Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

There would be frosty nights next week under that big juicy Ecm 12z high which would turn the days colder as a result.:)

Sounds good to me :D

Posted

far to much optimism in the mod thread, alot of people being led up the garden path to coldmaggendon, we all know it gets watered now nearer the magical 10 day mark and at best all i think we will get is slightly chilly weather, so i for one cannot get to excited about the output right now, especially when temps are going to be in double figures by the weekend and early next week, well for here anyway

1 minute ago, sparky1972 said:

far to much optimism in the mod thread, alot of people being led up the garden path to coldmaggendon, we all know it gets watered now nearer the magical 10 day mark and at best all i think we will get is slightly chilly weather, so i for one cannot get to excited about the output right now, especially when temps are going to be in double figures by the weekend and early next week, well for here anyway

Read the charts and make your own mind up  its the best way ,all about ego's and sheep in there :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

so much for the SSW then.  If that can't deliver the cold goods then there is no hope anywhere else.  Another winter wasted....unless you live in the North.  If only the British Isles was geographically shunted 1000 miles further north then we might all get some action in the winter.

Posted
10 minutes ago, snow freak said:

so much for the SSW then.  If that can't deliver the cold goods then there is no hope anywhere else.  Another winter wasted....unless you live in the North.  If only the British Isles was geographically shunted 1000 miles further north then we might all get some action in the winter.

What charts have you been looking at today??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
25 minutes ago, snow freak said:

What a strange thing to post. The SSW has only just begun and it looks like being notable not just for the magnitude of the reversal but also for longevity. Moreover, this evenings 12z suites have made a significant shift towards HLB.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I must be missing something. The ECM 12z looks milder to me. Most of the country in double digit temps this weekend. How is that an improvement?

yep i think the bbc got some catching  up  to do  they got +10  for me weekenf  the gfs say diffenert!!

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

What a strange thing to post. The SSW has only just begun and it looks like being notable not just for the magnitude of the reversal but also for longevity. Moreover, this evenings 12z suites have made a significant shift towards HLB.

okay i admit then this SSW might be able to offer us something, but whether that will be sufficient for any long lasting snow, we shall see.  its just a pity it couldnt have happened in December, January or even early Feb rather than March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Read the charts and make your own mind up  its the best way ,all about ego's and sheep in there :nonono:

Some of us (like me) are too dumb to make heads or tails of those charts. I wouldn't have a clue what wind direction/conditions would be showing just from looking at a pressure chart. We rely on people in there to give honest analysis of those charts. Sadly a lot of distortion from rampers is something we have to deal with.

• Like 1

Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

Some of us (like me) are too dumb to make heads or tails of those charts. I wouldn't have a clue what wind direction/conditions would be showing just from looking at a pressure chart. We rely on people in there to give honest analysis of those charts. Sadly a lot of distortion from rampers is something we have to deal with.

Don't get me wrong there are good posters in there but more often  they're drowned out as they tell it as it is not as some want to hear .

Posted

what i do not understand is we have a SSW and the BBC are talking about it becoming even milder with temperatures into double figures by the weekend.  What is that all about.  I thought SSW meant cold not balmy temperatures.

1 minute ago, snow freak said:

what i do not understand is we have a SSW and the BBC are talking about it becoming even milder with temperatures into double figures by the weekend.  What is that all about.  I thought SSW meant cold not balmy temperatures.

It can take a fortnight for it to effect our weather .

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
3 minutes ago, snow freak said:

From my *very* limited understanding, those conditions are the result of the transition of where the high cell is going to end up. I don't have a clue either lol

Posted
11 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

I always thought that SSW ment winds from South-South West bringing mild weather. :D

Nah. We can get that without one no problem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
3 hours ago, knocker said:

On the other hand we aren't all traveling through King's Cross and I don't think it a bad idea to warn people of ice, particularly the elderly and those a bit unsteady on their pins like me as we all aren't so weather wise as everyone on here appears to be. And talking of common sense.......................

Ice & other genuine hazards yes, but some gentle drizzle? Hmm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I see the "knee jerk reaction brigade, to every frame, of every run", were out in force last night and blow me down, there still here, this morning. Patience is required!!

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

I see the "knee jerk reaction brigade, to every frame, of every run", were out in force last night and blow me down, there still here, this morning. Patience is required!!

Regards,

Tom.

I'm keeping quiet :)

Burnt to many times, sometimes its better to be discreet i agree Tom.

PS Saw your posts in the SE thread, hope you are feeling better and my very best wishes for a healthy happy future :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Probably wise to keep the powder dry at the moment. 

New members could easily get drawn into talk of 87 and 91. To my untrained eye it seems we're still out to 200 hours for the result most want, and SSW or not, that's still very much in garden path territory for an easterly. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Number 23 said:

Probably wise to keep the powder dry at the moment. 

New members could easily get drawn into talk of 87 and 91. To my untrained eye it seems we're still out to 200 hours for the result most want, and SSW or not, that's still very much in garden path territory for an easterly. 

87 and 91!  Last night there was a post in there saying coldest and snowiest period since the 16th and 17th century!   If the sea aroind the uk doesnt freeze...im calling this a let down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
1 minute ago, chris78 said:

87 and 91!  Last night there was a post in there saying coldest and snowiest period since the 16th and 17th century!   If the sea aroind the uk doesnt freeze...im calling this a let down.

If Carlsberg did ramping....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
6 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Saw that post. I was thinking the winter of 1684 compressed into late February and March! It'll play utter hell with our infrastructure.:help::D

• Like 1