Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Jeez, you’re brave posting that. Do you have a death wish lol? 

Hah! Anyone who gripes are welcome to spend a day working with me in sub zero temps.

11 minutes ago, Hirudine said:

As much as I'm not enamoured of another cold spell, I hope the model forecasts firm up soon so I can plan what days to take off. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't last too long- was enjoying the daffs and crocus that were starting to appear!

You're the football fan who walks into your local towns biggest home fan pub with an away shirt on aren't you?

2 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

You're the football fan who walks into your local towns biggest home fan pub with an away shirt on aren't you?

More like walks into a pub showing the World Cup Final, and asks them to put University Challenge on ;p

#Refuse to believe until its t96!!

Fabulous 18z now i cant bear to watch the 00z runs for fear of downgrades!!

Just now, Bristle boy said:

It's coming!!

I hope you are right- after being burned many many times i just can't believe there wont be a major wobble between now and say, mondays runs..

Needless to say no sign of this on the ecm although it does end the run with max temps 0f 0C in the south and a 40kt easterly which would be unpleasant indeed if verified.

I didn't like the look of the wind direction arrows on this mornings BBC Weather.

By Friday it appeared to show SE direction and the deep blues were changing back to greens.

Also the summary included mainly dry week and there was no mention of snow!

Edited by snowblizzard

can with have a purpleless cold spell please thank you. 2c by day and -1c by night would be plenty cold enough:friends:

On the BBC weather last night late on Darren Betts did say a south Easterly for a time. But mainly dry.

3 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

On the BBC weather last night late on Darren Betts did say a south Easterly for a time. But mainly dry.

Perhaps the best will come after next weekend?

27 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

I didn't like the look of the wind direction arrows on this mornings BBC Weather.

By Friday it appeared to show SE direction and the deep blues were changing back to greens.

seems accurate, beast not due until Sun/Mon, 

ECM1-144.GIF?18-12

8 hours ago, Hirudine said:

Hah! Anyone who gripes are welcome to spend a day working with me in sub zero temps.

I've done it in the past. You just wrap up warm and keep moving 

Although some of the charts showing up would be a bit too cold for being outside to be fair. 

8 hours ago, Hirudine said:

Won't fall out with that at all.  I worked through the winters of 78 , 81/2 87 and 91. Although I like a bit of cold and snow  for a while it,s  one thing having a bit of fun for an hour or two, but quite another having to stand out in it for 8 hours a day  Monday to Friday. Like yourself I shall probably take a few days off if it gets really cold  at 58 I'e done my bit.:D

You'd think that at least one weather app would actually have a snow symbol or some actual cold showing on them for this time next week (for the south) and into next but nada, bit fat zero, zilch on any of them and with daytime temps around 5-7c.

2 hours ago, snowblizzard said:

Pretty good summary from the beeb when looking at the ens very little precipitation next week   

gefsens850London0.pnggefsens850Manchester0.png

Edited by Summer Sun

Was just about to tell the family about possible cold and snow but thought better of it.  Don't want to jinx this one 😁

1 hour ago, cobbett said:

You'd think that at least one weather app would actually have a snow symbol or some actual cold showing on them for this time next week (for the south) and into next but nada, bit fat zero, zilch on any of them and with daytime temps around 5-7c.

yes, it's 6.7'c here today already, you'd think with them saying a cold spell is coming, that there'd have to be colder temperatures?

just said to the wife ' think we are going to need a bigger boiler'

mixed emotions for me though, love the cold but the daughter starts a job Monday next which she will have to drive a round trip of 100 miles a day down country roads, she has never realy driven in proper snow (if it comes), lots of dad worry coming up maybe.