Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

16 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Hello fellow Chelmsfordian.

Don't whatever you do do not get @weirp started on Brexit.:pardon:

By the way Weirpig Jena sends her regards and we both trust you are well. :)The forthcoming deep freeze will be quite an experience for her as she will not have witnessed anything like it before.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hello there - is the 'claret' a wine preference or a football one? Looks like we may be in the firing line, here but we'll see.

Oh no, don't want to bring the carnage on here as well!

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

can i tell people it's coming, yet?

Whats the first rule of cold club?

Met Eireann  are still being overly cautious with next weeks freeze saying that detail is uncertain.     -Early days of Next Week: The details of further outlook remain uncertain and will be monitored for detail. At the moment it looks like it will be a cold regime for early days of next week with easterly winds, and frosty nights with sub zero temperatures. There is a risk of some wintry showers in some eastern and southern coastal counties and some may be of snow, but mainly dry elsewhere.

I just dont know what they are expecting

Edited by DOdo

Although we're probably the laughing stock of Europe watching us sliding around on a mere few inches of snow, I think what sets the UK apart is that we make neither personal nor infrastructural investment to deal with deep cold. We just don't experience enough to warrant it.

Similarly, we have the same with hot weather! It does make you appreciate the 'boring' climate we have here - means we spend less time dealing with and paying for relief from it.

i so nearly told my family to stock up on supplies as there is some really cold snowy weather on the way, but as i have this nagging doubt about this going wrong, watered down to a cpl of day chilly spell or even worse, i decided that its best not to say anything and anyone and just let the daily express ruin it for us, lol

6 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

Whats the first rule of cold club?

that's a no then lol

Just now, sparky1972 said:

i so nearly told my family to stock up on supplies as there is some really cold snowy weather on the way, but as i have this nagging doubt about this going wrong, watered down to a cpl of day chilly spell or even worse, i decided that its best not to say anything and anyone and just let the daily express ruin it for us, lol

only way I reckon it could go wrong is milder from the north late next week, but even so beast from Sun to Wed/Thur

GFS op though, no sign of that!

OMG, i see theweatheroutlook.com use the GFS as their forecasting model and i have to say that is looking very chilly, but what staggers me more is on day 16 of the long range forecast it has max daytime temp of -6c, i know it wont happen but dont think i have seen that in a forecast before.

BBC weather forecast says dry and cold next week no mention of snow. 

Yet the met office says snow for my area in North Yorkshire. 

5 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

BBC weather forecast says dry and cold next week no mention of snow. 

Yet the met office says snow for my area in North Yorkshire. 

Hi sawpaw - I remember you from metmonkey! 

Just goes to show the difference it makes now the been use MeteoGroup and not the metoffice!

All of Europe under the freezing temperatures except Spain, this will hurt A LOT

icon-1-177_vgn9.png

Great End Cumbria

Apparent attempt on SW Gully,

No Crampons

Casualty enjoying a bobsleigh ride with a sore knee.

Good effort.

imgID146455671.jpg.gallery.thumb.jpg.eea668607e78074556adb594623dd751.jpgimgID146455678.jpg.gallery.thumb.jpg.91136164cb02334194e5e5204840eeef.jpg

Looks slippy.

Looks like we are now in the 'It's just one run' phase of model watching. I think I know where this is leading to..

3 minutes ago, cheese said:

Looks like we are now in the 'It's just one run' phase of model watching. I think I know where this is leading to..

Edit: Deleted.

Edited by Seasonality

53 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Met office updated their outlook. Coming on board 

I wonder whether the MOD thread had a word?

Edited by knocker

2 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

What on earth are you on about?

It's going to go tits up - that's what I'm 'going on about'. As soon as people start telling themselves that it's just one run, it's usually a good indicator that things are not going according to plan (and that 'just one run' ends up being a trend or the eventual reality).

Edited by cheese

Starting to wobble a bit in the mad thread high pressure blowing up too much would still keep us cold and if it was clear high potentially amazing blue skies and harsh frost at night and a bit springlike day time ..? Could be worse ..?

Just now, cheese said:

It's going to go tits up - that's what I'm 'going on about'. As soon as people start telling themselves that it's just one run, it's usually a good indicator that things are not going according to plan (and that 'just one run' ends up being a trend or the eventual reality).

Well of course, because comments on a model thread dictate the weather. Enjoy your schadenfreude. 

Looks like the 'told you so's' are waking up :nea:. What happened to the good old days, when people came on here to discuss the weather and not each other?!

1 minute ago, Seasonality said:

Well of course, because comments on a model thread dictate the weather. Enjoy your schadenfreude. 

No, they don't - but comments on a model thread do reflect what the models are showing (rampers excepted because they see what they want to see). 

Edited by cheese