Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yeah - so it's a little strange that the same people who kicked off that 'brawl' last time by attempting to guilt trip other users for having the nerve to enjoy severe weather on a weather forum, are back again making the same stupid/inflammatory comments - but instead of snow, it's thunderstorms. I mean, crikey - what next? Will we get told off for liking sunshine because some people get skin cancer? Am I selfish for not caring about that? Maybe the only appropriate weather is mild and dull - can't imagine anyone dying from that!

Anyone would think that they enjoy starting arguments.. 🙃

Well tell that to the people who've been flooded out of their homes. Be thankful you're not one of them.

Going to leave it at that before the mods have a tizzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of brief thunderstorm downpours on Saturday evening is the only rain I've had since the 11th May. The outlook does have somewhat mixed fortunes though, in fact my area could be a bit cooler than many in some coming days.

Temps still at least average even on the less good days though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well tell that to the people who've been flooded out of their homes. Be thankful you're not one of them.

Going to leave it at that before the mods have a tizzy.

At the end of the day, most of us are on this forum because we like unusual or extreme weather. You're not going to achieve anything by lecturing people. If that annoys you then as I have said a million times already, you're on the wrong forum. 

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheese said:

 

Anyone would think that they enjoy starting arguments.. 🙃

 

Considering you're one of the main instigators, i'd say you quite enjoy it.

Some folk just dont take delight in others misery; 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

At the end of the day, most of us are on this forum because we like unusual or extreme weather. You're not going to achieve anything by lecturing people. If that annoys you then as I have said a million times already, you're on the wrong forum. 

we're here to moan; so we're going to moan. enjoy the ride :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, draztik said:

we're here to moan; so we're going to moan. enjoy the ride :)

So you're essentially a troll. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cheese said:

So you're essentially a troll. Interesting.

drawer_bergens_bridget_on1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Yeah - so it's a little strange that the same people who kicked off that 'brawl' last time by attempting to guilt trip other users for having the nerve to enjoy severe weather on a weather forum, are back again making the same stupid/inflammatory comments - but instead of snow, it's thunderstorms. I mean, crikey - what next? Will we get told off for liking sunshine because some people get skin cancer? Am I selfish for not caring about that? Maybe the only appropriate weather is mild and dull - can't imagine anyone dying from that!

Anyone would think that they enjoy starting arguments.. 🙃

It's as if this is a forum for weather enthusiasts, who would have thought it! 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quicksilver1989 said:

It's as if this is a forum for weather enthusiasts, who would have thought it! 😲

Yeah - it's not as if you'd join this forum for any other reason, is it? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each to their own if that's how you get your jollies, but I don't understand how anyone can find excitement or joy in something that harms other people. These floods and storms have claimed lives just as they did during the easterly in february.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Each to their own if that's how you get your jollies, but I don't understand how anyone can find excitement or joy in something that harms other people. These floods and storms have claimed lives just as they did during the easterly in february.

You don't need to understand - you just need to stop going on about it all the time like a broken record. Can you do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cheese said:

You don't need to understand - you just need to stop going on about it all the time like a broken record. Can you do that?

you're the one who jumped in and started this "argument" my friend. And ironically I wasn't the one to bring up the rains in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

you're the one who jumped in and started this "argument" my friend. And ironically I wasn't the one to bring up the rains in the first place.

I know - how unreasonable of me to object to the implication that I'm selfish and revel in the misery and misfortune of others because I enjoy thunderstorms. 

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t often post on here but Ice Man 85, I have to seriously challenge your views on people’s love for ‘extreme weather’. I haven’t read of anyone excited that floods, extreme high or low temperatures could result in death or even life consequences. No one wants anything like that! As for anything ‘extreme’ with our weather more recently, the temperatures cumulatively are higher and there have been a few storms with big rainfall totals, but hardly the extremes other warmer countries can have in such conditions.

We are actually lucky to live in a country that our extremes are less so really compared to many others! Where are the hurricanes and extreme droughts that other countries suffer? Just look at the lightning storms that have killed dozens in India very recently!

If anything, people such as the many homeless can get killed from a few cold nights below zero which is hardly extreme as one example! A first warm spell of the year as another can and does often result in tragic consequences when people take a plunge in cold waters!

I’d also challenge your views in that it’s the same fanatics of more extreme weather that are the first in warning and raising awareness of any danger to those less informed and more vulnerable. As noted, I very rarely post but your views although with a good underlying sentiment, in my personal view (and others it seems), are without doubt misplaced at best. 

 

Edited by Mr Bartlettazores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not had a huge chance to take a look at things this morning but on the surface of it gfs appears to resist temptation to fully regress HP to Greenland and keeps us in a generally slack flow primarily from the Eastlerly quadrant resulting warm, fairly humid conditions with occasional thundery outbreaks until all but the last few frames of the run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr Bartlettazores said:

I don’t often post on here but Ice Man 85, I have to seriously challenge your views on people’s love for ‘extreme weather’. I haven’t read of anyone excited that floods, extreme high or low temperatures could result in death or even life consequences. No one wants anything like that! As for anything ‘extreme’ with our weather more recently, the temperatures cumulatively are higher and there have been a few storms with big rainfall totals, but hardly the extremes other warmer countries can have in such conditions.

We are actually lucky to live in a country that our extremes are less so really compared to many others! Where are the hurricanes and extreme droughts that other countries suffer? Just look at the lightning storms that have killed dozens in India very recently!

If anything, people such as the many homeless can get killed from a few cold nights below zero which is hardly extreme as one example! A first warm spell of the year as another can and does often result in tragic consequences when people take a plunge in cold waters!

I’d also challenge your views in that it’s the same fanatics of more extreme weather that are the first in warning and raising awareness of any danger to those less informed and more vulnerable. As noted, I very rarely post but your views although with a good underlying sentiment, in my personal view (and others it seems), are without doubt misplaced at best. 

 

You're twisting my words. I never said that they were excited at the "life and death" of people. I said I didn't understand how they got excited at *conditions* that can and have led to that. Those are two different things. To me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why do the met office keep mentioning severe storms today. i think the amber warning was over the top

it's not as bad as Saturday evening / night

i know they are concerned about the slow moving showers and storms

they don't mean 'severe' as in USA Plain's style supercells

radar or lightning maps, don't look that impressive to me

i guess, the Uk version of severe storm, is standard but slow moving storms, dumping a lot of rain, and causing flash flooding

Many places are of course, missing them completely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevofunnelcl said:

why do the met office keep mentioning severe storms today. i think the amber warning was over the top

it's not as bad as Saturday evening / night

i know they are concerned about the slow moving showers and storms

they don't mean 'severe' as in USA Plain's style supercells

radar or lightning maps, don't look that impressive to me

i guess, the Uk version of severe storm, is standard but slow moving storms, dumping a lot of rain, and causing flash flooding

Many places are of course, missing them completely

Simple really: if they made little of it and places flooded, their heads would be on pikes. They're basically covering their backsides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current synopsis a bit different to '75

 

Edited by knocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vile cloudy day here. Getting so bored of constant cloud with this set up, which on face of it, promises nice weather. Ok, it’s better than windy, cool and cloudy Atlantic crap, which is always a danger. But forecasts have consistently turned out below par, with loads more cloud than forecast, subsequently actual temperatures are a lot lower and I’ve hardly seen any thundery activity at all. Not much useful rain either, with constant trips to the allotment to water stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Another vile cloudy day here. Getting so bored of constant cloud with this set up, which on face of it, promises nice weather. Ok, it’s better than windy, cool and cloudy Atlantic crap, which is always a danger. But forecasts have consistently turned out below par, with loads more cloud than forecast, subsequently actual temperatures are a lot lower and I’ve hardly seen any thundery activity at all. Not much useful rain either, with constant trips to the allotment to water stuff. 

change on the way! at last, looks much better for most especially for SE, westerlies at last, not sure how to post charts, but meteociel.fr for models

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a nice change for the west to get the decent weather but it looks like  there's a slide in the weather coming probably spelling the end of summer conditions till next year .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know what this cloud is you are talking about seen hardly any today :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the moaning in the MOD thread is getting really tiresome!!

Some of us have had 5 or 6 weeks of wonderful weather!(For a change).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...