Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Bring on spring imo. I'd rather it be sunny and mild than grey and cold. Back to mild and wet by this coming Saturday. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Absolute rubbish model outputs today - what happened to the northerly/northeasterly? ECM 0z shows a northerly for a day or so but it looks a bit of a tame affair and the GFS is worse - the jet stream looks like going to that dreaded NE/SW profile in a week/10 days time.

Starting to get a bit tired of this winter, started fairly promising but the last month has been ordinary at best with numerous dull days and no frosts at least last year at this time we had quite a few hard air frosts, this year diddly squat!

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

i personally have given up looking at the models as they swap and change on an almost hourly basis, so basically they are not even worth watching.  And as for the UK, i think we should resign ourselves to saying goodbye to snowy winters (or even frosty ones) as they seem to be a thing of the past now.  the past several winters have been abysmal.....unless wind and rain is your 'thing'.  I have living in the country.

• Like 1

Posted

Well once again it's the model showing the worst outcome which turns out correct.. even if it's the GEM.  One might want to bet on the slightly nicer looking (briefly) ECM as it's the most accurate model on average, but you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be this time.

I see little point in looking forward to winter in this part of the world. Roll on the spring blossom and longer days. Even if it's only a few degrees warmer with not much interesting weather around, it will feel better and I'll get to see/be in the outside world other than just at the weekend!

• Like 3

Posted

It really is a cruel hobby for us UK snow lovers. I certainly need a break from it now. I am exhausted lol. At least I can now have a look at my Christmas presents lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves

I've been sitting back watching output and it as been very nice to see eye candy for the most never comes off I have learnt not to get excited because like what happened a week or two ago with the easterly it all ways gets watered down to normal winter weather like we are going to see next week wintery showers some snow at times in north west and some very windy weather to if you want something very cold and wintery  and what lasts longer then a week I think this needs to come from the north east..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Really underwhelming forecast on the BBC for the next few days. Wintery in the NW with snow on hills....rain, sleet and hail at the coasts and low levels in the north and west. Southern areas average with periods of wind and rain. 

Posted

I don't know why people still waist hours and hours of there time looking at computer simulated weather beyond 5 days that doesnt even exist and rarely accurs. Go back to the good old days and stick your head out the window why even go outside and enjoy it. Try living in the real world instead of a make belief future and you might actually get less disapponted in life and maybe succeed in something worth while.

• Like 2

Posted

The way our luck has been for the last few years, if we got a proper Scandi high in place, the poles would flip and we’d find ourselves enjoying the Australian Summer time.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

I don't know why people still waist hours and hours of there time looking at computer simulated weather beyond 5 days that doesnt even exist and rarely accurs. Go back to the good old days and stick your head out the window why even go outside and enjoy it. Try living in the real world instead of a make belief future and you might actually get less disapponted in life and maybe succeed in something worth while.

Did you accidentally register here?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
5 hours ago, Optimus Prime said:

I think that will go down in history as the biggest failed snow chart ramp ever to grace a weather forum.

I knew I jinxed it the minute I posted that 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
4 hours ago, snow freak said:

i personally have given up looking at the models as they swap and change on an almost hourly basis, so basically they are not even worth watching.  And as for the UK, i think we should resign ourselves to saying goodbye to snowy winters (or even frosty ones) as they seem to be a thing of the past now.  the past several winters have been abysmal.....unless wind and rain is your 'thing'.  I have living in the country.

"And as for the UK*, i think we should resign ourselves to saying goodbye to snowy winters (or even frosty ones) as they seem to be a thing of the past now. "

*England. I think that is the word you are looking for. Plenty areas of Scotland have had snow, not to mention plenty of frost and even some ice days this winter and it looks as though even urban Glasgow may get some not insignificant snow this week.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Hammer50 said:

It ovule switch back to cold just as easy as it shifted to warm.

I admire your optimism but can anybody recall the last time that happened? I certainly can't. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

BBC just said very little, if any snow, away from the hills and mountains of the NW this week. Less cold and wet and windy mid week and then cooler and drier towards the end of week. I suspected it wasn't going to be the cold people were saying just yesterday. Even here in Lerwick 4C isn't cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer
2 minutes ago, Hammer50 said:

It ovule switch back to cold just as easy as it shifted to warm.

certainly its more intertaning than watching the weather forecast for saudi arabia or any other desert country how boring would that be :wallbash:

Posted

countryfile 7 day forecast coming up let's see what they've got to say against the model output, plus a few pieces on there which looks like they were recorded in the last heavy snow we had before xmas, just to show all of ya that this winter hasn't been a total waste of space

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

ECM is an absolute disgrace.

EFFING GUTTED.

TMW is harsh, yes some areas could see snow this week, but generally temps of 7 degrees expected for the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

TMW is harsh, yes some areas could see snow this week, but generally temps of 7 degrees expected for the south

7 degrees is normal and always has been for the south, we were warmer in the 13th century than we are now and Dec 2010 was the coldest for 100 years - how does that fit in with your contemporary winter theory?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
11 minutes ago, andymusic said:

countryfile 7 day forecast coming up let's see what they've got to say against the model output, plus a few pieces on there which looks like they were recorded in the last heavy snow we had before xmas, just to show all of ya that this winter hasn't been a total waste of space

Countryfile is just depressing me further.... what’s all that white stuff :cray:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)
14 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Its already on bbc website, been on since 5.15pm