Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
20 minutes ago, Matthew. said:

Is an easterly coming?:shok: With Sydney burying his nuts I might take it more seriously this time:yahoo:

Rather depends on how you define easterly. If the definition takes into account a NE drift on the east side of a ridge and also an easterly component on the northerly circulation of a low with the possibility of snow showers along the east coast then quite likely. Sidney could sniff out the latter as the low sinks south over France and sneaks a SE into Cornwall briefly albeit not particularly cold. :shok: With a slack gradient and a cold pool thereafter the action will revert to a more usual direction.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Glad I ordered another load of logs now , best get a few bags of coal as well:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just had a look over at the other side, Brian Gaze has come off the fence slightly, it must have been digging in a bit:D

Posted
7 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

RAMP ALERT!!!

GFS6z showing snow across the country on saturday!!:yahoo:

Apart from the south.....no surprise there though ?

Posted

I'll be honest,I just can't quite get excited yet because as usual there's a lot of uncertainty but a tad more believable than last time that we could get something notable.

I wt to see a great set up within t48.

Posted

No snow Sunday eve/Monday morn thank you; fly out of Birmingham airport to Mexico Monday morning.

Be just typical if real cold and snow arrives next week and i'm not in UK:wallbash:

Here's hoping for a late downgrade:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Been away from here for a while now. Didn't expect to see this. At least its not all at +180 hours away. Roll on the weekend. 

Posted
59 minutes ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

For Hull ......as usual ...its a case of " Cold to the left of me , Cold to the right , Here i am stuck in the middle with you "

gfs-1-162.png

For once we're in the right place there. That milder area is a band of precipitation getting undercut in both directions by cold air. A similar setup delivered nicely in Feb 2012.

Posted
13 minutes ago, reef said:

For once we're in the right place there. That milder area is a band of precipitation getting undercut in both directions by cold air. A similar setup delivered nicely in Feb 2012.

I was only joking of course Reef . I agree this could be a very good set up for snow starved Hull and East Yorkshire 

39 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

No snow Sunday eve/Monday morn thank you; fly out of Birmingham airport to Mexico Monday morning.

Be just typical if real cold and snow arrives next week and i'm not in UK:wallbash:

Here's hoping for a late downgrade:D

I feel your pain as i think it may just happen this time even here in marazion.

2 hours ago, Dafydd Tomos said:

I agree as it's similar for Tenby Pembrokeshire between 6-9C and apart from light showers Saturday it's dry with sunny spells. Now that could be the result of an easterly as it often brings drier, sunnier weather to the west but as temperatures are measured in the shade not in direct sunlight, I'd have thought it would still be colder than suggested tbh

There is a front expected to push in on Saturday some models suggest some decent hill snow but low ground and the coasts look like getting rain (or perhaps sleet if we're lucky) lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.
16 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

2013/14 was far far worse than this one for continuous cloud, rain, wind and mildness...I've never been so happy for a winter to end it really was that bad!...it felt like it went on for months unabated. 

Yes. This exactly. We had a puppy that winter and I was out with her every 20 minutes while house training and it was bloody dire

Posted
1 minute ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

The charts are showing a cold spell but I'm told by a couple of reliable weather guys that they expect them to backtrack in 24 hours. I'm an amateur myself but this is what I am being told 

any names

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
1 minute ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

The charts are showing a cold spell but I'm told by a couple of reliable weather guys that they expect them to backtrack in 24 hours. I'm an amateur myself but this is what I am being told 

Hi Walsall :) what is the source of your info? No need to name names but the organisation these reliable 'weather guys' come from might assist. Perhaps we could then analyse how the cold spell will fail.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Go on then, we're all ears? Unless they're called  Matt Eorologist and Noah Bluddyclue?

Edited by Johnp
  • Like 3

Posted

Its not the lead of the Stone roses is it?.   I guess we will have to see.   if they do flip at such a short range  then just shows  how far we have to go to accurately predict our weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.
3 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

My dog tells me it’s going to verify and he knows his stuff

• Like 2