Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

3 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

That one is even better, bravo! Do you do weddings or barmitzvahs?

Only when the weather is mild (which will probably be next week as our cold is shunted towards Maghreb).

Those screaming the south needs the coldest uppers seem to think the western side of the north doesn't exist, we also need the coldest uppers to produce more sustained convection and the potential for troughs to drag that precipitation over to the west coast. I don't care if these synoptics bury the entire North East of England and Scotland; I don't live there anymore. I need very cold uppers in order for more convection to be formed in the north sea, the more convection that's formed the better chance I have of some getting to me. The ideals a polar low as shown in some other recent runs, but that's unrealistic.

Edited by Paul

Just now, cheese said:

Only when the weather is mild (which will probably be next week as our cold is shunted towards Maghreb).

You mean the Maghreb, it is a region rather than a specific country. Definite article is required!

Just now, Seasonality said:

You mean the Maghreb, it is a region rather than a specific country. Definite article is required!

Sorry, sir. You are correct.

Guys, please tell me what you're celebrating?! Nothings changed! Just another variation of the cold spell that's coming next week! 

Edited by Nizzer

1 minute ago, cheese said:

Sorry, sir. You are correct.

Book your trip to Morocco, send us snow pics.

have the wheels started to come off, that is why the champers were on ice

I think even the Met Office went too soon, with the hype, and talk of the 'beast'

The High from the North, sinks the Beast from the East

think we have now peaked with the EPIC charts...

attention now turns to the features that will pop up as we close in on next week, these will favour some and not others in terms of snow potential and depth of cold!

Lots in the MOD thread will soon be focusing on the end of said cold spell before it has kicked in properly i reckon too.

the joys :pardon:

21 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

No, no. Being cautious is fine. There is a line between being cautious and winding people up though (you're not crossing it btw).

But it’s just so stupid how people get their hopes up multiple times every winter when it’s never that promising and then moan when it goes Pete Tong. People act as if the cautious people are causing warmer weather.

21 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

In my opinion, if I wanted to be cautious, I wouldn't visit this site, I would just visit the BBC/Met Office site. I want ramping and excitement. I want members digging out the coldest and snowiest perturbations. If you don't want to be dissapointed, get your weather news from the pro's!

If you want cold charts and aren’t bothered about whether they verify then I’ll send you a load of maps and some crayons? I come here to get an idea of what is likely to happen in the near to distant future.

Just now, Danielvn said:

But it’s just so stupid how people get their hopes up multiple times every winter when it’s never that promising and then moan when it goes Pete Tong. People act as if the cautious people are causing warmer weather.

It's been this way since the site started. It was like that on the old BBC Snow Watch forum too! It's why most people visit. The chase is sometimes just as good as the actual outcome! It would be rather boring if you just had one or two guys posting a weather forecast everyday wouldn't it?!

4 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I was never going to get excited anyway  ,yes that's me the hole in the mint ,lol

IMG_1684.PNG

Erm....and me :D

I'm here in Derry, NW Ireland. We were earmarked to get some of the worst of the PM blast, with the models predicting plenty of snow showers, a lot of people were pushing it on here as "The most potent PM" or ramping it to an unnecessary degree.  What did we get? A bit of sleet and thats it as a low leveller.

It is unfortunate really that a lot of people on the MAD thread can have the disposition to unnecessarily ramp and when things go rotten, others decide to depress the rest. Its childish really. Writing off runs when they aren't done, ignoring certain models and pushing others because it shows a favourable outcome. Too many times this winter have we had the same rampers quote the FI and treat it as gospel, the next day they are nowhere to be seen. Same for the depressants. Edit: Not too long ago when I think there was a slack easterly or something, and a run gave off something really well people started going into hysteria in the MAD thread. Its not giving you a good shape if you are a newcomer and don't know who to ignore and who to actually pay credence towards.

Edited by parrotingfantasist

10 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

have the wheels started to come off, that is why the champers were on ice

I think even the Met Office went too soon, with the hype, and talk of the 'beast'

The High from the North, sinks the Beast from the East

12z - and here it is!

66666654344444444444444.thumb.png.1bee5e339bd23d563fe06d6bf0793dbb.png

8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I was never going to get excited anyway  ,yes that's me the hole in the mint ,lol

IMG_1684.PNG

Oh well.

22 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Knew it

Ay, bbc might be onto something with cold and dry, certainly turns drier, less cold uppers anyway from the north on GFS 12Z, certainly no beast here

gfs-0-222.png?12

19 minutes ago, Danielvn said:

Well yes, I must agree with you there. I think we can agree that extremes and dramatics in either direction can be a bit tiresome.

I think there is to much emphasis on snow.

In reality I don't  think they will be much snow away from eastern areas. 

It will be largely dry sunny but bitterly cold.

Just now, sorepaw1 said:

I think there is to much emphasis on snow.

In reality I don't  think they will be much snow away from eastern areas. 

It will be largely dry sunny but bitterly cold.

certainly what GFS 12Z suggests, but 06Z was snowy, GEM is snowy

Anyway, we're miles better placed than this time last year, getting ready for horrid storm Doris, vile weather day that

archives-2017-2-23-12-0.png