Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
7 hours ago, knocker said:

From a meteorological perspective we have just had two of the most interesting periods of weather for many a year which as a bonus threw the hard core chionophiles a couple of meaty bones to chew on . And yet they are still not satisfied and are now wittering on about how lubbly it would be if Easter and beyond heralded more cold and unpleasant weather. In fact one gets the impression that they would like nothing better than bypassing Spring altogether.

I am beginning to suspect that it would be doing a great kindness to humanely euthanize them so as to permanently alleviate this state of permanent dissatisfaction.

Oooo that last sentence hehe,    but seriously I can understand why people want cold ice and snow in winter , and then want warm in summer, pretty normal,   but there are some who like sub zero temp for 365 days of the year in the uk , they must be mentally sick, yes I mean that, 

Dont they understand the consequences of that  , Nothing growing , collapsed economy, basically the UK would be a uninhabitable wasteland , the irony is they wouldn't even be around to enjoy their forever beloved sub  zero temps and snow , they would have died off , no food , no milk ,no corn and wheat growing for bread and cereals the all the staples, no vegetables ,   They would have to move to somewhere warm....  ouch  

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Im still not allowed to post in the MOD thread months later, thats surely got to be worth a moan :D

C'mon guys , lets not argue over who was right and who was wrong, im wrong 99% of the time :D

Reading this thread made me chuckle everything is easier said with hindsight I don’t quite like those who go told you so a large amount of time model output put emphasis in SE. It trended unfavourably selfishly speaking with a countrywide hit and greatest instability was seen in Lincolnshire the county got buried also residual cloud was an inhibitor. We are all wrong at some point it’s impossible to be 100% weather is so fluid. And time to lift your ban! BST soon count less rowdy time. :D 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

I remember 2013 didn't get any real spring warmth through April and the first half of May.  The next 10 days are showing below average temperatures of 10-11C highs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see April continue this cold trend.  I want some spring warmth now.  Sick of snow! Enjoyed the winter wonderland that was early Dec in Coventry and early March brought another good sledging day with the kids.  But this latest snow has been and gone with a cold wind so we didn't feel like going out in it.

pinning my hopes on the ECM 12Z delivering an Azores high, but confidence is low!

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 1

Posted

Could this turn out be the coldest Feb-April period on record , or are we well short ?  it will be interesting how it compares , we will see by the end of April I suppose 

Edited by IanR

Posted
38 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Reading this thread made me chuckle everything is easier said with hindsight I don’t quite like those who go told you so a large amount of time model output put emphasis in SE. It trended unfavourably selfishly speaking with a countrywide hit and greatest instability was seen in Lincolnshire the county got buried also residual cloud was an inhibitor. We are all wrong at some point it’s impossible to be 100% weather is so fluid. And time to lift your ban! BST soon count less rowdy time. :D 

Yes agree with all that Daniel.

Tis a shame i cant post in the mod thread, i really dont mind anyone getting snow, i actually do visit regionals where snow is forecast to wish my best :)

Posted
43 minutes ago, IanR said:

Oooo that last sentence hehe,    but seriously I can understand why people want cold ice and snow in winter , and then want warm in summer, pretty normal,   but there are some who like sub zero temp for 365 days of the year in the uk , they must be mentally sick, yes I mean that, 

Dont they understand the consequences of that  , Nothing growing , collapsed economy, basically the UK would be a uninhabitable wasteland , the irony is they wouldn't even be around to enjoy their forever beloved sub  zero temps and snow , they would have died off , no food , no milk ,no corn and wheat growing for bread and cereals the all the staples, no vegetables ,   They would have to move to somewhere warm....  ouch  

Couldn't have put it better. Thankfully the ECM is trying to urinate on a few bonfires...if it comes to pass then it's a chance for those of us who aspire to having a life to be able to get out and enjoy it

Edited by Peejayem
Spelling

1 minute ago, Peejayem said:

Couldn't have put it better. Thankfully the ECM is trying to urinate on a few bonfires...if it comes to pass then it's a chance for those of us who aspire to having a life to be able to get out and enjoy

It seems most folk who want icy weather 24/7/365 are mostly office workers retired or on benefits ,bugger anyone else who has to interact with poor cold weather .

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes agree with all that Daniel.

Tis a shame i cant post in the mod thread, i really dont mind anyone getting snow, i actually do visit regionals where snow is forecast to wish my best :)

I’ve come close to having my post privileges taken away in mod thread which I objected with hey ho I empathise. It is a more dull place without you time for Paul or one of the team to lift it, is it permanent? 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It seems most folk who want icy weather 24/7/365 are mostly office workers retired or on benefits ,bugger anyone else who has to interact with poor cold weather .

Either that or a bit unhinged

Posted
1 hour ago, IanR said:

Could this turn out be the coldest Feb-April period on record , or are we well short ?  it will be interesting how it compares , we will see by the end of April I suppose 

Are you serious?

Not a chance, anyone remember February-April 1986?! That period was colder than most of the winters of the 1960s!

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
1 hour ago, Peejayem said:

Couldn't have put it better. Thankfully the ECM is trying to urinate on a few bonfires...if it comes to pass then it's a chance for those of us who aspire to having a life to be able to get out and enjoy it

Just had to quote you on this...Those of us who aspire to having a life to be able to get out and enjoy it? 

I have had a fantastic time outdoors every month since Winter began - numerous snowboarding adventures in the Cairngorms, Munro climbing in the Southern Highlands and some fantastic hill walking all over Scotland - light winds, clear blue skies and powder snow galore! It has been a truly glorious few months to be outside and enjoy life but I guess it depends on ones physical state and preference of weather.

Personally it has been the greatest Winter of my life for memorable events and doing all the above! I will be sad when the snow/calm days end on the hills/mountains but I also love warm Spring days and hot Summer days so it’s win/win for me when these finally arrive! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, TEITS said:

I think you are yet again misunderstanding 

As for belittling people. I simply corrected an  error you made when assuming 5mm of precip would instantly mean 2 inches of snowfall.

Okay

Firstly i said 5mm of ppn which would equate to a couple of inches....

I never said that would actually be the case.

Secondly you said areas such as where you lived would be dry..... it wasnt

Thirdly the chart only went out to midnight Saturday leaving another 24 hours left to be decided. So the chart you where using couldn't possibly show the weekend in full so you couldn't makr the judgement you made.

Forthly you used a 3 hour ppn chart to shiw the whole weekend was dry. Only after i pointed that out did you backtrack towards showing where the showers would be 

The after all that yiu came on this thread having a go at people not swallowing your post.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Just had to quote you on this...Those of us who aspire to having a life to be able to get out and enjoy it? 

I have had a fantastic time outdoors every month since Winter began - numerous snowboarding adventures in the Cairngorms, Munro climbing in the Southern Highlands and some fantastic hill walking all over Scotland - light winds, clear blue skies and powder snow galore! It has been a truly glorious few months to be outside and enjoy life but I guess it depends on ones physical state and preference of weather.

Personally it has been the greatest Winter of my life for memorable events and doing all the above! I will be sad when the snow/calm days end on the hills/mountains but I also love warm Spring days and hot Sunmer days so it’s win/win for me when these finally arrive! 

It wasn't a dig at anyone who enjoys cold weather....more a rebuke at those gleefully chasing all year round. Glad you enjoyed the snow and the opportunities it presented...unfortunately in my part of the world it wasn't so idyllic ?

Edited by Peejayem
Missing bit
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Peejayem said:

Either that or a bit unhinged

You are very restrained.

I am more than fed up with the desire for cold by some. I would like to say something that include "off".  Isn't there anything else in life?

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

majority of the population then :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Pops head back in after stag do in Riga (minus 10c whilst there this weekend), same old 2 threads, one wanting permanent winter with no mention of anything else and just a big clique, the other just the personal digs thread. Zzzz

So I gather my wedding in mid April will now be a snowy one according to the experts, oh the joy. Hopefully it'll snow all year as well.

Pops head back out forever more.

Posted

Heaven knows what visitors think of some of the silly bickering that goes on in this thread, yes I know it is the modell/,moans and ramps thread but NOT the jibes and digs at folk, model moans etc not personal digs PLEASE!

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
6 hours ago, johnholmes said:

Heaven knows what visitors think of some of the silly bickering that goes on in this thread, yes I know it is the modell/,moans and ramps thread but NOT the jibes and digs at folk, model moans etc not personal digs PLEASE!

Some posts have gone.

Some need to take note of Johns post above.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
23 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

You talk as if those who want to chase cold and snow at this time of the year actually control the weather, they don't! So if you end up having to go out and interact with that freezing cold weather then how about morning at the reason why your out there, be it the outdoor work you voluntarily decided to take on  or whatever else the reason is your out there, that ain't the fault of those who want cold weather all the time. 

If its gonna get cold  for Easter then oh well, in that case I hope its cold enough for snow again as cold rain doesn't float my boat, I'd like nothing more then some spring warmth now but I don't look like getting any of that anytime soon going by the models. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

I'd be interested to know what, those who love cold weather throughout the year, actually would be their ideal? 

What do you do with it when it is thinking of coming, here and the aftermath?

Edited by Snipper

3 minutes ago, Smartie said:

You talk as if those who want to chase cold and snow at this time of the year actually control the weather, they don't! So if you end up having to go out and interact with that freezing cold weather then how about morning at the reason why your out there, be it the outdoor work you voluntarily decided to take on  or whatever else the reason is your out there, that ain't the fault of those who want cold weather all the time. 

If its gonna get cold  for Easter then oh well, in that case I hope its cold enough for snow again as cold rain doesn't float my boat, I'd like nothing more then some spring warmth now but I don't look like getting any of that anytime soon going by the models. 

It's spring and it's coming ????

Posted
52 minutes ago, IanR said:

a bit aggressive ? So that was the bright orange flame over Irlam last night I could see,  you blowing your top  

No, you got the wrong stack, it wasn't me blowing mine, it was Carrington's petrochemicals, blowing theirs.

Posted

Oh god, when the models start trending towards some warmer weather, I'm going to be jumping for joy. I'm a coldy at heart, but I like my cold during the Winter, and preferably measured in feet. This extended Spring cold is starting to grate! :wallbash:

Edited by Nizzer

Posted

O gawd i thought i would never say this but im a bit fed up of the cold now!!

I dont mind late season cold but end of March into April is pushing it even for me, would love to feel the warm sun on my back now.

Was supposed to be going canaries in 3 weeks but the missus says no, thats a real body blow.

• Like 1