Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

have i missed something, mod thread says cold incomming, in here says shorts and t-shirt.

Wow new model Ekaf gong for 20cm countrywide next Sunday and a protracted 4 week very cold spell....Ekaf is a new model built in USA.

1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Wow new model Ekaf gong for 20cm countrywide next Sunday and a protracted 4 week very cold spell....Ekaf is a new model built in USA.

Hope it's better than a Chevrolet classic :rofl:

51 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yes weren't they great. Unfortunately not common down here although there is an ongoing Red project.

They’re gorgeous!

This might sound ridiculous but I didn’t realise they’re as red as that!

2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Hope it's better than a Chevrolet classic :rofl:

Looks a good model but just released the Ekaf, NOAA built in 2016 when Trump became president.

20 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Just ordered this for next week lol

1CCA50BC-6B3E-487A-8C45-7E14E6D76F3D.png

bit mild, next week looks like 9° in our locations, week after possible beast

17 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

bit mild, next week looks like 9° in our locations, week after possible beast

Coat not being delivered until Thursday/Friday, sounds about right to in. 😂👍

1 hour ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Was it programmed by Trump?

1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

no, read it backwards

Yes I know, it spells out FAKE, hence my reference to Trump ...........

Does the upcoming Snowmageddon mean that I can stop lamppost watching on the Winter Olympics? :yahoo:

9 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Good to see Steve murr whipping everyone up to a frenzy...... one day it will come off

His sausage :shok:

16 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Good to see Steve murr whipping everyone up to a frenzy...... one day it will come off

And they’ll continue to believe it every time...

23 hours ago, Hirudine said:

Hah! Anyone who gripes are welcome to spend a day working with me in sub zero temps.

Aye , played that game 😞

The MAD thread need to be careful what they wish for. 1cm of snow crippled the motorways not long back. If this comes off as projected, the country would be in pandemonium. Not to mention, the GFS is keen on shunting it away very quickly. I'd rather a prolonged, dry easterly but to each their own.

Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

The MAD thread need to be careful what they wish for. 1cm of snow crippled the motorways not long back. If this comes off as projected, the country would be in pandemonium. Not to mention, the GFS is keen on shunting it away very quickly. I'd rather a prolonged, dry easterly but to each their own.

I agree , easier toook after animals.

There are still obviously variations showing but it certainly looks positive going forward. I cannot deny that I am excited because I don't think I have ever had this expression written across my face on so many consecutive model runs (ops, means etc) whilst a member of this forum.

tenor.thumb.gif.02c6cdeb61581c0f516941af47546050.gif

Hopefully we see these excellent charts continue as we progress through the week and fingers and toes crossed it delivers a final bite of winter this season for us cold & snow lovers to enjoy. A lot of the analysis since the SSW kicked in has been excellent. Whilst we have had people explain nothing is guaranteed and I try to remain grounded, monitoring potential stratospheric influences on our weather has been and continues to be fascinating (if a tad nerve-wracking). :laugh:

Whatever the outcome, this sort of model watching is a big reason why I have such an interest in meteorology. Once Spring eventually sets in, I thenstart my thunderstorm searching :D 

I really can not bear to look at the 00z runs.

Im so excited by the 18z GFS - but im equally scared EC 12Z will come to frution- and the French nick all that siberian cold and snow.

Just got to get EC 00z at 72 hours to look like gfs and i will relax.