Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else share my view that since the SSW was forecast,the model thread has become the Fantasy Island thread? I understand the anticipation and excitement of the SSW and the 'potential' ramifications thereafter but almost all output being shown and discussed is all in F1.I hope we do get the protracted cold easterly and dreams sometimes come true but for now they are dreams even at a point of cross model agreement on day 10.

I would recommend the Met Office open days - especially to the armchair met office bashers who think the MO don't know what they are doing. Just been to the one today and it was a fascinating tour of some wonderful facilities and all of it FOC. It takes about 3 hours with a little bit of history, the brilliant MO Library, as well as a presentation by a forecaster on the process of creating a forecast. The library is open to the public but you do need to let them know if you want to visit for security reasons - that in itself is worth a visit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Whatever happens in The forthcoming weeks.

feed the birds guys and gals.

if winter prolongs, they really will need a bit of extra support, and into spring when they are frantically nesting, laying and feeding offspring.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

It's uncanny how the ecm repeatable shows why it's the top performing model. :)

Hallelujah

sq-1.jpg

This comment get shouted around this forum all the time . It is the top performing model , but that's on a global scale , you can't say it's the most top performing model for are area of the globe . ?

Oh and your squirrel my look like this if the GFS 12z comes off ?IMG_1390.thumb.JPG.368f3dae15be174c302f02c685b613db.JPG

Edited by ICE COLD
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

This comment get shouted around this forum all the time . It is the top performing model , but that's on a global scale , you can't say it's the most top performing model for are area of the globe . ?

You are so right. The top performing model in our area is the one that gives the peeps what they want to hear but numerous scientific studies have, as yet, failed to pin one down.

Edited by knocker
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

You are so right. The top performing model in our area is the one that gives the peeps what they want to hear but numerous scientific studies have, as yet, failed to pin one down.

? . That's very true . 

8 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

Oh and your squirrel my look like this if the GFS 12z comes off ?IMG_1390.thumb.JPG.368f3dae15be174c302f02c685b613db.JPG

No, no, Sidney will be tucked up in the woodshed

2017920-sleeping-squirrel.jpg?cmd=resize

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It has just been announced by the SSW committee that the ecm has been suspended sine die without recourse to appeal. It's continual refusal to accommodate it's clients and it's insistence on sticking to reality can no longer be tolerated.

R.I.P

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The wrist slashing will commence in the mod thread within the next 48 hours or so. They're basing their hopes on a 2nd grade model (GEM), a good model that doesn't go out far enough (UKMO) and the GFS that doesn't have a clue (HUGE ensemble scatter). Today so far mirrors yesterday: 0 and 6zs were bad, but they liked the 12. Then the 18z was "dreadful". ECM has had 2 dire runs on the trot now.

Myself; I would take a degree either side of average. Knowing how poorly this cesspit of a country copes with snow, the thought of mass disruption is not very appealing.

tenor.gif?itemid=4655461

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, knocker said:

It has just been announced by the SSW committee that the ecm has been suspended sine die without recourse to appeal. It's continual refusal to accommodate it's clients and it's insistence on sticking to reality can no longer be tolerated.

R.I.P

We both know it won't happen. You have your knowledge whilst I have my undying cynicism. Still, rubbing salt in the wound with squirrel gifs isn't helping lol

• Haha 2

It's starting to look like the bosoms are pointing vertically in the model thread. In the real world in the South there's no hint of winter, the sun is noticeably stronger and as a result I cannot see the cold being as described. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Chief Wiggam said:

It's starting to look like the bosoms are pointing vertically in the model thread. In the real world in the South there's no hint of winter, the sun is noticeably stronger and as a result I cannot see the cold being as described. 

There's a better chance of the pope appearing on Love island...

1 hour ago, knocker said:

R.I.P

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The OLD ones are the best are they not

In my eyes global warming has virtually killed our chance of ever seeing a 1980s style cold spell ever again.  Perversely it also seems to have killed hot and sunny summers with decent storms too!!!

• Like 1