Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Can't back it up or prove it,but i was around in 87 and this as 87 all over it.

• Like 1

Posted

weird vibe to the weather at the moment. The strengthening sunlight and blue skies are giving me a proper spring feeling, but obviously we know what's just around the corner.

• Like 2

Posted
35 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Wonder how soon Exeter will put on warnings for snow showers for Monday which is already in range.

Doubt we will see anything before Sat evening in terms of region specific snow warnings, they'll need to be sure of flow/small features etc - look at the FAX charts for an idea of their thinking.  Generalised cold and ice warnings probably a lot sooner.

Edited by swebby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

When will the BBC put a news article on the incoming severe cold spell based on further stonking model output so far ? Sky and ITN have long since smelt the coffee. ??

Edited by prolongedSnowLover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Looking at some of those wind-chill values, time to crack out the t-shirt & shorts. heh

Watch out for the post-people - postal workers next week, strolling around in their shorts

Talk about freezing flesh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

In Essex parlence, that UKMO is 'taters. Throw it on the pile with the rest of them!

If this were bog-standard cold weather at the end of February I'd be cursing about now, but this very much looks like turning into something not seen here since I were a lad. If it pans out per today's output, synoptically something you'll see here only a handful of occasions in a lifetime. At this time of year, possibly only once.

As a lover of photography, there could be some amazing opportunities for shots around the country next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
23 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

In Essex parlence, that UKMO is 'taters. Throw it on the pile with the rest of them!

If this were bog-standard cold weather at the end of February I'd be cursing about now, but this very much looks like turning into something not seen here since I were a lad. If it pans out per today's output, synoptically something you'll see here only a handful of occasions in a lifetime. At this time of year, possibly only once.

As a lover of photography, there could be some amazing opportunities for shots around the country next week.

Especially if you get over the A12 and walk along the river towards Papermill Lock, I've got some amazing photographs of the area from past winters!

Opps sorry I shouldn't probably have posted comment on this feed.

Edited by trickybirdy
Apologising for posting on the wrong thread.
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, trickybirdy said:

Especially if you get over the A12 and walk along the river towards Papermill Lock, I've got some amazing photographs of the area from past winters!

Thanks for the tip!

Posted
1 minute ago, Number 23 said:

Thanks for the tip!

No problem, you could start at the Fox and Raven, you will come to a part of the river where there are lots of canal boats moored too. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, trickybirdy said:

No problem, you could start at the Fox and Raven, you will come to a part of the river where there are lots of canal boats moored too. 

That sounds perfect - pint first of course! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, stevofunnelcl said:

Looking at some of those wind-chill values, time to crack out the t-shirt & shorts. heh

Watch out for the post-people - postal workers next week, strolling around in their shorts

Talk about freezing flesh

Ay if anyone is 25 stone, will never get cold, me at 124 lbs, too cold for shorts

Posted
3 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

That sounds perfect - pint first of course! 

If its going to be as cold as predicted, Sambuca or Brandy!  Or you could probably put a nip in a hip flask to warm the cockles! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

And back in the room!

I heard a rumour its going to be chilly soon....so I thought I'd pop back in

My attention was particularly drawn to predicted precipitation a week on Saturday lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

busiest time on here tends to be 10-11pm, but still expect forum on and off really for next 2 weeks, anytime of day

Posted

Worth noting that morning and evening rush hours are in daylight in March, which should help.  Personally I hated 2010 much more than 2013 because I was on a Pennine road every day at 6 am in the dark.  Scary as hell, I couldn't see the front of my car let alone the nearest farmhouse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

BBC weather.....a disgrace.  Thin wedge of Eastern seaboard seeing very mild, most of N America in the freezer but they talk of NYC mild/warmth.  Classic propaganda as the layman will say.....really warm in America.  Shte

BFTP.

• Like 4

Posted

Confused about the temps being shown for next week. For my location, it shows for example, - 1c daytime max for next Wednesday. Fair enough, but it has night time lows either side of it as - 3c. 

That would make last night colder than any night next week.