Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Coniston, Cumbria 90m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
  • Location: Coniston, Cumbria 90m ASL
    5 minutes ago, JeffC said:

    And there vs their...does my napper!

    Oh and should / could of instead of could / should have and your vs you're!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 12k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    This is wrong on so many levels...

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Coniston, Cumbria 90m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
  • Location: Coniston, Cumbria 90m ASL
    Just now, Weather-history said:

    I am certain about one thing about the models now

     

     

     

     

    ....they will be no repeat of December 2015.......:shok::blink2:

    That's good news!!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: DL
  • Location: DL
    26 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

    I am certain about one thing about the models now..

     

     

     

     

    ....they will be no repeat of December 2015.......:shok::blink2:

    With the ridging displaced westward it could still be wet though... just cold rain rather than warm rain.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level
    9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

    EC still stinks, worse than 12Z

    ECM1-192.GIF?02-12

    Yes i'm not impressed with EC this morning- the only positive is Fri midnight to sat midnight when there should be snow showers moving south- but really its a 24 hour toppler in reality.

    You can see on that chart the azores high doing a lot of damage - so ukmo/gfs versus EC....

    Edited by northwestsnow
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Mid Essex
  • Location: Mid Essex

     Wasn't it 7 days or so ago we were due to have snow now? Seems that we will now get snow in about 7 days time. So will that be put back 7 days and so on?

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: South East, Romney Marsh
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
  • Location: South East, Romney Marsh
    55 minutes ago, Snipper said:

     Wasn't it 7 days or so ago we were due to have snow now? Seems that we will now get snow in about 7 days time. So will that be put back 7 days and so on?

    From my few years on this forum the pushed back pattern of 7 or 10 days is definitely a "thing" from what ive experienced. 

    I'm not gona keep falling into the same trap repeatedly.  Didnt Einstein say somthing along the lines of;

    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

    Unless it's showing in the 48hr time frame,im not buying it!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: NR Worthing SE Coast
  • Location: NR Worthing SE Coast

    Some people already had the snow,haven’t you seen the reports

    can’t snow in everyone backyard 

    why are people showing 8 day charts then saying it’s gfs meto v ecm when ukmo doesn’t run to 8 days :drunk-emoji:

    can the grammar police go away whilst I’m moaning.Thanks

    next cold spell coming next week and looking colder than the last one.:cold::cold:

     

     

     

     

     

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: chellaston, derby
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
  • Location: chellaston, derby

    anomaly charts keep the mean upper flow from the northwest.

    suggests to me a continuation of cold/less cold spells as systems traverse the northern flank of the western high bringing a milder or less cold spell before northerlies tuck in behind it as ridging to our west builds. not sure why theres so much excitement over there (points to model thread) , i dont think theres much snow likely for most of us and that that we do get is likely to be wet and not settle too long. certainly no 'big freeze' on the cards.... not yet anyway.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    3 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

    anomaly charts keep the mean upper flow from the northwest.

    suggests to me a continuation of cold/less cold spells as systems traverse the northern flank of the western high bringing a milder or less cold spell before northerlies tuck in behind it as ridging to our west builds. not sure why theres so much excitement over there (points to model thread) , i dont think theres much snow likely for most of us and that that we do get is likely to be wet and not settle too long. certainly no 'big freeze' on the cards.... not yet anyway.

    Why do I think that one Nathan Rao will disagree with that?:shok:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]

    I don’t get the excitement. Charts 6/7 days out. So much potential for changes. Rarely have I seen amazing charts 7 days out that far then go on to deliver exactly that. Caution needed. It’s gonna get depressing I think over next few days as there’s only one way the emotions can go from here     

    Edited by c00ps
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Medlock Valley, Oldham, 103m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and/or snow in Winter.
  • Location: Medlock Valley, Oldham, 103m asl
    3 minutes ago, c00ps said:

    I don’t get the excitement. Charts 6/7 days out. So much potential for changes. Rarely have I seen amazing charts 7 days out that far hen go in to deliver exactly that. Caution needed. It’s gonna get depressing I think over next few days as there’s only one way the emotions can go from here     

    Charts look good for sure but yep nearly a week away, what could possibly go wrong? not getting my hopes up.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Snipper said:

     Wasn't it 7 days or so ago we were due to have snow now? Seems that we will now get snow in about 7 days time. So will that be put back 7 days and so on?

    The folk who live 7 days in the future must be sick of shovelling snow by now :rofl:

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Hockley, Essex
  • Location: Hockley, Essex

    This is 6 days away and things will change!  I wish people would calm down and stop using terms like "solid".

     

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

    The folk who live 7 days in the future must be sick of shovelling snow by now :rofl:

    Aye Moki...them thar quantum snow shovels are hellish expensive too!:D

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Leicestershire (hinckley)
  • Location: Leicestershire (hinckley)

    Well depends who you buy from. Heck of a difference for two that look pretty similar. 

    Screenshot_20171202-114415.png

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    1 minute ago, MKN said:

    Well depends who you buy from. Heck of a difference for two that look pretty similar. 

    Screenshot_20171202-114415.png

    True. But a quantum snow shovel costs only $2000, and comes with a free assault rifle...And, you can sweep away snow for up to seven days before it falls...cheap at half the price!:crazy:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wakefield - God's County
  • Location: Wakefield - God's County

    I personally think this year we should ban any form of model output discussion beyond T120....saves the major disappointments of years gone by !!:D:)....

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
    1 minute ago, K9 said:

    I personally think this year we should ban any form of model output discussion beyond T120....saves the major disappointments of years gone by !!:D:)....

    You're forgetting THAT evil ECM that betrayed all hopes a few years ago, it changed output suddenly within T96, if I remember correctly. Maybe T48 would be better?

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]
    12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

    You're forgetting THAT evil ECM that betrayed all hopes a few years ago, it changed output suddenly within T96, if I remember correctly. Maybe T48 would be better?

    T1 lol

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Shepton Mallet Somerset
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
  • Location: Shepton Mallet Somerset
    2 minutes ago, c00ps said:

    T1 lol

    If there is the slightest , remotest chance of a mild solution , rest assured , the UK will find it.:diablo:

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: South East, Romney Marsh
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
  • Location: South East, Romney Marsh
    35 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

    You're forgetting THAT evil ECM that betrayed all hopes a few years ago, it changed output suddenly within T96, if I remember correctly. Maybe T48 would be better?

    Defo going with the 48hrs window here from now on, and im defo not telling my kids about any potential untill I've actaully seen the snow falling in my vacintity with my own eyes!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...