👀 

1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

The weather patterns have been different this year, might be a great summer overall, we shall see 👀 

Northerly  tracking jet will  sink south  and try to blow my yard gates in next week ,lol

23 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

You just can’t please some people! The NW has seen (and is still seeing) a period of fine weather. Temps 19-25, sunny cloudless days ... at least two weeks worth! And you’re moaning about westerlies. Get a grip. 

13 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Northerly  tracking jet will  sink south  and try to blow my yard gates in next week ,lol

Lol you're very pessimistic at the moment Moki  :rofl: 

What has wound me up is all those in the East and SE complaining when for once in a blue moon we are getting the best weather when 80% or 90% of the time they get all the heat and sunshine. Also @draztik refer to my sentence above i think he is kinda taking the pee out of some of those moaning about this weeks weather and is one upping them.

Edited by Summerstorm

2 minutes ago, draztik said:

You just can’t please some people! The NW has seen (and is still seeing) a period of fine weather. Temps 19-25, sunny cloudless days ... at least two weeks worth! And you’re moaning about westerlies. Get a grip. 

Long way to fall 😢

2 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

Lol you're very pessimistic at the moment Moki so i'll try and one up you  

What has wound me up is all those in the East and SE complaining when for once in a blue moon we are getting the best weather when 80% or 90% of the time they get all the heat and sunshine as we suffer with the worst of the rain and crap. 

Lol ,I'm shure I'll cheer up when the woodburners on 

1 hour ago, draztik said:

Very true. Having said that, I've seen people in my neck of the woods still in winter coats...

Wish I knew their secret.

7 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that the weather has been nice in Oldham is a real comfort to people stuck under a layer of North Sea murk. They should just stop moaning.😉

Edited by cheese

2 hours ago, Summerstorm said:

Lol you're very pessimistic at the moment Moki  :rofl: 

What has wound me up is all those in the East and SE complaining when for once in a blue moon we are getting the best weather when 80% or 90% of the time they get all the heat and sunshine. Also @draztik refer to my sentence above i think he is kinda taking the pee out of some of those moaning about this weeks weather and is one upping them.

I don't think the weather in Wrexham is normally bad anyway - it's sheltered by the North Welsh mountains. In fact, nearby Hawarden is one of the warmest and sunniest places 'up north' and holds the Welsh heat record. 

But anyway, we are all selfish and want nice weather in our own backyard without caring much about the weather elsewhere. I am counting down the days until the westerlies return even if it means the NW bears the brunt (not unusual at all).

Edited by cheese

14 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

At last, a westerly! make a change after 6 weeks misty cloudy rubbish

gfs-0-162.png?12gfs-0-162.png?12gfs-0-162.png?12

Were you (and maybe some others) on holiday during May?
1731309543_May2018sunshineactual.thumb.gif.70fa0c252c4471cfab1834e142dde5ba.gif73439228_May2018sunshineanomaly.thumb.gif.d52f7a09c107ecb55a27d5b9f2d9efaa.gif
The recent pattern has been bringing more cloud in the east at times but it didn't seem to do the east any disadvantages in May - in fact the SW saw some of the lowest totals but I still thought it was a good month down here.

I've actually been in the Peak District since Monday and it has been mixed fortunes, some cloudy days some sunny. Also been mixed fortunes at home (but warmer at times, the cloud in the south is mainly due to low pressure over the near continent).
However, an E/NE surface flow can actually mean we're one of the warmest places at home (and in a southerly we'd be one of the cooler places).

Edited by Evening thunder